Best alb RvR mage group?

H

hotrat

Yep no doubt pbae is nice and is an excellent defensive tool against melee groups.

However I don't like the idea of a group all being clustered together and not having GP :)

Single target teams can of course spread out like I said to avoid the inevitable ae mezz.

Your right they won't kill zergs as effectively as a pbae group, but they can still get plenty of rp from a zerg fight :)

Vs other groups you can expect det 5 and GP but this does not make things go wrong, det 5 can be countered with disease and kiting (with a bit of 2 min duration ae snare as well) and GP (assuming a hib caster group) countered with a lot of pets and quickly killing the enemies ranged debuffer.

If we lose the mezz SoS can put us back in the fight, as can purge on the right classes, but thats very similar to pbae.

A lot of hibs used to use pbae offensively all the time, more and more are learning to use it defensively and use chanters debuff as the offensive spell to win fights, which works very well :(

Your point about the high cold resists is well made and is a real pain for albs, especially as hibs often only have to face 8% resist buffs on their energy damage :rolleyes:

A

Adri

spirit cab
spirit cab
spirit cab
sorc
sorc
sorc
cleric
cleric

we ran this setup last weekend, and was a blast

the sorcerers had various specs between them - think we had 1body sorc, one 40b 36m, and one full mind. gave a nice mix of root and mezz and nukes

each sorc assisted their own cab partner. this ment we had 3 different assists working taking down everthing extremely fast. very hard to break the assisting due to having 3 different assists working - kill a sorc the cab can carry on debuffing his own line while the other 2 duos nuke away. kill a cab, the sorc can just assist another one

also ment we had 6 pets of interrupting. many of us had moc which was also pretty lethal

managed to jump a hib zerg that had just got through hmg in odins who were killing the left over albs. dropped a few mezzes and nuked the rest - think we made about 4-5k in 5mins

yes we did die but we won more than we lost - and if we did die we sure as hell took a load with us

was the most fun i had had in a long time - much more fun than all these tank fotm grps

K

Kahland

cleric / cleric / sorc / mincer / 50 shield pally / theurg / ice wizz / ice wizz

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by hotrat
Also after a str/con debuff a 550 dmg lifetap (1.65) will kill any caster in 2 nukes.

Don't think you'll hit 550 dmg every nuke without power relics and with nerfed debuffs, or?

H

hotrat

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Don't think you'll hit 550 dmg every nuke without power relics and with nerfed debuffs, or?
I dont know either :p

3 sorc, 3 caba looks interesting, bit of a lack of speed though, your gonna get jumped a lot I fear :(

2 sorc, 2 caba, 1 mins, 3 cleric could work as well, can never get groups of decent players together to test these things though :(

A

Adri

naturally we had sorc spd in the 3 sorc 3 cab grp

yeah u might get jumped, but can get jumped no matter what spd u got

G

Gordonax

What's wrong with...

mincer/theurg/theurg/theurg//theurg/theurg/theurg/theurg?

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Adri
naturally we had sorc spd in the 3 sorc 3 cab grp

yeah u might get jumped, but can get jumped no matter what spd u got
Well you will get jumped a lot more from behind roaming on sorc speed. Also you won't be able to jump other groups very easily as they will be moving faster than you.

Just tried
2 spirit caba
3 mind sorc
2 cleric
1 mins

and it absolutely owned, every class enhances the other, if you haven't tried a group like this i can strongly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread