Balanced Alb Group

J

Jiggs

but yeah, no determination and light armour does suck atm :p

F

Flimgoblin

one of HG's patented RvR groups (as seen in sauvage a few months back)

Earth theurg
Earth theurg
Air theurg
Air theurg
Air theurg
Mercenary
Armswoman

(yeah only 7 of us)

uber! :)

we got nuked to death needless to say :(

I'd not recommend that one ;)

G

Garaen

Taking x2 Cleric, a Mini, a paladin and a Sorc as a must for any organised group.

Merc
Merc
Merc

A very uber group.

Merc
Reaver
Friar

I would imagen it take's more skill to be succesful, but alot of people underestimate Reaver's (which pisses me off hugely). Friar for base buff's and an extra resser. The resist's will come in use also (they are reworking debuff's so i think they won't do a huge amount, but that's just a guess) Merc for damage and det.\

I would personally go for x3 Merc's with the current state of the game, but i think both are viable.

F

Flimgoblin

Hrm given all these uber groups that people are making... all the RvR guilds will focus on them leaving standing at the atk:

theurgist, necromancer, cabalist, infiltrator, scout, armsman, wizard

(ok so the infil will be soloing)

So the group I'll be making will be:

body cabalist (healzors)
necromancer (what? you want a spec? You mean there's some non-deathsight necros out there?)
earth theurg (pbt)
air theurg (speed!)
scout*2 (probably have bows)
armsman (shield? polearm? don't care)
wizard (cow specced)

fear us!

A

Annouk

plz say u know air theurgs can do more than run speed...

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Sorc: 44 mind 30 body
Cleric: 41 rej 35 enh
Cleric: 40 enh 36 rej
Mins: 50 ins 39 thrust
Friar: 48 enh 39 staff 18 rej 13 parry
Pally: 46 chants 39 thrust 42 shield 20 parry
Merc: 50 thrust 50 dual-wield
Arms: 50 2-handed 50 thrust
I agree with most of this. However;

Pally: 46 chants 39 SLASH 42 shield 20 parry

Thrust styles just do not in any way suit a Paladin's style of play, imo. I'd also recommend auto-training slash to 48 for 48 Chants 39 Slash 42 Shield 19 Parry.

Merc: 50 SLASH 50 dual-wield
Arms: 50 POLE 50 thrust OR Merc: 50 thrust 50 dual-wield

A good balanced group, in order to compete against whatever the enemy has to throw at it, should contain a mixture of melee damage output types. That way, when you have your 2 main tanks and your friar using /assist, you'll always have at least one person maximising their damage potential against your target.

And as for suggesting Pole over 2h... well, I have an S&S Paladin and therefore an irrational hatred of 2h as a spec which shoudn't be touched with a barge-pole! ;)

Q

QuickS

Friars arnt what they once were thats for sure.

My damage has been going down steadily for a while, mainly due to SC.

Against hib scale its hardly worth hitting them.

Its better against mids tho; neutral to everyone. When we had the melee relics I was mostly hitting healers for 400 - 500 damage (no crits)

I have screenies of hititng ppl for 900+ so I would hardly call that crap damage.

I'd say there is the last spot in a group that can be filled with either a merc/arms/reaver/friar

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Annouk
plz say u know air theurgs can do more than run speed...

in the same way that a body cabalist can do more than heal etc. yes I know ;)

I'd say in the same way that earth theurgs can do more than pbt... but I'd be lying.

R

Rollie_David

cleric
cleric
pala
sorc
minstrel
merc
merc
merc

probably best alb setup

noticed no pala doh

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by Tyka
Ok, me and some guild mates from Hib/Excal have thought about moving to Albion on Excalibur.

Going to ask you guys what you think are the most successful classes you need to make the perfect group for RVR/PVE in Albion.

What i thought of could maybe be successful in RvR but not that great in PVE, here it is, let me know what you think of it.

Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Paladin
Minstrel
Sorcerer
Cleric
Cleric

Since next patch Ice wizzies will get their pbaoe speed decreased to 2.5 sec (3.0 now) i think they will make a deadly combo together with 2 clerics having BOF up and MOC ready, let me know what you think, also think about PvE as well.
tank group are the best imo ... chanter pbae >>>> ice wizy one and i dont know why they seem to do same damage on paper

A

Athis

Re: Re: Balanced Alb Group

Originally posted by infernalwrath
tank group are the best imo ... chanter pbae >>>> ice wizy one and i dont know why they seem to do same damage on paper

Actually, the ice wiz one does more damage on paper :p

S

skile

If u have good protection you will last long vs a midgrp.

My setup:
2 clerics
2 50 shield-spec arms (saracen is best for this) as guards for the clerics and sorc (always guard 1 cleric so he can heal the other one)
1 offensive paladin (2h)
1 sorc
1 minstrel
1 mercenary/2h-arms/pole-arms (can be exchanged with scout/reaver/friar/)

Be sure to have an group-minstrel. 50 instruments, 43 slash... no stealthgimp.

It's a good thing to guard the sorc tbh, then he can cast aemezz or ae-amnesia to interupt hib pbaoe and supportclasses, such as healers, shaman, bards, wardens, druids etc.

The problem with this group may be pbaoe hib-grps. You need a good sorc for this, might be an idea to switch the merc/armsman with scout (PA3), he will drop those enchanters in seconds, from range, due to the normal hib-tactic, which is to place supportclasses in pbaoe circle.

B

bult

Originally posted by skile
If u have good protection you will last long vs a midgrp.

My setup:
2 clerics
2 50 shield-spec arms (saracen is best for this) as guards for the clerics and sorc (always guard 1 cleric so he can heal the other one)
1 offensive paladin (2h)
1 sorc
1 minstrel
1 mercenary/2h-arms/pole-arms (can be exchanged with scout/reaver/friar/)

Be sure to have an group-minstrel. 50 instruments, 43 slash... no stealthgimp.

It's a good thing to guard the sorc tbh, then he can cast aemezz or ae-amnesia to interupt hib pbaoe and supportclasses, such as healers, shaman, bards, wardens, druids etc.

The problem with this group may be pbaoe hib-grps. You need a good sorc for this, might be an idea to switch the merc/armsman with scout (PA3), he will drop those enchanters in seconds, from range, due to the normal hib-tactic, which is to place supportclasses in pbaoe circle.

Last long? i want to win not last long.

If you play defensive in an alb group you have already lost. If you spend time attacking the tanks that attack your clerics you are at a great disadvantage because thier tanks will get heals you wont = you will die. If instead all your tanks assist on thier healers its possible to kill them VERY fast (must kill them very fast) and if you kill thier support the tanks are as good as dead. Your support should just do thier best to stay away from the enemy tanks long enough for your tanks to kill the enemy support.

R

.Raewyn

Originally posted by cougar-
the hybrids with poor healing and poor offensive i.e wardens and friar just doesent make inside the emain 3lit3 groups. poor healing and resistbuffs isnt as good as the dmg deal that extra merc or reaver/extra chanter give.

Wouldnt compare warden and friar in any other than healing and buffing way. Friar offense if by far harder than warden and friar dmg > reaver dmg.

F

-frostor-

my exp group atm(only exp)
ice wiz
ice wiz
ice wiz
paladin
paladin
sorcerer
theurgist
cleric

working great
doing AC entrance mobs at lvl 35

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
Tried it (with 2 ice n 1 fire wizz) and your are dead as soon as you meet a tank gank squad (very common these days, specially in Midgard). Sure you will ding 50th in no time but not very popular in the current state of Dark Age of Tankalot
You can't rely the success of a fg on a 30min timer RA.

I rather prefer:

Sorcerer
Cleric (reju/enhc)
Cleric (enhc/reju)
Paladin
Minstrel
2 determination tanks
Friar or a 3rd tank

Best set up imo

S

StormriderX

What nova posted.

Caster groups are mere rp fodder for decent tank squads in Dark Age of Tankalot.

T

Tyka

Next patch you wont be able to get debuffed for more than 50% no matter, the debuffs today are bugged at 75% and i guess the friar buffs wont be that bad then.

Has anyone tried a reaver in a group taht debuffs AF ?

B

bob007

We did 1 a PB exp group in KoP.

ice wiz
ice wiz
ice wiz
paladin
paladin
merc
minstrel
cleric

50 in around 6 days played. Some few hours less.

Not much good for rvr tho. But taking down 6 - 10 high red - purple mobs a pull is nice :)

A

Asha

Originally posted by Tyka
Ok, me and some guild mates from Hib/Excal have thought about moving to Albion on Excalibur.

Going to ask you guys what you think are the most successful classes you need to make the perfect group for RVR/PVE in Albion.

What i thought of could maybe be successful in RvR but not that great in PVE, here it is, let me know what you think of it.

Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard
Paladin
Minstrel
Sorcerer
Cleric
Cleric

Since next patch Ice wizzies will get their pbaoe speed decreased to 2.5 sec (3.0 now) i think they will make a deadly combo together with 2 clerics having BOF up and MOC ready, let me know what you think, also think about PvE as well.

That looks good for pve, but like most ppl said it wouldn't work in rvr.

I think cleric cleric minst pala is ofc required. You just can't get away with 1 cleric and ofc need speed and end. Assuming you have one bot, both clerics should be 41 35 3... or one could be higher enhan, but I personally prefer bot and 2 rejuv.

The problem with BOF and MoC is that you also need purge MCL (or MCL2 or even better RP) - and passives like serenity. Well... that costs alot. At rr5.7 I have MoC Purge Bof, Aug Aquity 3 and MCL. I know that isn't that high a rr, but until you get there it's hard going. Esp if your dmg dealers are wizzies also w/o MoC :)

The other 4 places I would say depends on how leet you wanna be. Against normal mids/hibs you can get away with a mix of tank, up to one friar, up to two arms, or any amount of mercs. You'll not beat NP or the best 2/3 Hib groups tho. I think you need mercs for that - and good players :) . I haven't played with reavers much, but I dont' think they fit b/c of the ra issues.

Caster - well I still say Elyand (theurg) better than 95% of sorc on Excal/Alb. Jiggs stole my line - you can't resist pets. Yes their mezz isn't as good, but they can cause chaos in enemy group if the Theurg plays well. Theurg is good in cases where you get the other group off guard. But, when you run into 2fg or more, then you're glad to have the Sorc. I don't mind to play with either our guild Theurgists or our Sorcerers cause they are all good players, but I do prefer only one caster in a group.

One last thing. You can also try 3 clerics instead of either the caster or a tank, but then I think you need mercs and they need to work very hard. You get 4x group heals, 3x single instas, 3x BoF, 3x MoC - which means alot of rezzes. It sounds stupid, but you're on 0 power and die, get rezzed and have half power and full health. No the group doesn't do alot of dmg, but eventually the Hibs run out of power and die ^^

Sounds silly, but if you have good players, it works :)

ps... yes rvr groups will be a pain to lvl :) esp for ex-hibbies

C

cougar-

2 mercs 1 reaver for killing, just chose a good player as MA.

A

Annouk

Originally posted by Asha
Caster - well I still say Elyand (theurg) better than 95% of sorc on Excal/Alb. Jiggs stole my line - you can't resist pets. Yes their mezz isn't as good, but they can cause chaos in enemy group if the Theurg plays well. Theurg is good in cases where you get the other group off guard.

i wub u Asha :clap: :wub:

ok so far thats only 2 ppl will take a theurg... any more takers?..

S

samildanachh

swap 1 of the mercs/arms for a reaver, levi outdamages any merc and their debuff chants and insta's help increase the dmg while also disrupting enemy casters.
also gr8 fun to play :D

S

skile

Originally posted by bult
Last long? i want to win not last long.

If you play defensive in an alb group you have already lost. If you spend time attacking the tanks that attack your clerics you are at a great disadvantage because thier tanks will get heals you wont = you will die. If instead all your tanks assist on thier healers its possible to kill them VERY fast (must kill them very fast) and if you kill thier support the tanks are as good as dead. Your support should just do thier best to stay away from the enemy tanks long enough for your tanks to kill the enemy support.

Let me rephrase, win. You are missing a few points. First the mid-tank grps attack 1 at the time. For example.

U have cleric1 with a armsman as guard, this armsman will block around 80% of the attacks, most likely more. The slow minded zerkers/savages will probably not take that much of a notice and gank this cleric in eternity while our sorc interupts their support with amnesia/aemezz and the other cleric heals the ganked cleric.

While the minstrel and the 2 damagedealers picks out the mid supportclasses.

Note that we have BoF and SoS to help with this defence tactics as well.

A tactic against this would be to split up all the midtanks and send 2 on each cleric and 1 on the sorc. Might work. Will probably result in a close fight.

B

bracken_woodman

2 Clerics, 1 minstrel, 1 sorc and a s/s paladin. That's your core. Then you need your 3 damage dealers, and you know what? It really matters far less which class they are than that they are played well. I would rather have 3 fire wizzies who really work together than 3 mercs who don't. I've seen groups with the so-called "perfect" set up and they've been given a roasting because they were played badly. Likewise I've seen so-called gimped groups do really well through making the most of what they have. Aslong as you have that core right you won't go far wrong.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Jiggs
but yeah, no determination and light armour does suck atm :p

Light armour? Since when is leather with absorb buff and both AF-buffs 'light armour' ?

I got the same AF as chain, same absorb only different vulnerable/resistant-table.

Users who are viewing this thread