Armored Warfare

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Any one else playing this?

Kinda World of Tanks but with modern vehicles. Plays differently enough to not be a complete ripoff.

Most notable differences: there is a PvE mode that is quite fun and just as rewarding as pvp is. Because you know, why shouldn't it be?

They have no artillery in pvp anymore because apparently even though arty in this game only deal as much damage as main battle tanks and had a counter battery system designed for 2 year olds (enemy arty players got map pings when you fired, and if you didn't move between shots they would eventually literally see you after a while) people still bitched about it, so now artillery can only be played in pve.

There is also a pvpve game mode (need tier 5+ vehicles to queue but tier 8+ to realistically get a game at the moment) which is REALLY REALLY FUN.

What else, oh right, ATGM missiles, that's a thing. As is ERA armor. Sidescraping is generally not advised because most guns have such high penetration.. Low tier it's possible but i'd still advice against it because it'll turn into a bad habit.

Camouflage is there but there's a diminishing return on the effectiveness when you fire. So you may be able to stay hidden for 3 - 4 shots before you'll be spotted no matter how many layers of bushes there are between you.

Tanks with derp guns? Yep there's a few of those, but not many since the tanks in this game don't have any choice of guns. Just straight upgrades. And since the armor works differently in this game, especially at tier 5+ where the only 2 152mm "derp tanks" are (Sheridan and M60A2 Starship) it's a lot harder to get those massive damage numbers.

Autocannons? Yep all the way to tier 9.. And the name of the tier 9 tank that use autocannons? The Terminator 2.... Ok fine it's a modified T-72 and the autocannon isn't really that great so you'll end up using the ATGM system most of the time but come on, that name!!

All in all i like this game better then WoT because it's faster paced, have more vehicle types and a lot fewer corridor maps. So you rarely see games where say MBT's all go one direction while other types go somewhere else.. Even more so now that artillery is pve exclusive.

And if you have a bad streak in pvp there's always the pve that can wind you down.. And you won't be penalized for it by getting reduced credits and XP just because it's pve...

However that said, the publisher absolutely REFUSE to advertise the game before it's close to release, so right now the population is suffering. It is better now then a week ago since there was just a massive overhaul patch so people are returning to check that out but it's still nowhere near what i'd call populated...

Which is partly why i'm writing about it here. So go play it! :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nice! Let me know what you think and feel free to ask questions. I'm by no means an expert on the game but i have a decent grasp about most things.

/edit: just realized, maybe stay away from too advanced questions about the armor. Part of the overhaul was about armor and penetration so i probably can't give very accurate answers there yet.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I tried this a while ago but couldn't really get into it. I do play WOT and while I certainly did enjoy bombing about in more modern tanks I constantly felt like there was no difference to what I did in shooting, ammo choice or positioning shots/tanks. This was pure PVE though, and quite some time ago.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Fun and only played PvE to get some credit for better tanks. Up to Tier 4 Chieftan now saving for the next Tier.

The PvE is a bit easy with a decent team, can imaging set groups on comms breezing through the content. Like TdC I find that in PvE it does not matter what tanks you have, you basically get 10 hits to play with before your destroyed. Some Light Tanks do as much damage as the Mediums which makes no sense to me. Biggest issue is that in pugs no one seems to know their role. They just charge around trying to get as many kills as possible. I take it PvP is totally different?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
What tanks you have in pve matters more tier 5 onwards when hard is unlocked. Just played a game in my sheridan on Starry sky where we had no MBT and failed hard on the second obective.

If you plan to pve regularly hard is really the only difficulty worth it..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sorry about double port, The same obviously goes for ammo choices. At around tier 5 - 6 more tanks go from pure steel plating and start using modern materials and ERA armor. Chieftain mk 10 for example gets the stillbrew package wich more or less defeats heat rounds completely (once per plate)..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah there's that, but there's so much BS going around from all kinds of "enlightened" sources it's impossible to get a clear picture. So i'm mostly ignoring it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The game is OK but I'm getting sporadic huge server lag, the ping still shows good 110-130 mS (av for Dubai-EU) but shots I take take 3-4 secs to register and controls get stuck in one direction, have to keep tapping opposite direction to get control back. Quite frustrating and would be a massive problem in PvP.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hmm that's odd, never noticed that myself.. :/

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Very much seems like a 'Murica fuck yeah! situation. I've seen it many times, especially among the A3 modding community.

I mean, calling it a cheap chinese rip off is ridiculous - Look at Battlefield, CoD, Modern Warfare etc, they're all the same shit by 'respectable' companies.

It just seems like a bit of an anti-Russian rant in my view.

At the end of the day, it's always been the same shit, publishers sit there with their charts and graphs and say look, there's a target audience, hit it, and please them.

In this case it was Russians, not EU/NA players.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Playing the game and levelling through two dealers, sorted out the lag issues by using a VPN into EU. Games playing much better now. I have to say its a little less skill based than WOT but I like it. The PvE missions on Hard can be challenging if the MM is unkind and you get 4 lights :) but overall, good game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It just seems like a bit of an anti-Russian rant in my view.

A lot of it is, but after playing the new patch more i can definitely say that between 0.18 and 0.19 there's absolutely a stronger WoT feel to this game now.

The next patch is gonna be interesting..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom