CoD Modern Warfare 2

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I demand to be allowed to pay more money for services that weren't included with the game launch!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
oh jesus wept

did anyone NOT see this coming btw ?

-remove content from launch
-charge people for it later
-????
-profit

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think everyone knew that they would try and pull something like this, its why there are no mod tools on the PC version. That coupled with the fact that they are now part of the whole Blizzard "milk the gullible with micro payments" business model.

DLC is fine if it adds to the game, taking something away just to charge extra for it later on shows a kind of desperate greed that can only come from Blizzard/Activision.

Adari

Part of the furniture
the cod4 engine makes me feel nauseous. are they using the same one in modwarfare 2?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think so, though its a bit smoother so whether its a modified version I don't know. Its certainly much better looking than CoD4. Ramp the AA up and it looks awesome.

Mophead

Loyal Freddie
@embattle: woops, apologies, dunno how, but I didnt notice you'd already osted that review, thought I'd read through the thread ><

throdgrain

FH is my second home
the cod4 engine makes me feel nauseous. are they using the same one in modwarfare 2?

It made me feel like that too. I found though after playing it for a while that went away.

The new engine is the same - I weakened and bought the bloody game after all my mates bought it and made me jealous :( I am enjoying it though, hate to admit it!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
most cases of nausea or car sickness from gaming are due to monitor refresh rate, or "head bob" :)

Adari

Part of the furniture
Yeah ive heard that before Mabs, i get motion sickness when travelling by bus or on the back seat of a car very quickly. I only have problems with the quake engine when gaming though

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone know why the fuck this game has so much HDD activity?

After a while it seems to go into non-stop HDD activity which causes long periods of freezing.

I rebooted the computer and didnt even load steam up, yet the pile of wank game has decided it wants to try and blow my HDDs up (even though its not running).

Its bad enough trying to play the game with all the Low Self Esteem spotty 15 year olds cheating without this as well.

Attachments

• mw2.jpg
    mw2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 22

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Does anyone know why the fuck this game has so much HDD activity?

After a while it seems to go into non-stop HDD activity which causes long periods of freezing.

I rebooted the computer and didnt even load steam up, yet the pile of wank game has decided it wants to try and blow my HDDs up (even though its not running).

Its bad enough trying to play the game with all the Low Self Esteem spotty 15 year olds cheating without this as well.

I noticed a couple of slow downs (particularly during the night/EMP level in DC) but no particular heavy HDD activity otherwise.

I've got to say, having finally gotten around to playing (and finishing it in one go) it this weekend, I'm not very impressed. It looks nice, but its ridiculously short, not that difficult on Veteran, and not particularly engaging from a plot POV. The "console" bits (like the ice climbing and the bit at the end) are quite jarring as well. And "No Russian" was shit; it says it all that you can play the game without that level and it makes no material difference to the game at all.

And five minutes on PC mutiplayer was all it took to go "meh" and move on.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
just finished it on my xbox must say im very very impressed. the single player was fantastic it was more like takin part in a movie than anything else, will def play through it again on a harder setting. not tried the spec ops missions yet.

right the multiplayer its not bad had mebbe couple of dozen games not noticed any major problems couple of times had ppl quit while they been the server and its hung for mebbe 5 secs tops all in all its quite fun its hard to get back into a fps on a console after not havin one for over 10 year.

imo the price is worth it on the consoles really is one of the best games to ever come out.

my stance on the pc version stands tho i will not buy due to the multiplayer shortcomings im not paying 40 quid for a single player game.

infact only got MW2 on xbox cos was a deal when i bought my xbox effectively got it for a tenner

really is a shame they botched this on the pc as id love to play it with a mouse and KB

if youve got a console you really need to get this game its fantastic
if your hopin for something special on the pc well the single player will meet and exceed most peoples expectations. but the multiplayer will let it down and therefore is not worth the price tag attached to the pc version.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not fussed about the multiplayer. Its horse shit on all formats.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
To say it's botched on the pc is a bit of an exageration.

We've been playing it for about a week now, and dspite there being no dedi servers, its still a lot of fun. When you join as a party, you and your mates, you all go on the same server, on the same side, and mostly we batter whoever we are playing.

It's a lot of fun.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
no i really dont think it is, everything that makes the pc stand apart from consoles was ignored. im not sayin its not fun on pc multiplayer im sayin it has serious issues.

clans are now forced into 9v9 like it or not.
no way to police servers.
no chance of mods (and lets face it this is what pc multiplayer thrives on for longevity) CS:S (like it or not) should be all i need to mention to silence any critics about mods.
no way to customise a server or create a map list you have to play through them all like it or not.
no way to ban cheats.

but this is by and far my biggest gripe, absolutely no community.
i love cod 4 mw on my pc, and its not cos its a great game, the nade spam bugs the hell out of me, silly twats with nade launchers goin after cheap kills winds me up. but at least i can pick a few select servers where i know the twats are at a minimum, i can chill have a joke with almost random strangers people i only know and talk to in that game.

first online experience of cod 4 mw2 on xbox "oh no we got the level 1 on our side oi noob go away" yes your always goin to get dicks on a console theres no way round that, least on a pc runnin dedi servers there usually is /rant off

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Heh I agree with ALL your gripes! I'm saying it's not botched because it still works, and I really don't think IW care about the longivity of the game. :)

If it does last, no doubt they will be selling upgrades. ALl this said, we have had good fun with it, so... what can I say??

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
thats what counts at the end of the day m8 long as its fun its money well spent.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
first online experience of cod 4 mw2 on xbox "oh no we got the level 1 on our side oi noob go away" yes your always goin to get dicks on a console theres no way round that, least on a pc runnin dedi servers there usually is /rant off

In all my time playing COD MW, WaW ( tho i sacked that off and went back to MW) and MW2 i have never ever heard anyone say oi noob go away. You must have been really unlucky there

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
possibly sparx id only had xbox couple of days as well (so obviously i sucked) so its not fair to slag off an entire community based on a handful of games. played mebbe 50 odd games so far and since that first session its been alot of fun.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
possibly sparx id only had xbox couple of days as well (so obviously i sucked) so its not fair to slag off an entire community based on a handful of games. played mebbe 50 odd games so far and since that first session its been alot of fun.

The community is great, though there are still a few rude kids who will call you a fag the second you log in. If you are unlucky to be playing in a random room when the american kids come home from school you will want to pull your hair out

I do find the Brits more fun to play with, everyone is more laid back, the yanks all use Noob tubes, shields and javelins all the time which gets boring. The Brits actually try play with guns

Dont get me started on the French. Those guys are animals definately the hardest people ive played against

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok, so now I need to know some stuff - what the heck can you hear when playing terrorist in MP?

Brian Wilson!!

Tactical Header!!

Tango Sucker!!

Hehehee :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I swear you can hear "broccoli beef!" in there too

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
just finished it on my xbox must say im very very impressed. the single player was fantastic it was more like takin part in a movie than anything else, will def play through it again on a harder setting. not tried the spec ops missions yet.

right the multiplayer its not bad had mebbe couple of dozen games not noticed any major problems couple of times had ppl quit while they been the server and its hung for mebbe 5 secs tops all in all its quite fun its hard to get back into a fps on a console after not havin one for over 10 year.

imo the price is worth it on the consoles really is one of the best games to ever come out.

my stance on the pc version stands tho i will not buy due to the multiplayer shortcomings im not paying 40 quid for a single player game.

infact only got MW2 on xbox cos was a deal when i bought my xbox effectively got it for a tenner

really is a shame they botched this on the pc as id love to play it with a mouse and KB

if youve got a console you really need to get this game its fantastic
if your hopin for something special on the pc well the single player will meet and exceed most peoples expectations. but the multiplayer will let it down and therefore is not worth the price tag attached to the pc version.

This

Bought it for the 360 and WOW, it really is THE best game Ive played in years, its awesome!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wierd innit? I just dont get this game.

The MP obviously has issues, we've done all that to death.

But the SP I expected to be much better. To me it just seems like a CoD4 cash-in. Last week my internet went down for a couple of days. I thought oh well, I'll just play cod6 and get that finished, but you know what, I played for about 15 minutes and turned it off. I just cant get into it. It really just feels like a 10-bob console game aimed at 13 year olds.

CoD4 was just so much better. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom