Balanced Alb Group

T

Tyka

Ok, me and some guild mates from Hib/Excal have thought about moving to Albion on Excalibur.

Going to ask you guys what you think are the most successful classes you need to make the perfect group for RVR/PVE in Albion.

What i thought of could maybe be successful in RvR but not that great in PVE, here it is, let me know what you think of it.

Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Paladin
Minstrel
Sorcerer
Cleric
Cleric

Since next patch Ice wizzies will get their pbaoe speed decreased to 2.5 sec (3.0 now) i think they will make a deadly combo together with 2 clerics having BOF up and MOC ready, let me know what you think, also think about PvE as well.

V

vintervargen

1 slambot might not be enough.. (as it is pretty many vulnerable classes) but i dont really know about alb playing style

R

Rnp

RVR tankgrps4thewin! :)

2 mercs
2 clerics
1 sorc
1 mincer
1 slam arms
1 pala

pve is just anygrp with 1-2 pala and 1-2 ice wizz and somekind of power regain :)

N

Novamir

thrust merc
thrust merc
thrust merc
slam pally
cleric
cleric
sorc
mincer

cannot be beaten when played well

A

Arnor

think i'd have taken a friar in teh mix, just to get dem nice resists and some whackin/heals

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Tyka
Ok, me and some guild mates from Hib/Excal have thought about moving to Albion on Excalibur.

Going to ask you guys what you think are the most successful classes you need to make the perfect group for RVR/PVE in Albion.

What i thought of could maybe be successful in RvR but not that great in PVE, here it is, let me know what you think of it.

Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Paladin
Minstrel
Sorcerer
Cleric
Cleric

Since next patch Ice wizzies will get their pbaoe speed decreased to 2.5 sec (3.0 now) i think they will make a deadly combo together with 2 clerics having BOF up and MOC ready, let me know what you think, also think about PvE as well.

Tried it (with 2 ice n 1 fire wizz) and your are dead as soon as you meet a tank gank squad (very common these days, specially in Midgard). Sure you will ding 50th in no time but not very popular in the current state of Dark Age of Tankalot
You can't rely the success of a fg on a 30min timer RA.

I rather prefer:

Sorcerer
Cleric (reju/enhc)
Cleric (enhc/reju)
Paladin
Minstrel
2 determination tanks
Friar or a 3rd tank

A

Arnor

ps: you could try with a necro too, for da mad af-debuff

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Novamir
thrust merc
thrust merc
thrust merc
slam pally
cleric
cleric
sorc
mincer

xactly

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Novamir
thrust merc
thrust merc
thrust merc
slam pally
cleric
cleric
sorc
mincer

what about throwing in a reaver for their uber "#%#¤% pbaoe interrupt-but-dont-break-mez thingie

J

Jiggs

BF have tried ice wiz grp a few times as there are 4 ice wiz in BF..

it doesnt work very well

why does pbaoe work for hibs:

simple answer
you dont need another caster (sorcerer) for mezz and one of your tanks gets 6second pbt...

so basically u got 4casters with no pbt and one slammer (paladin)

= easy to beat, thornweed field or one healer/bard spamming amenisa and ur grp is toast...

in PvE you are better doing a focus with 1 matter cabalist and 2 ice wizards if u want to level super fast :)

tank groups are sucky in PvE tho its true, i think ideal alb RvR is something along the lines of:

cleric (rej/buff)
cleric (buff/rej)
cleric/reaver/friar/s+s arms
minstrel (50inst 43slash)
paladin
sorcerer (44mind)
merc/arms (fully offensive spec)
merc/arms (fully offensive spec)

its not set in stone but basically with the 2cleric, 1sorc,1mincer and a paladin backbone u wont go far wrong...

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I would favor:

2 clerics
1 minstrel
1 pally shield spec
1 merc thrust
3 thrust pole armsman (assisting merc)

High determination, purge, ip, mopain, all that crap.
Might not be ideal for lvling though, just get a necro for that.
Still won't match 3 healers and a shammy as support, but that is cause Midgard has to be uber and all. Pol armsman will give similar damage output to a Mid zerker or savage, just much slower :(
Regards, Glottis

C

cougar-

Originally posted by vintervargen
what about throwing in a reaver for their uber "#%#¤% pbaoe interrupt-but-dont-break-mez thingie

reaver is blooody annoying to face, and they sure interupt and are nice for offensive slam. You lose some dmg and get a mezzable tank, earn huge interupt and ability to stun target.

F

froler-mid

lol at hibs trying too get albs too make pbaoe groups,

WIZZY aint as overpowered as enchanter, K? :m00:

i liked the merc setup, but with friar, ( too bad we have like 3 active mercs in alb..?)

W

-Wedge-

Its already 2.5s... Thats not next patch, it was like 2 patches ago ;)

I've talked with Fatalitys about this... The reason that (imho) it wont work atm is because of Cold-resists... Their too easy to get... (Hibs have 16% buff on average, and most mid groups have 24%)

So you end up with 3 wizards doing 300 damage (tops)... Although still nice... Nothing in your group that can protect them if something goes wrong... And against good groups, too many things 'go wrong'...

Not saying that you wont kill anything, you'd do pretty well against under RR5 (may be even RR6) groups, but anything above that... You're going to lose...

At least this is my experience when running with 2 ice wizards... I havent run a lot with 3 (and a good sorc)...

If you want to try it, then I'd suggest dropping 1 ice wizard for another shield tank... Guard on both ice wizards is nice...

And I'd suggest the sorcerer to go high in body, because you'll need the cold-debuffs...

V

Vasconcelos

2 determination tanks, although it is not a must, helps a lot (both mercs or polearms). A reaver as a 3rd tank is also really nice: slam, pbaoe interrupt, debuff, good damage dealer (levi).....

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
cause Midgard has to be uber and all.

maybe you will be surprised after patch if albs follow their own advices ;)

C

cougar-

Originally posted by froler-mid
lol at hibs trying too get albs too make pbaoe groups,

WIZZY aint as overpowered as enchanter, K? :m00:

i liked the merc setup, but with friar, ( too bad we have like 3 active mercs in alb..?)

friar is useless compared to a merc or reaver.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by cougar-
friar is useless compared to a merc or reaver.

Friar is really usefull when assisting a slamming tank or a tank with Prevent Flight. He can do really good damage (up to 200+) n really fast.
Also, he provides baselines buffs (which use to drop the last coz friar is one of the last enemies to be killed, so you can at least, keep your baselines from him), resists buffs n ocassional ress. I don't simply count heals as a friar tool, because its really rare to see a friar healing in middle of a fight (understanable as they can't chase enmies, hit em, select friendly targets from mini window n heal all at a time)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

1 cleric
1 minstrel
6 wizards

Super speed your way through E-main and every 15 minutes launch 6 Volcanic Pillars at your enemy for easy RPs. :)

J

Jiggs

determination is what wins alot of fights, friars dont get it which really handicaps them (and reavers)

the resists they bring are very useful against hibs tho (reduces duration of heat debuff and castable stunn is redered useless)

my feeling is friar are limited class tho, we need better healing or something, because the current FoTM tanks just rip us to shreds :(

O

old.mattshanes

2x highlander mercs.(50/50/28 slash,1.62=high str with buffs)
1x friar
1xsorc
1xmins
1xpala
2xclerics

Y

yurka_polearm

sorc,
cleric,
cleric,
mincer,
pally, (slam)
thrust polearm/2hd (or merc)
thrust polearm/2hd (or merc)
thrust polearm/2hd

J

jox

I think a good alb-group would be;

A couple of confused scouts in epics

C

cougar-

the hybrids with poor healing and poor offensive i.e wardens and friar just doesent make inside the emain 3lit3 groups. poor healing and resistbuffs isnt as good as the dmg deal that extra merc or reaver/extra chanter give.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Jiggs
determination is what wins alot of fights, friars dont get it which really handicaps them (and reavers)

the resists they bring are very useful against hibs tho (reduces duration of heat debuff and castable stunn is redered useless)

my feeling is friar are limited class tho, we need better healing or something, because the current FoTM tanks just rip us to shreds :(

Agree, 2 determination tanks is almost a must (mercs n polearms both with Prevent Flight work really good).
Personally, i can't decide btwn reaver or friar as the 3rd tank. Both have really good tools for gank groups....

Users who are viewing this thread