Arma II: DayZ

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My FPS clan are trying this out atm, it's a pretty cool zombie mod for Arma II, like L4D, but instead, its like 50 people on one server, and its FFA, you can either be friendly or aggressive, your character is saved across servers unless you die, and it's 1 map but its like 250miles massive.

If anyone plays this/has Arma II and is interested, let me know! - after all, friends are good for this game! :)

http://www.dayzmod.com/

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Playing it myself.

The world is 225m2, and its all about surviving. It is probably the most realistic zombie game out there right now, and you wont survive long as rambo. You have to be careful to always have enough supplies with you at all times, as it might be long before you can get into a city/village and restock.

I've died countless of times already, using flares at night is not always such a good idea xD

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
according to a fps savvy mate, this mod is extremely awesome and the only reason arma is in the steam charts :-D

Aada

Part of the furniture
What system specs do i need to run this game decently?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Does not require a lot I suppose, seeing that the GFX is so-so. What specs you got ? =)

Aada

Part of the furniture
AMD Phenom 9650 Quad Core 2.30GHZ
M3A32-MVP Deluxe
4GB RAM PC2-6400
Seagate Barracuda 7200 ST3500630AS 500GB 7200RPM 16MB CACHE Perpendicular Recording -Bare Drive
Asus GTX550ti 1GB

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tried the demo seemed very smooth so downloading now, very excited about playing this.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, your specs should be far enough to play this game :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Followed the tutorial's on installing but everytime i try to get into a server i either get can't connect or bad version?

Or if i do get into a server i get something about ''you cannot play/edit this mission as it is dependant on downloadable content which has been deleted''

huh?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ooooooh. Color me interested(mauve i believe). This looks on so many levels to be awesome and what i really been looking for in a zombie game :giggle:

Poag

m00?
I've been playing this with some ukraians and its pretty good.

For the last couple of weeks we'd been roaming the map collecting gear putting up tent supply caches around and about. All was going fairly well until the buggy zombie spawn patch last week.

Having to avoid most cities gave us less supplies, but less zombie encounters so it was ok, but fairly dull. Untill this weekend just gone. Massive influx of new players and the end of Humanity system = getting murdered.

Logged in well out in the sticks and started moving to catch up with my mates, passed Novy Sobor and got a Deer Hide zombie on me, stopped to kill it. Boom, got sniped.

Annoyed but it happens, first time in 3 weeks tho so i am fairly careful and know what i'm doing, respawn way down on the coast, spawn...dead. Oh right people standing on the spawn points killing people. Spawn again, dead.

Sadly we are heavily invested into this server with our cars and tent supply stations.

In the previous 3 weeks, between us we'd killed 2 other people. In the last week we have some 45 murders between us :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In the previous 3 weeks, between us we'd killed 2 other people. In the last week we have some 45 murders between us :(

joker_nurse2.jpg

"Killing is making a choice."

Poag

m00?
joker_nurse2.jpg

"Killing is making a choice."
Generally we leave one person in the trees with a sniper rifle while the other two move across a field. The two then cover the one as he crosses.

Generally the people we have shot have crouched brought their weapon up to sight on us for more than a few seconds and been "removed".

Alternatively they've shot at us and because we've had heavy weapons..lost the resulting battle. We each had AKs or M4s/M16s vs Winchesters or shotguns mostly.

Aada

Part of the furniture
any of you recommend any servers your playing on? There's a lot of shitty servers.

Gwadien

My so solid crew are on NY7 but im having issues there so i may relocate them to somewhere more european, Chosen set up a server already :p

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah, I will check into hosting a own server later this week. Seeing that I got no time today and/or tomorrow =)

Poag

m00?
You need a windows box, and atm the creators are (or were when we looked) only accepting hosts who do 24/7 uptime on multiple servers.

As we were planning only one server they said no :(

Poag

m00?
Also Us servers are generally better than EU ones. As the servers go "night" at 8pm Uk time, and night is night...pitch black can't see a thing.

Thus NVGs are awesome, had a pair of those before i got killed :/

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You need a windows box, and atm the creators are (or were when we looked) only accepting hosts who do 24/7 uptime on multiple servers.

As we were planning only one server they said no :(
I got my own dedicated server, with a very good spec and a dedicated 100mbit line. So I do not think that will be a problem! And as I saw they are itching to have more people to host a 24/7 server.

Poag

m00?
They were, then they got flooded by people wanting to host a single server.

But go for it, it may have changed in the last week.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
thinking of getting this game as an end-of-skool year pressie to myself. so look out for teedlenoob begging to join up in a few weeks :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
saw this a while ago, but i was reliably informed it was riddled with mouthbreathing americans :/

Aada

Part of the furniture
Its riddled with people who jusitify killing a guy filling up his canteen at the beach as self defence.

Aada

Part of the furniture
wow just wow a fucking whole hour trying to get into a server trying server after server.

I either get put in a server where for some reason my FPS is 1-8 or i get onto a server and the server shuts down.

Absolute fucking horse shit.

Gwadien

wow just wow a fucking whole hour trying to get into a server trying server after server.

I either get put in a server where for some reason my FPS is 1-8 or i get onto a server and the server shuts down.

Absolute fucking horse shit.
This is why I want Chosen to host a server, that way, if it fucks up, we can e-attack him :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
This game is just the best thing ever, its absolutely awesome once you can actually play the thing.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I got my own dedicated server, with a very good spec and a dedicated 100mbit line. So I do not think that will be a problem! And as I saw they are itching to have more people to host a 24/7 server.

Any news on your server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom