Arma II: DayZ

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck it. I think I will just go ahead and buy this tonight. Will just have to do the washing up for a week to make up for my massive Steam spending this week :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Playing now, it's pretty unforgiving isn't it? Starting with no weapon etc :p All i've done so far is aggro zombies and sprint for ages until I get away.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah it's incredibly unforgiving, but that makes it all the more satisfying when you succeed. ;)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Found a gun but got murdered before even firing it, think i need to make some friends:p

eksdee

FH is my second home
Hahaha. Drop me a PM if you want to hook up with our lot at the weekend, we have a tonne of gear we could help you out with.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I personally think it spoils the game when you get groups of clans roaming about just laying waste to anyone they see, if i spot a clan i just disconnect straight away no way some pussy 5 man bum band robbing me and feeling like they are the SAS.

eksdee

FH is my second home
We usually give lifts to new spawns from the coast and take them north, the reason we roam as a group is to fight the other groups in the north tbh - you get some really intense fights that way.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought!

Now to wait until tomorrow for the download. Hateful country bumkin internet.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
So you have to buy Arma II: Combined Operations and then download DayZ mod to play? Seen some videos about it, looks like fun :)

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
So you have to buy Arma II: Combined Operations and then download DayZ mod to play? Seen some videos about it, looks like fun :)

Yep, that's correct. Arma II:CO can be bought either via BIS online store or Steam for £19.99. Then just download DayZ and play.
In terms of finding servers etc, I'd recommend the free - DayZ Commander. Very nice slick lightweight application, much better than Six Update in my eyes.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Fairly good supply of kit now and have binoculars. Had to kill about 10 zombies wth my hatchet so avoiding towns for a bit now and hiding in forests as blood is low. Does eating/drinking restore blood?

Aada

Part of the furniture
I killed someone at 900m earlier with sniper was really happy about 5mins later though i died, Dayz way of keeping it real for me.

Nate

FH is my second home
Fairly good supply of kit now and have binoculars. Had to kill about 10 zombies wth my hatchet so avoiding towns for a bit now and hiding in forests as blood is low. Does eating/drinking restore blood?
Yeah tins give 200, cooked meat gives 800. Matches, Hatchet and Hunting Knife are great.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Yeah tins give 200, cooked meat gives 800. Matches, Hatchet and Hunting Knife are great.

cooked meat? luxury!!!!

I'm surviving on a diet of tinned sardines and hot dog sausages, washed down with coke :)

Just got some matches so now its time to chase rabbits around the forest for me tea....

Aada

Part of the furniture
Found a boat earlier got it working and that then about 5mins later i beached it ;/

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
After alot of trouble with patching, more patching, installing several different updates and server finders I finally got it to work. Turns out there was some new patch recently that fucked up alot.

My first ingame experience had me spawn at the coast in pitch black, with the heavy clouds and rain pouring down in massive amounts completely reducing visibility to zero. Tried to get flashlight to work but could not figure out how and suddenly the flashlight disappeared from inventory. I decided to stay near the coast and slowly make my way in the direction I reckoned to be West, with the ocean on my left. It kept raining and raining and I ran for 15 minutes without finding anything else than grass, shrubbery and the sea, and some odd sound that sounded like a machine starting up and then dying out (which scared the shit out of me).

I see there is a save feature, but it was greyed out. When and where can you save? I didn't really have time to play, so had to abort. Also, how do you play with your friends? Can you spawn as a group?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Your character is saved across all servers don't worry just exit the game and you will start back where you was next time you log on.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
After finally getting on I found a hatchet and spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to equip it. Googled it in the end. Then fell off something and my character started to spaz out and wouldn't stop crawling around. I presume I broke my legs but that doesn't explain the crawling around with no way of stopping.

Will try again tomorrow

Nate

FH is my second home
I got a couple of mates to start playing, we got some nice gear and found a deerstand. One of them couldn't figure out why he couldn't shoot his gun, so pressed f, then mouse click, frag grenade at bottom of stairs. "Shit, run" was heard. Then my screen went black and white and I was on the floor. Blew up the other guy, and I was bleeding out. It took him 2 minutes to get up the ladder to bandage me!

awesome :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, that's much better. Had a quick go this morning to figure out the controls. Found a shot gun, matches and various other odds and ends.

Poag

m00?
After alot of trouble with patching, more patching, installing several different updates and server finders I finally got it to work. Turns out there was some new patch recently that fucked up alot.

My first ingame experience had me spawn at the coast in pitch black, with the heavy clouds and rain pouring down in massive amounts completely reducing visibility to zero. Tried to get flashlight to work but could not figure out how and suddenly the flashlight disappeared from inventory. I decided to stay near the coast and slowly make my way in the direction I reckoned to be West, with the ocean on my left. It kept raining and raining and I ran for 15 minutes without finding anything else than grass, shrubbery and the sea, and some odd sound that sounded like a machine starting up and then dying out (which scared the shit out of me).

I see there is a save feature, but it was greyed out. When and where can you save? I didn't really have time to play, so had to abort. Also, how do you play with your friends? Can you spawn as a group?
Yeah the game auto saves every few minutes, but if you exit a server it will save your state immediately. However if a server crashes your last save will be the one used.

Got into another game last night, after going through 5 or 6 servers to find a non laggy one we got settled and went hunting around the north east for cars or crashed helis (they sure are jealous of my NVGs), also for any camps we could halfinch.

Anyway, not alot was found, made our away to the airfield in the NE, found some AKM mags,a SD STANAG mag, some sniper ammo and a few cows. Cooked up the cows and tested how far away NVGs could see a light from. Answer....about 200 miles...... So if you think your hidden in a forest with your fire/flashlight...you probably arent, get it done quick then run. As NVGs show the source of light much better than just your eyes.

Having a silenced weapon has mad dealing with zombies much simpler. Crawl up near them, pop pop, crawl up to the next one, pop pop. With the "feature" that when you log off and on your mags refil to full. So long as you never drain a mag you have unlimited ammo.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Might jsut have purchased this....ooops as if I didn't have enough games to play already! Oh well pay day next week to recover from my splurges.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Out of interest. I'm pondering a 50 slot DayZ server from MPUK. Its £60pcm.

How much interest is there for this, who would be willing to contribute.

If theres enough interest then we can work something out...

I would be interested in this if we can get a crowd together.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Same, I get scared on my own :(

Talk to Chosen he was talking about it a few pages back and has experience with that sort if thing I believe.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Zombies dont open doors do they?

I find myself stuck in some tiny shed with zombies patrolling outside looking for me :eek:

Nate

FH is my second home
Zombies are like Chuck Norris, they don't open doors. They walk through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom