Modern Warfare 3

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well aye :p this is what I was saying, you can make dedicated servers but the official ranked online play is done similar to Mw2 just better.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
A dozen sites said it dedi servers as well, plus loads of Blops servers advertising MW3 servers to come. Hate that console peer to peer shit.

edit

I couldnt care less about ranked stuff, but I cant see where you can see the dedi servers or anything, no server browser.

edit again

I'm now reading you can join dedi servers, I just aint found out how yet.

I shant ask you BloodOmen, no offence but you know bugger all lol :)

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
In options you need to enable the dedicated server browser.

No idea why they have it hidden though.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thanks pal :) Found it, why in gods name would they hide it ....

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
Played 6 games, 4 of them laggy as fuck, oh how i love iwnet.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I been playing on the OTLWS hardcore S-D server, I played on thier server for Blops, and CoD4 before that, its good.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
so what if Ive just loaded up and played multi-player...is that official ranks still... or do i have to go do this dedicated server stuff, I hope I dont have to do it all over if thats what it means :) but I've had fun anyway.. ground war confirmed kill with the tags is a good mode.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
If your playing on the standard peer to peer thing then you rank up. If your're playing on a dedicated server you cant rank up, however, if you start a private match first (on your own) you can set a load out for yourself from any of the items; this is then saved for playing on dedicated servers. When you go back to IWNET everything is as it was.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
sp is good tho the scripted set pieces dont have the same shine as it did with the old IW peeps. after having pld bf3 sp the gafx arnt as good

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
A dozen sites said it dedi servers as well, plus loads of Blops servers advertising MW3 servers to come. Hate that console peer to peer shit.

edit

I couldnt care less about ranked stuff, but I cant see where you can see the dedi servers or anything, no server browser.

edit again

I'm now reading you can join dedi servers, I just aint found out how yet.

I shant ask you BloodOmen, no offence but you know bugger all lol :)

I know bugger all because I havent bothered looking how to join dedis :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
my best scores have come from confirmed kills or FFA modes, been exping on regular TDM's but now those have had a few hackers in :(

still I'm rank 33 after 4hours, and finally got the perks I mostly use to Pro..SoH,Assasin just need Dead silence and an AK :D

too bad I have college now, but still saves me rinsing through it in one go.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hackers shouldnt be a problem if its running on DemonWare, they'll get CD-key banned eventually. To my understanding after reading about it works much like VAC did on Steam/Counter-Strike.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I know bugger all because I havent bothered looking how to join dedis :p

I kinda suspected as much. In a way this dual IWNET / dedis thing may work, it can keep the xbox/ps3 types that are playing on a pc away from us :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
starting to get sick of the migrating host shit during play, its just happend for 3 minutes nones top in the middle of a game, when it finally finished it put landed us with a shit host and everyones pings were 600+... no dedicated servers was clearly a great idea! *cough*

Litmus

Resident Freddy
played it on the xbox and it was wank, but that's probally down to playing with outdated graphics and shit controls. 1 - 12 first game. and like 3 - 12 the 2nd game so i rage quit :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, after brief consideration after playing this for the last 24 hours solid its the biggest pile of fucking shit i've ever seen considering the hype that was behind it. There are 3 main things that let this down

1. No proper dedicated servers, utter fucking fail on Activision's behalf here and no excuse to cover it.
2. Stupid kill streaks like Juggernaut and Predator Missle remove almost every ounce of fun from games because people can quite simply no skill you to death just like they could in Black Ops with some of the silly KS.
3. The way it sets up games and migrates hosts is the final straw as to why this is shit, there is nothing more annoying than this shit popping up when you're about to either shoot someone in the face or are trying to capture a flag etc.

my overall rating for this 4/10 and its only getting 4 because the level up system for weapons etc is good and graphically I can't fault it.

Give it a couple of weeks and i'm willing to bet £5 Battlefield 3 comes out on top over this population wise.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Photoshop much? You put yourself at the top of the board twice ;)

I didn't tho, it puts you up there twice and I don't know why, feel free to check :p I think it puts you at the top and holds you there then compares your score with everyone present on the server (including you apparently)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I can't for the life of me think of any reason why a PC player would buy MW3 when BF3 exists, other than it being on Steam. Activision have driven this franchise into the ground.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I can't for the life of me think of any reason why a PC player would buy MW3 when BF3 exists, other than it being on Steam. Activision have driven this franchise into the ground.

2 Reasons! 1 Battlefield 3 has an annoying bug which for some reason cannot be fixed on some users pc's (mine being one of them) thus is unplayable and 2 I was curious if this would live upto the hype.

DaGaffer

I would imagine reason 1 is a fairly small group of people, and as for reason 2, what hype? Surely the experience of Black Ops was enough to tell you what a load of shite the whole MW franchise has turned into? In SP its OK, in a derivative, unimaginative way, but in MP all the stupid kill streak modes, lack of servers and the absolute and utter wankers who play it should be enough to make anyone with an IQ higher than leaf mould avoid this shit like tha plague.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The group of people isnt that small, when I got the problem and dug around I found forum and forum/thread after thread but no solution and when trying to get technical support from EA you just get passed around an indian support center like a fucking yo-yo because they're lazy cunts.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ok : responses :)

1. Black Ops was great, once it worked. I'd still maintain that it has better graphics than MW3 or BF3. It also plays really well, and is super smooth. I'd go as far as to say it's my favourite CoD.

2. BloodOmen, they have dedicated servers, with a server browser and everything, something sadly lacking in BF3, I'd give a proper server a try personally.

3. Ive bought both games. At the moment BF3 is calling me, it's a fantastic game. Wether Im back playing CoD in a month or so (on dedi servers of course) remains to be seen though.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Lol Black Ops better graphics than BF3... riiiiiiiiight..

Stick both on max graphics and you will see :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Battlefield 3 kills CoD when it comes to graphics tbh :p running CoD MW3 in max everything at the moment and Battlefield 3 with only High settings looked miles better.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Lol Black Ops better graphics than BF3... riiiiiiiiight..

Stick both on max graphics and you will see :p

I've got a 560ti with an i7 3.4 cpu, I have everything on full. I absolutely think that Blops is better looking than either of these games.

DaGaffer

I've got a 560ti with an i7 3.4 cpu, I have everything on full. I absolutely think that Blops is better looking than either of these games.

I've got almost exactly the same setup. Clearly you have an astigmatism.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Dont make up words Gaff!!! :eek:

By the way, I wish it wasnt, maybe I got to see what I can turn up :)

TheDoon

Can't get enough of FH
I personally own both and i don't see a problem with that, if I'm in the mood for some team based action ill play BF3, if i just want to shoot people in the face ill go with cod, completely different games imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom