About War Euro servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
DaoC beta wasn´t really decent gameplay at first,

DaoC had great gameplay when it was pretty much the only game out there. after that everything that came after (with a few exaptions ofc) did it better. the DAoC fanboys are just so used to the gamelay in DAoC they find it hard to adapt to anything else. took me almost a year to actually get used to having mobility in a MMORPG when i started playing EQ2 and WoW. still trying DAoC every now and then but the characters is like trying to control a square rock with a twig.

and ofc (again) the /stick, /face and /assist macros is just laughable. especially as ppl that use them claim to have "skill" :)

thats probably another reason why most old DAoC ppl fail at oher games. they dont have their lazy buttons to do that work for them.

so many posts on the WoW forums from ppl that played DAoC begging for those macros its sad :(

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
I tend to look at it this way... If ide rolled US from the beginning i would still be playing DAoC on pretty active servers NOW I dont play at all because the population of the English EU servers is non existant.

So if i play WAR at all it will be on the US even if i have to wait for a US client, because I dont believe GOA can change the way they conduct themselves in WAR no matter what they say.

They may have new offices in Ireland, they may promise 24/7 support in WAR, prmisses that it wont be run the same as DAoC, no and a whole load of other stuff they said wont be hapening in WAR as it did in DAoC, but to many Im currently playing MMO with all they see is.... new staff, new offices, new country, same GMs same shit same company.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
DaoC had great gameplay when it was pretty much the only game out there. after that everything that came after (with a few exaptions ofc) did it better. the DAoC fanboys are just so used to the gamelay in DAoC they find it hard to adapt to anything else. took me almost a year to actually get used to having mobility in a MMORPG when i started playing EQ2 and WoW. still trying DAoC every now and then but the characters is like trying to control a square rock with a twig.

and ofc (again) the /stick, /face and /assist macros is just laughable. especially as ppl that use them claim to have "skill" :)

thats probably another reason why most old DAoC ppl fail at oher games. they dont have their lazy buttons to do that work for them.

so many posts on the WoW forums from ppl that played DAoC begging for those macros its sad :(

The reason most i know still plays daoc might be that there is no game just close to daoc endgame avaliable. I guess u like to jump around and hit insta spells / styles etc, id call that alot more easymode than having assist stick and face.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
"us servers with the time diffrence etc"

Not really an issue since many players all around the world, will join in on the US servers. GOA screwed the UK-Server people, screw them back.
Might not effect them much (or anything even) but at least you made you stand - Screw the idiots who don't care about their looong time paying customers.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The reason most i know still plays daoc might be that there is no game just close to daoc endgame avaliable. I guess u like to jump around and hit insta spells / styles etc, id call that alot more easymode than having assist stick and face.

so DAoC have "cast times" on their melee styles? :)

and even tho WoW have more insta cast spells then daoc, most of them isnt especially overpowered.

and those insta spells that ARE powerfull like PoM + Pyro is on a pretty nasty reuse timer so its not like anyone can run around spamming those all the time.

and DAoC rvr isnt that much different then what WoW battlegrounds is. in DAoC they run around between 2 or 3 keeps, usually end up "zerging" in the middle or at one or the other keep. in WoW we have BG's and more or less do the same. difference is that the BG's end at some point and that its even numbers. other then that its both gank fests or honor/RP farming no matter how you look at it.

now if we'd play DAoC like we SHOULD do i wouldn't argue. but we havent done that for the last 2(?) years now. IRvR = WoW battlegrounds with a twist. or maybe its the other way around. either way the difference isnt that big anymore.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
now if we'd play DAoC like we SHOULD do

Funny how busy you are telling other people how they should play.

Especially considering you also whine about people playing the game with the tools available to them (buffbots, /stick, etc).

Poor kid you are. Suchs a shame people don't do as you want them to. :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

sorry im going to have to take issue with that.
WoW is designed to be able to be played while you are AFK (hello gold farmers)
the 2 ive seen people use that spring to mind are :

Mouse-over Sunder; applies sunder to any target you mouse over (cos pressing a button is really taxing)

Hunter shot queue; press 1 macro button, it fires off all the hunter abilities in an order to maximise DPS, cos knowing how to play your class is so hard :(

WOW is beyond a joke for easy mode, at least in daoc you had to know what you were doing even if you were resorting to running thru and spamming /assist %t

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Surely spamming macros while jumping around using a nostromo MUST be more skilled than actually having to use Reactionary and Positional sides to maximize your dps output.
OOOOKAY!

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
wow is hardmode , the game for the hardcore gamers who needs a challenge!!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Funny how busy you are telling other people how they should play.

Especially considering you also whine about people playing the game with the tools available to them (buffbots, /stick, etc).

Poor kid you are. Suchs a shame people don't do as you want them to. :)

lol, whatever you say mister out of context :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
and DAoC rvr isnt that much different then what WoW battlegrounds is. in DAoC they run around between 2 or 3 keeps, usually end up "zerging" in the middle or at one or the other keep. in WoW we have BG's and more or less do the same. difference is that the BG's end at some point and that its even numbers. other then that its both gank fests or honor/RP farming no matter how you look at it.

NF is crap but OF was totally different matter,doing a relic raid with 100ish people on each side and trying to sneak past enemy traps and their final desperate zerg on the MG leading to your portal keep equals to WoW BG and everyone just fighting on the middle? You must be either new player or one of those who were "8vs8 fights are how daoc is played" people and never experienced real relic raid.

Pre-NF mind you! that i agree it's rubbish nowadays.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
so DAoC have "cast times" on their melee styles? :)

and even tho WoW have more insta cast spells then daoc, most of them isnt especially overpowered.

and those insta spells that ARE powerfull like PoM + Pyro is on a pretty nasty reuse timer so its not like anyone can run around spamming those all the time.

now if we'd play DAoC like we SHOULD do i wouldn't argue. but we havent done that for the last 2(?) years now. IRvR = WoW battlegrounds with a twist. or maybe its the other way around. either way the difference isnt that big anymore.

I saw this kid on Swedish television that showed the camera man his bunch of characters from lvl 30 to 50 i think it was. He was 10 years old tops. Seems WoW is the new game of choice for kids, with Counter-Strike second.
Even my friends smaller brothers 10 and 11 y/o play WoW.

And you are a pathetic excuse for an ex DaoC player, trying to justify WoW by comparing it to DaoC.. you are making a fool out of yourself!
I´d rather play childrens cardgame than WoW... WoW does not equal DaoC in any way whatsoever.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Personally just waiting and seeing.

Same faces on the staff + servers in France + slow patches = try US instead.

If the game opens with the same stungard bullshit that DAoC started with then forget it.

Everz

FH is my second home
ive come to conclusion

nearly all mmo's suck

long live xbox live

Septina

Part of the furniture
I saw this kid on Swedish television that showed the camera man his bunch of characters from lvl 30 to 50 i think it was. He was 10 years old tops. Seems WoW is the new game of choice for kids, with Counter-Strike second.
Even my friends smaller brothers 10 and 11 y/o play WoW.

And you are a pathetic excuse for an ex DaoC player, trying to justify WoW by comparing it to DaoC.. you are making a fool out of yourself!
I´d rather play childrens cardgame than WoW... WoW does not equal DaoC in any way whatsoever.

Quite simple tbh, WoW pvp doesnt even come close to DAoC pvp in any way.
On the other hand, DAoC pve doesnt even come close to WoW pve in any way.

DAoC is by far THE best game pvp wise but WoW on the other hand is really fun pve wise. :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Quite simple tbh, WoW pvp doesnt even come close to DAoC pvp in any way.
On the other hand, DAoC pve doesnt even come close to WoW pve in any way.

DAoC is by far THE best game pvp wise but WoW on the other hand is really fun pve wise. :)

WoW encounters looks more fluffy. DaoC Pve is more like... hardcore with an epic twist. If anyone can name a MMO were raids includes 100+ people pve / pvp wise.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Look at all those hardcore PvP'ers defending their precious /assist & co macros.

Gimps.

Manual targeting is faster then /assist'ing. Every perk comes with a downside. Same as strafing/lag makes /stick worthless. Or manually facing something is faster then /face. All these are lagdependant. They're there if you want them though, same as all the lameass WoW macros/UIs/etc.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Manual targeting is faster then /assist'ing. Every perk comes with a downside. Same as strafing/lag makes /stick worthless. Or manually facing something is faster then /face. All these are lagdependant. They're there if you want them though, same as all the lameass WoW macros/UIs/etc.

Excactly. But ofcourse some wannabes like Manisch and Chutny think they are cool because they choose (or cant figure) not to use alle the tools of the game.

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
reasons why i will try not to play euro servers

I am going to keep this tight and to the point.

1. My last encounter with GOA involved their billing system. I renewed and couldnt turn off the autorenew as the flash site said "account transaction in progress". I promptly forgot to check and turn it off a couple of days later. they sent me an email 2 days before the next pay date stating I was buying another month - i couldnt cancel it on the site and emails to them saying I wasnt playing and wanted to cancel my payment were ignored or disregarded.

quite simply they decided take the money despite my contacting 2 days before payment date to cancel on receiving the notification email. compare that to blizzard where once i paid for a month, then cancelled the auto billing and found it cancelled before it took the money for the current month - i was kicked out of the game 5 minutes later and had to re-enter the card details.

2. The US servers are quite simply outstanding with a faster connection, up to date patches and lots of people playing. there are gms available and the appeal system. Euro servers are still waiting on patch 1.90 and the website says "we are nearly finished translating - there is still a month of work to do". i was nearly sick when i read that.

never again if i can help it. if it is possible to play on the US servers then i will be there.

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
This is interesting. Found in my private messages from back when they took my money. A response from requiel that completely ignored GOAs lack of resources that meant the only way I could contact them after they notified me was via email, which wasnt "secure" enough for them to accept as authority to cancel the payment. I say a decent company has some on the phone who can be contacted and I refer to blizzard being able to cancel payments up to the minute the billing cycle it due. definately playing the US servers if it is at all possible.

also he completely ignores that the cancellation of recuring payment options were not available during, or immediately after making payment, and only after 24 hours. that was down to the crappy website design. fact is the email received 2 days before billing was due stated money would be taken, couldnt be reversed and the website couldnt be accessed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznet
some points:

GOA are using a system that confuses the customer. any system that lets you pay and automatically assumes you want auto renew and doesn't let you change it for 24 hours is confusing. when i checked the same day as i paid, it didn't show any future payment feature so i assumed it wasn't on.

GOA have made no effort to find a way to refund me. they dont care that i was billed when i didnt want to pay and will tell me "we couldnt reverse it that late" and "once it goes through the billing process we are helpless" or "we cant respond to emails, you must use the accounts page".

GOA don't care that i'm an honest customer who has made a mistake/been misled by their billing system. its my problem. there will be no refunding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The billing system is fairly clear - the subscriptions page says in large letters 'Period of your next subscription' (my emphasis). Below the period selected in red letters it also says 'choose none to cancel the automatic renewal and press validate'. I don't really see how this can me misinterpreted or overlooked.
We cannot close an account on the strength of an email request. Otherwise people could maliciously close others accounts or reopen them. We have a secure webpage with strong passwords and encrypted packets for precisely that purpose. Also once the payment has been captured - i.e. been requested and authorised by your bank then it cannot be refunded. This is because your bank has guaranteed it.
I appreciate that you have made a mistake however i don't feel that your criticisms are warranted.

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
faceless internet companies hiding behind emails make me livid. I am a faithful customer who supports companies who give me good service. I cannot make sense of an acceptance that a company could not have phone support of any type - i have been working in customer services/technical support for 4 years since and my view is even stronger and better supported than it was previously.

edit: seems you cant edit a post after 10 mins expires so had to make an additional post

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I've played a bit of lotro while waiting for aoc and warhammer.

1st, i was going to play on US servers (cause the game would of costed 12euros there compared to 25euros in EU, and the monthly fee would of been 9 euros compared to 12 euro's here). However i found it near impossible to start there, cause they did not sell the "download" copy for anyone who's credit card was from eu zone. And then again, buying the US version from amazon etc would of costed the ~25 euros again.. However, the point is they can make buying the copy of US game hard if they want to.

So i went on EU servers. Now we haven't had AH (ingame market search) working for two weeks, i have not heard any word about it. Also there's plenty of broken links on Lotro eu site. Plus they don't have any discounts like they do in US. Generally where on the US side (where the game developer runs the server) the company seems to communicate on all levels with their customers, but here where the game is run by invidual company, they don't.

So, with that experience, and memories from daoc (which ain't that bad for me actually..), i would like to go into US servers. But then again taking account the playing times and the hassle, I'll prolly end up in EU servers.

Septina

Part of the furniture
WoW encounters looks more fluffy. DaoC Pve is more like... hardcore with an epic twist. If anyone can name a MMO were raids includes 100+ people pve / pvp wise.

100+ people means nothing else than lag for everyone = no fun for everyone.
That you even try to compare daoc pve to wow pve makes me chuckle tbh. :p
Daoc pve is mindless grind and even the 'epic encounters' are straight down hack and slash.
In wow you actually need strategies and tactics on the bosses which makes them so much more exciting and interesting. :p No game that i know of comes close to that, nor does any game come close to the quality of daocs pvp. :x

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Daoc pve is mindless grind and even the 'epic encounters' are straight down hack and slash.
In wow you actually need strategies and tactics on the bosses which makes them so much more exciting and interesting. :p No game that i know of comes close to that, nor does any game come close to the quality of daocs pvp. :x

At the end of day it's all down to scripts no matter of what.
It's the bane of PvE if you ask me.

Septina

Part of the furniture
At the end of day it's all down to scripts no matter of what.
It's the bane of PvE if you ask me.

Ofcourse it is, but, it all comes down to how well coded the scripts are doesnt it?
In DAoC i absolutely detest ALL pve since it's so damn boring, nothing out of the ordinary, hack, slash, kill, destroy, done. In WoW im having a blast with the PvE since it's so well made with all the diff strategies you need to be able to do it. :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

That is your opinion. I can´t talk for WoW, but surely you can´t mean DaoC pve needs no elaborate strategies, ignorance is bliss when you stick others and afk, that was probably your strategy. But yeah, as soon as you figure out a strategy it becomes grind next time..

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Excactly. But ofcourse some wannabes like Manisch and Chutny think they are cool because they choose (or cant figure) not to use alle the tools of the game.

Ofc I used the assist macros too, but it's pretty obvious that they are bad for the game and make it easier to e.g. nuke stuff down within seconds.

Now you can prove to me that it is harder with an /assist macro than without or just shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom