Arma II: DayZ

eksdee

FH is my second home
Started playing with some friends this weekend, had an absolute blast although the lag/dodgy animations of the zombies can be a bit annoying at times. Overall, though, the whole idea of the game and how it works is just outstanding. When I logged on during night time I was genuinely petrified.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Started playing with some friends this weekend, had an absolute blast although the lag/dodgy animations of the zombies can be a bit annoying at times. Overall, though, the whole idea of the game and how it works is just outstanding. When I logged on during night time I was genuinely petrified.
I have the exact same problem mate :(

eksdee

FH is my second home
Being scared of the dark or dodgy animations/lag? :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Playing in the dark is best you can really fuck some players right up the arse.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Are all the zombies one shot kills ? Watched a few vids, models looked good but death animations were poor, shoot one in the left foot and it's all over for the zombie :/

Aada

Part of the furniture
Usually if you shoot them in the foot/leg they start crawling towards you after a few seconds so you gotta make sure you put em down for good, The ARMA 2 didn't have the best engine in the world and the AI is pretty poor tbh, but DayZ is in ALPHA stage do not forget that while playing it.

Also Rocket (the guy behind Dayz) has been instructed by the ARMA 2 dev team to work on Dayz full time, and don't forget Dayz will be ready for ARMA 3 and will be a million times better than on ARMA2 due to the brand new engine running ARMA3, for example ability to go underwater and every single building on the map is open to enter.

Last edited:

Nate

FH is my second home
I got in to one game pretty quickly, but since then can't get passed loading screens :(

Poag

m00?
Comedy note.

Bethesda are pushing out beta patches for arma2 atm fairly rapidly. The hardcore arma community are up in arms that they are fixing thigns for DayZ and not for them.

Bethesda have sold more Arma2 copies in the past 3 months than since release, all these new players play DayZ. Mods bring companies in big bucks for their games, support the mods and more money :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Stuck on Retrying to authenticate.

I don't think this is for people with <2mb connections :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
delete the game and re download the files manually and get the 1.6 patch instead.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Its like the Wild West in this game. Get a map of the game online so you can figure out where you are.

Don't team up with people you don't know either they will literally kill you as soon as you turn your back.

Nate

FH is my second home
This six launcher thing makes getting in to games so much easier.

Heard anything yet cho?

Gwadien

Anyone need any friends to play with, I'm getting into the swing of things.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
I've started playing in the last week, and still getting-up to speed and learning the ropes. Haven't played much in the last few days since 1.7.1.1 upwards gimped the visibility and audibility settings, particularly during crouch walking.

It doesn't run so well on my aging Q6660 and GTX280, but hopefully a PC upgrade in the next month will address that. When's ARMA 3 due out, some time in 2013?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Had a great weekend of DayZ, playing with some people from my Tribes clan and a few others we managed to kit ourselves out with a bus, a van, two off-road trucks and a good balance of weapons and then pretty much drove around causing havoc everywhere. Highlight for me was some guy shooting at us while we were repairing our bus at night, noticing he was outgunned and sniping him out with my DRM as he tried to get away strafing across a field. Feels so rewarding when you actually hit someone with a sniper rifle in this game since you have to adjust for bullet drop etc. The next day when we logged on, one of the more reckless players we play with managed to crash a van with 3 of us in it into a wall, losing us two DRMs with about 10 clips each, 5 full jerry cans and countless other weapons, ammo, other supplies. :p

Gwadien

Stole someones car; just going around trying to find petrol, as most petrol station tankers don't actually work :'(

Gwadien

btw!

If anyone still fancies playing this, give me a shout over steam! Gwadien

Aada

Part of the furniture
Not played it in a while as waiting on a few more patches as I still find fps is totally random on which server you join and it just got annoying after a while but its an Alpha so can't really complain.

Gwadien

I had the same issue Aada, I kept whinging to my clan mates saying I'd never play until it was at least Beta, but it seems to be okay now.. Just need to remember to keep saving tents/vehicles, and just keep a brave face on when the server crashes and you backtrack a few klicks.

I mean, it's far better now we got this truck, so if shit does happen, we just pick each other up :)

eksdee

FH is my second home
While those gripes effect everyone (FPS, random items disappearing etc etc), as you rightly say it is an Alpha after all and I think considering the scope of the game it's absolutely outstandingly executed. I find this game so engaging, especially when you're backed into a corner and have to do something that is totally nerve wrecking. For example last night a friend and I went to the north airfield to gear up a bit, we ended up in a gunfight with some people camping there. I took a shot and lost a lot of blood, but neither of us had blood bags so in the near-pitch black night we ventured to Stary Sobor hoping we might find blood in the medical tents there. No luck, but running there on 4k blood, investigating and so forth was so tense. It's genuinely a gaming experience like nothing I've ever seen before.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Tempted to try this out as a mate loves it.. I work a full time job and don't have a lot of spare time.. is it worth it ?

Nate

FH is my second home
In 5 minutes you can do quite a lot, I think it's more fun to play with friends though so yeah he'll be able to help you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom