CoD Modern Warfare 2

leviathane

Part of the furniture
cod4 mp i still find much more fun, less camping homo's with their heart sensors and thermal sights, or dicks with dual shotguns running round.
Always good fun to go play cod4 every so often and wtf own with the mp5.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
just finished it on my xbox must say im very very impressed. the single player was fantastic it was more like takin part in a movie than anything else, will def play through it again on a harder setting. not tried the spec ops missions yet.

right the multiplayer its not bad had mebbe couple of dozen games not noticed any major problems couple of times had ppl quit while they been the server and its hung for mebbe 5 secs tops all in all its quite fun its hard to get back into a fps on a console after not havin one for over 10 year.

imo the price is worth it on the consoles really is one of the best games to ever come out.

my stance on the pc version stands tho i will not buy due to the multiplayer shortcomings im not paying 40 quid for a single player game.

infact only got MW2 on xbox cos was a deal when i bought my xbox effectively got it for a tenner

really is a shame they botched this on the pc as id love to play it with a mouse and KB

if youve got a console you really need to get this game its fantastic
if your hopin for something special on the pc well the single player will meet and exceed most peoples expectations. but the multiplayer will let it down and therefore is not worth the price tag attached to the pc version.[/QUOTE]

How the hell is the multiplayer any different on the pc version compared to the Xbox version, apart from the obvious shit gfx and controls of the console.... And yes i have the game for both PC & Xbox(begin rageing after 5min).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I've played this non-stop, it was reasonably enjoyable but it's just so .... spray tastic. The gameplay is hideously linear and very repetitive.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been enjoying some MP on the PC, but I must say that we are now seeing the noobs going round spamming the nade launcher and using the thermal/ infra red guns and camping a bit.... I get a bit ragey in game sometimes and say things like 'lovely nade n00b' .... damn I'm controversial! ;)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
There were some good set-pieces in the single player but my beef was the storyline. It was just so retarded. Made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Nuclear weapons, terrorists, Russkis and Yanks both acting like five year olds.

Whoever wrote that utter drivel should be made to catch a flight from -that- airport.

old.user4556

Am I the only person that finds this horrificly shite multiplayer? Maybe I'm biased in favour of PC multiplayer, but the joypad is fucking HOPELESS for anything, it's just so utterly retarded in comparison to a keyboard / mouse combination.

What a disappointment.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Am I the only person that finds this horrificly shite multiplayer? Maybe I'm biased in favour of PC multiplayer, but the joypad is fucking HOPELESS for anything, it's just so utterly retarded in comparison to a keyboard / mouse combination.

What a disappointment.

I think you're just poop at it tbh G ;p

The console versions have aim assistance to help compensate for the loss of speed an accuracy a mouse gives you. It works perfectly well, I've no problem aiming.

old.user4556

Oh you mean the "snap to target like an aimbot because console FPS games are truly suck" assitance? That's enabled in MP!?

I've not been using it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, I mean the aim assistance that can't be turned on or off that exists in nearly all console MP FPS games to compensate.

But anyway, you clearly just suck. Give it more time, there is nothing wrong with joypads for FPS games, Goldeneye proved this long long ago.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
But anyway, you clearly just suck. Give it more time, there is nothing wrong with joypads for FPS games, Goldeneye proved this long long ago.

Allow me to offer an opinion that goes somewhat against the grain... Goldeneye's controls were shit!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
God sent me. He says to pass on the following message to nath:

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Thanks

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In that case, science has proved you are wrong, it has also proved that your opinion cannot exist. Logic has defeated you. Now shut the fuck up :)

old.user4556

Chet, I'm doing perfectly well in game, it's got nothing to do with me being bad at it, it's to do with CoD and any other FPS game I've played on the the console platform being complete and utter toss compared to the PC experience.

At least everyone is lumbered with retarded "HANG ON WHILST I ROTATE LEFT AND RIGHT AT A SNAILS PACE" or "BETTER LOOK UP AND TAKE A POT SHOT, OH NOES IT TOOK SO LONG SOMEONE KILLED YOU".

nath

Fledgling Freddie
In that case, science has proved you are wrong, it has also proved that your opinion cannot exist. Logic has defeated you. Now shut the fuck up :)
Submit your findings to a peer-reviewed journal and I'll look them over before conceding. Short of that - fuck off, Goldeneye's controls were laaaaame. :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
Submit your findings to a peer-reviewed journal and I'll look them over before conceding. Short of that - fuck off, Goldeneye's controls were laaaaame. :D

Sir Lethul agrees.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Not sure about ps3 or pc mp atm but has anyone noticed any strange goings on on the xbox mp.
I've been having a few off days recently, getting frustrated when I couldn't break double figures but just put it down to out of practise, but then I started noticing weird things, like people charging halfway across the room and through say a wooden counter to knife you, grenades and mines that don't seem to harm anyone, that sort of thing. Naturally that can be put down to lag or perks I never use.
But then something strange the other day, a guy hovering in the air taking shots at me with a sniper rifle, he literally looked like he was wearing a jet pack. Thats no perk I've heard of. Have the cheats finally arrived on the console version?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If it's exploits, then we simply have to wait for a patch. Just stay off for a week or so and let them fix it rather than playing frustrated.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Chet, I'm doing perfectly well in game, it's got nothing to do with me being bad at it, it's to do with CoD and any other FPS game I've played on the the console platform being complete and utter toss compared to the PC experience.

At least everyone is lumbered with retarded "HANG ON WHILST I ROTATE LEFT AND RIGHT AT A SNAILS PACE" or "BETTER LOOK UP AND TAKE A POT SHOT, OH NOES IT TOOK SO LONG SOMEONE KILLED YOU".

Spot on, the graphics are also very dated now on what is a 5 year old console. :ninja:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
If it's exploits, then we simply have to wait for a patch. Just stay off for a week or so and let them fix it rather than playing frustrated.

The patch came and went, still exploits going on though, I think its the care package exploit again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
OK - I've been playing the PC version multiplayer for a few days now. The SP was naff to be honest and lasted about 5 minutes. Much shitter and shoutier than CoD4/5.

Anyway, I can play games of FFA and Demolition but I'm guessing there's no way to manage what map you play on or any custom rules. Personally on CoD4 I liked quite a bit of in your face FFA with no outside campy areas and no ****ing foliage. Was quite happy for a blast on Killhouse only servers or at least ones with map rotations I liked. Is there NOTHING you can do in MW2 about this ?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
OK - I've been playing the PC version multiplayer for a few days now. The SP was naff to be honest and lasted about 5 minutes. Much shitter and shoutier than CoD4/5.

Anyway, I can play games of FFA and Demolition but I'm guessing there's no way to manage what map you play on or any custom rules. Personally on CoD4 I liked quite a bit of in your face FFA with no outside campy areas and no ****ing foliage. Was quite happy for a blast on Killhouse only servers or at least ones with map rotations I liked. Is there NOTHING you can do in MW2 about this ?

Yes, press eject, take disk, throw in bin, buy BF:BC2, enjoy.

MW2 multiplayer on PC is an utterly overrated pile of donkey excrement, and I expect Black Ops to be the same.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I should also mention that I detest Battlefield :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I should also mention that I detest Battlefield :)

Looking at the type of game you prefer on MW2, I can see that. I think what you really need to do is log on to Quake Live instead.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It feels surprisingly crisp and responsive to play but I suspect this is due to clever client side code covering up lag. Replays of your enemy killing you look surprisingly different to how you remember them from your PoV.

It's still fun but I suspect there's no longevity due to lack of customisation of the game type and rules.

Think I'll pick up BLOPS on a supermarket offer. I'll continue levelling MW2 for now though in case some friends ever want a quick game and I end up playing with a vanilla M4 against some uber heartbeat sensor max perked beast :/

leviathane

Part of the furniture
i dont mind playing mw2 online tbh, just gotta find a server w/o cheating fcks on it. Always satisfying when you get accused of cheating after raping everyone.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
i dont mind playing mw2 online tbh, just gotta find a server w/o cheating fcks on it. Always satisfying when you get accused of cheating after raping everyone.

I used to get that back in my glory days but that's NEVER happened to me on any CoD game :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom