My personal opinion about the future of Celestius and Atlas

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's been 3+ weeks now and the devs don't seem like they could organize a pissup in a brewery. Talked with two of them on discord and they came off as arrogant and full of themselves.

Blunt summary of Celestius;

they've succeeded in making a freeshard of live more or less, nothing more

And honestly I can't see Atlas being much better, Atlas just seems like Phoenix 2.0 - the same bullshit no multiple account rule, same exp turn in shite etc and inevitable same shock shutdown once the numbers dwindle again

The future of Freeshards in general doesn't look that bright based on these two shitshows

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
TBH, i dinged 50 yesterday on Celestius. Not my first choice of a shard (Coming from Uth and Phoenix, Atlas would be the obvious choice), but it quenches the thirst until Atlas kicks off properly.

Not sure where i'll take the toon or how much time I'll invest in the ToA shite, but it does seem geared towards making it easy to do.

Say what you will, but a classic flavoured shard is still better than live or Celestius. Uthgard was for me the closest to classic live in terms of experience and enjoyment.

Edit: spelling

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dinged 50 a couple of weeks ago and not logged on since. I just realised I just cba with it again, most of the population will be sweats, that are desperate for every last rp and I can't be doing with all that again so binned it before I got too attached.

I didn't really have much time for the vocal minority either, bunch of manchildren, really needs some sort of basic moderation if people aren't willing to behave like adults.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just make an i50 server.

SI stats to begin with.

You get TOA stats through bounty points.

You can also kill mobs in RvR zones to get bounty points, including mobs that require zergs and are publicly announced.

I think everyone wanting PVE is purely for nostalgia, everyone actually hates it, and it just allows try hards to power through and be RR12 before the first day, let everyone be on a equal footing.

Martok

Part of the furniture
I just went back to live, free to play on live is better than the freeshards atm. Also Caledonia is at the end of the month. If all those who play Freeshards came back to live, even on Freetoplay the pop would be amazing!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Just make an i50 server.

SI stats to begin with.

You get TOA stats through bounty points.

You can also kill mobs in RvR zones to get bounty points, including mobs that require zergs and are publicly announced.

I think everyone wanting PVE is purely for nostalgia, everyone actually hates it, and it just allows try hards to power through and be RR12 before the first day, let everyone be on a equal footing.

I maxxed at RR6Lx on live before quitting, before ToA. I still enjoyed PVE, and I still do now.

My go to is RvR for sure, but there's something satisfying about a PVE challenge where you optimize and pull through. Mezz this, snare that, focus on adds, etc. It's the dynamics of optimizing your and your group's actions to pull through that still provide me with gratification.

But yes, RvR is my go to when I log on. However, I do not sneer at PVE.

Gwadien

I maxxed at RR6Lx on live before quitting, before ToA. I still enjoyed PVE, and I still do now.

My go to is RvR for sure, but there's something satisfying about a PVE challenge where you optimize and pull through. Mezz this, snare that, focus on adds, etc. It's the dynamics of optimizing your and your group's actions to pull through that still provide me with gratification.

But yes, RvR is my go to when I log on. However, I do not sneer at PVE.

But that's not what most people play the freeshard servers for.

There was actually a DoL official server which had an almost diablo style gameplay, that was fun, if you like PvE :) No idea if it's still about though.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
But that's not what most people play the freeshard servers for.

There was actually a DoL official server which had an almost diablo style gameplay, that was fun, if you like PvE :) No idea if it's still about though.

It is still around and I love that shard. Really imaginative and just great fun.

Gwadien

It is still around and I love that shard. Really imaginative and just great fun.

There has been some really cool DAOC projects about on DoL, obviously the vast majority of them had a very small playerbase, and were clearly temporary arrangements, but people did all sorts - making new classes and stuff with weird and wonderful mixtures of different existing spells/melee styles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom