Arma II: DayZ

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'd say it's pretty much like a MMO, you get to a certain level in terms of gear where there's only huge huge leaps to go to get the very best gear, and only a few players I've seen get this far (Ghillie suits, Range finders, Night Vision goggles etc).

People are always dying and starting again, and aslong you don't get annoyed by this, you'll be fine.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Tbh, unless they fix server hopping gearing to a pretty insane level takes less than two hours currently. If you get lucky and kill another server hopper while hopping, you can pretty much gear up instantly. :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yep the server hopping sucks although i admit i was hooked on doing it for a while but it took the fun out of the game tbh, are helicopters lootable/flyable yet?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Lootable yes, flyable on some servers but not all. Officially I believe they're currently disabled until there are some fixes to them patched in, but on some servers they're enabled. You get insane loot from Helis though - found an M107 (http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M107) and an FN FAL ANPV S4 (http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=FN_FAL_ANPV_S4) so far at heli crash sites, but the problem with those weapons is finding ammo for them is ridiculously hard. I'm using an M16A4 ACOG (http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=M16A4_ACOG) atm and it's incredible, with very easy to find mags (STANAG mags).

eksdee

FH is my second home
Wow nice. Bitch to get ammo for surely though?

The guys I play with are currently repairing a bus... roll out! :D

Gwadien

Our tents got robbed, but still, we have quite a nice armoury;

1x Machine w/ 500 bullets
1x Bizon SD w/ 300 bullets
2x MP5 SD w/ unknown bullets
2x DMRs w/ no bullets
2x M9 SD w/ plenty o' bullets
1x Bus
1x 4 Seater Car

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Actually found lots of M4 ammo, but never the M4 itself......

Yaka

Part of the furniture
is this easy to get into? been wanting to try it for a while now

Nate

FH is my second home
yeah just watch a tutorial for the controls/basics. I found the controls a bit alien but it's ok now.

eksdee

FH is my second home
2YCs1.jpg

Home sweet home. :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Nice little queer camp you got there do you share the tents? :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
is this easy to get into? been wanting to try it for a while now

Stay far away from the cities and get off the coast and you will be fine to an extent.

Nate

FH is my second home
Let me join your team Eksdee!! I just found a tent!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Nice camp there eksdee! Which servers do you guys play on?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Nice camp there eksdee! Which servers do you guys play on?

The Norway ones mostly as they have been the most competitive and stable we've found. Norway 8 right now, but personally I think Norway 1 is the best.

We got a bit cocky last night and ended up driving around Elektro/Cherno with our army offroad vehicle, literally drove through the middle of Elektro blowing the car's horn constantly at one point :p. Then we parked it up to go after a group who were camping in Elektro, after killing them we headed back to the vehicle, only to hear it driving off in the distance... killer. :(

However, we still have a truck, a bus, a town car, a motorbike and a bicycle. :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
lol bet the guy who found it thought fuck yes!

Gwadien

We had a similar camp to you, in the process of playing, we had 1 bus (Twice) the off-road jeep (4 times) 2 tractors, and a quad bike, but we've been raided, and I died, I have nothing to do go to, so I'm not entirely sure if I can pluck up the bother to play again, that's the only issue with this game :(

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Anyone got a place in a group? Veteran FPS player, just havent touched one since CS 1.6 :) Buying and downloading as we speak

eksdee

FH is my second home
We had a similar camp to you, in the process of playing, we had 1 bus (Twice) the off-road jeep (4 times) 2 tractors, and a quad bike, but we've been raided, and I died, I have nothing to do go to, so I'm not entirely sure if I can pluck up the bother to play again, that's the only issue with this game :(

Just gotta man up, run north naked and go to the NW airfield! :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Haha there's only so many times you lose your stuff before you think fuck this!

Gwadien

Haha there's only so many times you lose your stuff before you think fuck this!
Since i've died probably 10+ times, I'm feeling this, always dying with decent gear too :(

itcheh

Part of the furniture
First rule of DayZ ... get used to the fact that your gear (no matter how good) is only temporary!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gotta agree with that, as long as you realise even a new player can get the jump on you with his pistol and he will get the pay day of his life but then 5mins later he could be dead too :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Going to play later tonight, anyone up for grouping up ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom