Regarding alb PBAE-groups in RvR

R

rure_

I find it strange that albion isnt using pbae as much as the other realms do (especially hibby). cause played right it is very powerful, we have seen (and felt) it numerous times.

are there any regular pbae-groups going atm? if there are what's your set up?

I am thinking of sorting out a pbae-group a couple nights. was thinking this set up:

3 ice wizzys
2 clerics
1 sorc
1 pally
1 mincer

a pally to slam everyone in the pbae box, the rest is pretty obvious what to do.

I would like to see if anyone is interested? more details coming up if enough people are interested.

S

sigh

Three Ice wizz's sounds nice, Assisting on Searing Wind, snare and Baseline nuke, VP as a damage shield, and moc
Shame their arent pets in the earth line or something.

I

iluvatur

you need a great minstrel if your running pbaoe caster groups ... if you havent got sos on and you're mezzed... you pretty much gonna get trampled by the assist train and quickly. Baod and GP allow hibs to run the best caster groups, but albs can still be dangerous.

A

Asha

my guess is:

- no GP
- no baod
- no pets (w/stun, intercept, etc)
- no aoe stun
- no baseline stun

ice wiz just doesn't stand up to either enchanter or sm

however I am not whining, we have bof, fh, and sos, which would all be very helpful for a pbaoe group... but I think a caster group might be better than a pbaoe group in albion atm.

G

gunner440

i think caster grps would have to rely on ra's a lot if they want to win constantly

G

gunner440

i think caster grps would have to rely on ra's a lot if they want to win constantly

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

G

gunner440

K

K0nah

yep GP is the only reason hib pbaoe grps still work so well. 4 healers and 6s pbt in teh grp helps too as does +20% from relics ofc... i remember when hibs were down to +10% even that made a huge difference to thier effectiveness.

roll on foundations... ;)

L

lac_desariel

I roam with

1 Cleric
3 Ice wizards
1 minstrel
1 Body sorc
1 Body cabby
1 paladin

We play as a caster group with the pbae option we rock some times we need RA some times we dome... as for pets... garb and domain dont have em...... i dont need a pet, yes it would help but also it could hinder imagine a mezz or root pet attack waisted cc

E

elvothesorc

We pretty often run with a setup of

3 ice wiz
1 pally (thats switching guard)
2 cleric
1 mins
1 sorc

Works pretty good, but many time you are very dependant on MoC.

J

Javai

We had alot of fun with a baby caster group on Sunday,

2 Wind Theurg
1 Spirit Cabby (only level 43!)
1 Sorc
2 clerics
(other 2 spots tended to swap hands a bit)

Most of group were sub rr3 so we couldn't rely on RAs but we still won alot of fights although we did lose once to a pb group of rr8+ Hibs and again later on when the Hibs came back with 3fgs.

Although funniest part was when the two Theurgs and Cabby retired to wall room, 5-6 enemy melee types stood on wall seemingly afraid to charge cos they thought we were pb'ers :)

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by gunner440
man wtf:confused:

You can delete the extra posts if u want, Click edit - at the top DELETE POST ? (tick box) click delete :)

Unless u wanted a lot of +1's ofc ;)

X

xplo

The Brethren pbaoe group took 37 enemy's out last night xD

R

rure_

thanks for the input guys :) I think konah has a point, hibs have it much easier to get a good pbae group. atm, I dont think albion can match the casters or the balance in the group with any of the other realms

S

Stormm

make sure mincer has purge + sos .. keep them together you got gp with addition of 30 secs of speed to run away and reform

W

-Wedge-

Hibs have it a lot easier with Group Purge, the other RA's are nice, but Group Purge makes their groups much more effective...

Even hibs need most of the goodies that we 'albs' need... Albs have BoF/SoS, but its not as effective as Group Purge... BoF helps you to stay alive vs savages though, but sos doesnt do 'that' much for a caster group...

Fact that hibs have more utility in the same group helps a lot too...

2 Enchanters
1 Eldrich
1 Bard
2 Druids
2 Shield Tanks (2!! :p)

Thats 1 more shield tank, its 4 pets, its AE interrupt, its disease, its 2x group purge and 1x purge, its insta-mez... Its more effective... You could drop 1 tank for a debuff-eld... (insta mez does wonders for pbaoe groups)

However, you do need a group that knows how to play, so far the only real caster group thats problem vs our caster group is Garb's group... Although domain & co is often nasty too...

But taking in account they have a 'few' more ras then us.... I dont think we do 'that' bad...

Most high RR tank groups are a problem... Not all impossible though, strangely enough I stay alive longer with a caster group vs NP then with a tank group...

75% of the low rr groups are dead without the use of ra's though ;)

Our group is usually:

3 Ice Wizards
2 Clerics
1 Sorc
1 Minstrel
1 Paladin / Other tank

Sometimes we drop 1 ice wizard for a body-sorc... 50% debuff is very evil...

P

Pin

Originally posted by rure_
I am thinking of sorting out a pbae-group a couple nights. was thinking this set up:

3 ice wizzys
2 clerics
1 sorc
1 pally
1 mincer

Much better imo:

2 ice wizzies
1 cleric
1 body sorc
1 mind sorc
1 pally
2 minstrels

J

Javai

Re: Re: Regarding alb PBAE-groups in RvR

Originally posted by Pin
Much better imo:

2 ice wizzies
1 cleric
1 body sorc
1 mind sorc
1 pally
2 minstrels

Only trouble with that is it uses up half the available cc in Albion at any one time :p

T

Tilda

I think i'd be tempted to drop down to 1 cleric <eep> and chuck in another pally/arms/reaver for guard.

But yes at the moment, the most effective alb caster group is:

Wind theurg
Wind theurg
Spirit cabby
Ice wizzie
Cleric
Mincer
Sorc
Pally

Users who are viewing this thread