Best alb RvR mage group?

A

adari

What do you think?

Personally, I reckon

cleric / cleric / sorc / mincer / theurg / ice wizz / ice wizz / ice wizz

cleric / cleric / sorc / mincer / 50 shield pally / theurg / ice wizz / ice wizz

would be nice, dno though

I've also heard

cleric / cleric / sorc / mincer / matter cabby / spirit cabby / spirit cabby / body sorc

i think.

any suggestions?

S

Stallion-

all are viable I guess.. TB runs a good setup.. dunno what it is rly thou, 2x sorc? 2x ice wiz?

M

Merl

Spirit caby + Air Theurg + Air Theurg + Mind Sorc + Cleric +Mincer + Paly + Ice Wiz = nice :)

SS have run it a few times and we do fairly well.

Allthough we not done it for a while, cough cough sort it out Belo :)

Spirit caby debuffs spirit obviously, and then 2 theurgs hitting with 209 spec nuke for cap dmg is nice ;) Tanks die before they can IP :clap:
Paly protects ice wiz and anyone in trouble runs to ice wiz, cleric, mincer and sorc just do their stuff.

H

Hotandsandy

Minstrel
Ice Wizz
cleric
cleric
Ice Wizz
Ice Wizz
Sorc
Theurgist

Is what Blue Ice run, I believe...

A

adari

Maybe they're the one's from that video with teh alb pbaoe group. They were rather good.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by adari
Maybe they're the one's from that video with teh alb pbaoe group. They were rather good.

url!

S

Subedai-Samil

blue ice is what the TB caster grp is called :p

S

Subedai-Samil

3 ice wiz is stupid......
u want a body sorc, does more dmg that way.

N

NoBrains

My opinion:

Cleric
Cleric
Minstrel
Ice Wiz
Spirit Caby
Mind Sorc
Body Sorc
Mind Sorc / Body Sorc / Ice Wiz / Paladin

:)

F

-Freezingwiz-

Originally posted by Subedai-Samil
3 ice wiz is stupid......
u want a body sorc, does more dmg that way.

well 3 wizzies = 3 who is needed to keep interupted to stop the dmg

2 wizzies + 1 body sorc = 2 who is needed to be interupted before they don´t to any dmg

and even tho u do ~50% more dmg with debuff I don´t think it makes up for the last wizzie.... and I personaly would rather run with a Matter/Body cabby for AEdot + Disease aswell then a sorc cuz disease make the healing suxx and the dot drains power :)

M

Moonwolf

We change the group spec slightly depending on the situation.

TB standard setup is 2 Ice Wiz - 2 Clerics - 2 Sorcs (1 Mind 1 Body) - Minstrel - theurg.

This setup works well for FG vs FG action as the intention is to get the grp mezzed then pick them off with assisted nuking helped by the 50% cold debuff from the Body Sorc. Theurg pets keep the healers busy. Most tanks drop in like 4 secs. Switch to AOE when tanks are on the casters.

If there is a zerg out - as so often the low RR hibs provide these days in odin we switch the body Sorc for an Extra Wiz (Both Chars are Magmatic's) so easy to do half way through and evening and switch back later without having to kick people from the grp. The extra damage tends to be better. We also play a Spirit Cabbie for the Theurg if one is unavailable which works well but not as good as a theurg.

I should reiterate that Alb caster grps really live on there RA's, apart from the obvious MOC, The clerics burn power so fast both Raging Power and MOC are extremely useful. SOS is not as useful as you think. Low RR caster grps have a hard time in all realms.

Alb caster groups can be almost as good as the Hib ones if played well, Like DH we took out 46 Hibs at the lord room in DC a couple of weeks ago and over 50 Mids attacking Bledmeer.

And Just for the record we kicked Xplo for slagging off the guild in public forums and IRC once too often - Don't piss off Magmatic

X

xplo

To bad the pbaoe group is for the lucky few in TB and the rest can basicly fo :m00:

They kicked me cause I whined about that :rolleyes:

O

old.Wildfire

From my point of view as the mind sorc of the group, I prefer having a body gimp ...I mean sorc, as well. Mid groups aren't so much of a problem (although having a high level AE rooter on hand so that I don't have to give myself RSI and break my mouse trying to root the entire savage train is very nice), but the cold debuffs make the difference for me against the high RR hib groups. Either way;

Minstrel
Mind Sorc
2x Cleric
Theurg
2x Ice Wiz

final spot for (in order of preference);
Body Sorc, Ice Wiz, Spirit Cabby

A

adari

i like the idea of a body sorc

basically, what's essential in a mage group is pbt, speed 2 x healers and a mind sorc

i reckon we all agree on that

apart from that i guess you could have 2 ice wizzies and a bodysorc, a 50 shield tank or a cabby. sounds like a fun setup

S

Subedai-Samil

Freezinwiz. :)
if u think that messing a grp and going in and pbaoe is a good idea with this kinda grp then ur wrong. U can do it easily enough with crappy grps but u try it against expericed grps like jh etc and ur in for a compete shock.
if their all messed best thing 2 do is just nuke em 1 by 1, they drop fast enough.
imo ild rather not have a paladin in grp, woouldnt want to sacrifice a caster, if i got aggro i just run to our ice wizzies-they know what 2 do ;)

imo ild prefer a therg over a cabby espeically with the upgrade to earth pets coming soon.

A

adari

Originally posted by Subedai-Samil
Freezinwiz. :)
if u think that messing a grp and going in and pbaoe is a good idea with this kinda grp then ur wrong. U can do it easily enough with crappy grps but u try it against expericed grps like jh etc and ur in for a compete shock.
if their all messed best thing 2 do is just nuke em 1 by 1, they drop fast enough.
imo ild rather not have a paladin in grp, woouldnt want to sacrifice a caster, if i got aggro i just run to our ice wizzies-they know what 2 do ;)

imo ild prefer a therg over a cabby espeically with the upgrade to earth pets coming soon.

ive seen alb groups with 1 ice mizz stand on a hib group to pbaoe once ;d

quite a lot of fun

F

fed007

who needs a fg!?!?!

Me and Pitspawn just leeched 13.5k rps in 45mins from teh alb zerg...

50% firedebuffs for teh win

Ps. He nukes 700 each nuke, and me without debuufs 3-4-500 depeneds on resists etc, once they r debuffed, can nuke 680 ( + crit )

Spammm

L

lac_desariel

I run Ice too

Cleric
Cleric
Pally
Ice
Ice
Sorc
Mincer
Ice or Theurg

this works well for me imo

H

hercules-df

VP Ice Wiz,
VP Ice Wiz,
VP Ice Wiz,
VP Ice Wiz,
VP Ice Wiz,
VP Ice Wiz,
VP Ice Wiz,
Mincer

insta death grp of DOOOOOOM! (every 15 mins)

E

Exinferis

me and grymulf in group last night, he caps at 704 almost each nuke

would say that is quite nasty if all casters assist =)

E

Exinferis

fyi, i was spirit before you ^^
(but respecced back to matter, and now back to spirit :p)

O

old.Sepiritz

tbh, if youre gonna nuke, use spirit cabbie and a couple of body sorcerers, way more damage then wizards can dish out without counting pbaoe which is risky at best.. Wizard is probably the crappiest single dd'er of albions mage classes.

Though if youre gonna go with wizards, go with loads of wizards and make a VP group. Splatterfest. :)

Also, if youre gonna debuff and want maximum efficiency, dont mix dmg types (theurg, sorc, spirit cabbie.. wtf?), debuffing several dmg types only slows you down..

H

hotrat

Well as alb does not have GP you cannot expect to all cluster together in a pbae box without avoiding mezz.

Imo the most successful alb caster group would be:

1 mins
2 clerics
2 spirit cabalists half spec body for disease
1 mind sorc
1 body sorc
1 pala

The key is assisting one of the spirit cabalists and killing enemy damage dealers as fast as possible while using your 4 pets to interupt the enemy support.
The 2nd important factor is to spread around so you cant all get hit by ae mezz, you have 3 demezzers in the group in case some people do get mezzed.
The idea is if your selected by the enemy MA you kite the tanks while the rest of your group kill em. This is of course helped through disease from the caba and mezz/root from the sorcies. If things start to go wrong the minstrel has SoS which works for this group far better than a pbae group and both clerics of course have BoF and casters can moc + lifetap.
The pala can also guard the one running away and supply him with endurance, the minstrel focus's fully on interupting the enemy support.

I have tried a group very similar to this and beaten JH (3 sorc, 1 caba instead of 2 of each), we relied a lot on the caster being hit to moc and lifetap and I think we used bof but didnt need SoS.

It was an extreemly fun group and next patch will do even more damage (although the debuff will be shorter).

You could swap out the body sorc for a air theurg but like Vile said debuffing 2 damage types can just slow you down.

This group should also rip the pants off an enemy pbae group due to 4 classes having ae interupts and 4 pets to interupt anything outside the pbae box. Also after a str/con debuff a 550 dmg lifetap (1.65) will kill any caster in 2 nukes.

M

Merl

Originally posted by old.Sepiritz
tbh, if youre gonna nuke, use spirit cabbie and a couple of body sorcerers, way more damage then wizards can dish out without counting pbaoe which is risky at best.. Wizard is probably the crappiest single dd'er of albions mage classes.

Though if youre gonna go with wizards, go with loads of wizards and make a VP group. Splatterfest. :)

Also, if youre gonna debuff and want maximum efficiency, dont mix dmg types (theurg, sorc, spirit cabbie.. wtf?), debuffing several dmg types only slows you down..

Yes i can see your point but at the same time if u have to many ppl assisting its a waste of time, like i pointed out earlier with 2 theurgs nuking a tank for about 600dmg at capped speed they die stupidly fast anyway why have more ppl assisting than u need when 2 can do the job just as well, also dont forget u will still have the ice wiz nuking the target aswell (the dmg may not be great but still its about 300 ). Also its alot easier to find air specced theurgs than body specced sorcs :)

just my opinion of course :)

W

-Wedge-

The problem I see with single target assist teams is that when it goes wrong (group purge / too many det.5 tanks) your as dead as a doornail... While PBAoE saves your butt then...

Also, facing larger numbers (more then 1fg at a time), single target teams (imho) often fail as mez doesnt last long enough...

Problem with all albion caster teams is that they have to rely on ae-mez to stick a whole lot... If they lose the initial ae-mez, a lot often goes wrong... With pbaoe you still have a chance of winning then, imho more so then without pbaoe...

And for the record:
Everyone that thinks they can 'own' by running in and PBAoE is an utter and complete n00b...

PBAoE (imho) should be used as defensive tool unless facing supperior numbers... Against large numbers its actually easier to run in and pbaoe as they often think that by all attacking you (melee ;)) they can win, which is where they get owned by pbaoe :D

However, in fg vs fg fights, the result is 1 group instant from a healer/druid, everyone is scattering and you have everything run around free... You get ae-interrupted (root/mez/disease/whatever) and picked off 1 by 1...

This is how we so often kill n00b-hib pbaoe teams... If you look @ the DH video, you'll see that they use PBAoE defensively and not offensively, unless facing supperior numbers... Sometimes aganist rr4 or lower groups, pbaoe can be used offensively and is fun as they often miss the needed 'skills' and resists to counteract the pbaoe.... but I'd still advice against it...

Definitly albs have a major problem, which is called resists... Both mid and hibs almost all have 16% ice resist buffs, and several (most mids actually) even have 24% ice resist... This screws up PBAoE shitloads...

Users who are viewing this thread