Arma II: DayZ

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit of a stretch from the original "WILL HAPPEN!" 2012 release :p

Understandable ofcourse, warz flop gave them that time, even if dean hall's "emotional" responses are getting a bit old.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I notice that in my morning posting glory that came off a bit more cynical then it should ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
April, not that far away really but honestly I he should just say it will be ready when it's ready, and they had better sort the cheating out as that is the only thing that could ruin his 10mins of fame.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll be likely renting a DayZ Standalone server for FH :p feel free to chip in when its live.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Finally some news! Something to look forward to while I enjoy playing on private hives.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Those of that have played recently whats the deal with tents? can you destroy them or do they just respawn when the server restarts?

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Those of that have played recently whats the deal with tents? can you destroy them or do they just respawn when the server restarts?

Think you can drive over them with vehicles to destroy them. They should remain during server restarts, but will be auto-removed if inactive for a certain number of days (depending on server settings afaik)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Day Z and the Arma 2 engine were a really good match actually, unless if it wasn't for the terrible lag/desynch making it harder than it already was to actually hit people 400+ meters away.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Day Z and the Arma 2 engine were a really good match actually, unless if it wasn't for the terrible lag/desynch making it harder than it already was to actually hit people 400+ meters away.

I agree there were some problems but overall the clunkyness was part of the charm.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Looks ropey as fuck.

I thought the final DayZ was on the ARMA3 engine? Just looks like standard DayZ but with a guy with a crash helmet.
Ropey as fuck?

What do you mean?

Dayz Standalone is on ARMA 2.5 basically, not ARMA 3 yet..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks ropey as fuck.

I thought the final DayZ was on the ARMA3 engine? Just looks like standard DayZ but with a guy with a crash helmet.

No, it uses Take On Helicopters engine which is part of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead that has been heavily modified with added Arma III coding. As for it looking "Ropey" thats because none of the new textures etc have been added yet, what you're seeing is basically an unpainted version with bits left out because they're either still in development or waiting to be implemented - in short not even worth being called an Alpha yet.

The new video was ace, new zombie pathing is amazing and I love how items are placed now, means you really have to look for items now as opposed to always finding them in a big pile in the middle of a building.

All that said I highly doubt they will meet the April release date they promised us, I can see it being knocked back to May/June.

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol fair play to him for saying fuck it and up and leaving for a while.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh don't get me wrong, great that he's going on holiday and all that but he could have went somewhere safer lol.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Ah, might as well wait.

Hey Toht, have you seen the kickstarter project in making by the same team who made Planescape torment?

That is some hot sh*t, if you are into BG:ish gameplay.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You mean the tides of torotoromenatwork? Then yeah, but i'm waiting for wasteland 2 a bit more :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
/Leaps into thread

Is there a FH server for this? I may come on so you can kill me / mock my inpetitude as you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom