About War Euro servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zede

Part of the furniture
The Last Watch is known for being the first to farm ML10 regularly with a few people.

NFD is known for running 3 groups on stick, the forum asshats Gahn & Jupiter and Crom playing the good cop <3.

Zede is known for leaving shit groups <3.

I am know for being a brilliant observer of humanity.

Also internet knights and magicians are serious business.

lol :p

Once clustering hit, every tom dick and harry guild farmed ML10, no disputing that.

But it is a FACT that The last watch were the only guilding farming ML10 >at the time<, so yes you got me on that, i was not specific. And 'farming' as in 4 night a week, every week, heck I know for a fact I was the only healer on the server with the ML10 cloak, ( so mace/leggins/bp)

my god we checked at the time, heaven forbid our pve-peens would diminish drastically if some other lower guild was doing the same ! The Last Watch were just pve freaks, who did everything first, c'est la vie ! Yussef, our illustrious leader even had a 3 page spead on Daoc.europe homepage, imagine the humongous size of his pve-peen at the time !

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol :p

Once clustering hit, every tom dick and harry guild farmed ML10, no disputing that.

But it is a FACT that The last watch were the only guilding farming ML10 >at the time<, so yes you got me on that, i was not specific. And 'farming' as in 4 night a week, every week, heck I know for a fact I was the only healer on the server with the ML10 cloak, ( so mace/leggins/bp)

my god we checked at the time, heaven forbid our pve-peens would diminish drastically if some other lower guild was doing the same ! The Last Watch were just pve freaks, who did everything first, c'est la vie ! Yussef, our illustrious leader even had a 3 page spead on Daoc.europe homepage, imagine the humongous size of his pve-peen at the time !

I had a centre page spread of my balls. It was magnified so my e-peen was HUGE!

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
I havent read through the entire thread, but i dont think GoA will be able to do the same tricks with Warhammer. Fact is that 1) Mythic is now EA Mythic, so its a MUCH larger company with more influence. 2) Warhammer will have a much larger player base than DAoC.

These 2 facts together is something that GoA just can't ignore. If GoA fuck's up with War its likely that they will get a bad rep as a server host. Another thing is that with DAoC's relative small EU player base its not like the end of the world for them to loose some 40% of the players. If the playerbase on the other hand is in the millions a 40% loss of players will be a serious hit for GoA.

Becaus of this, i think GoA, by the time that War arrives, will have learned alot from their mistakes.. got some propper gear for hosting the beast and learned to make propper backup of their databases(poke @ prydwen).

Just my 10c

Q

Qisrogtsdpgfsgdjg

Thats the first part you screwed up, according to the poll, its not true and most EU will give GAO their slice of pie once again!

Ignorance is bliss. Just because 50 or so FH whiners want to go USA doesn't mean the 1000s of active DAoCs who played before people like you ruined the game would go to US too. Dreami summed it up perfectly, about 95% of these people would go to EU servers.

Unfortunatly, it's those who have the biggest mouths who are heard the most.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
2) Warhammer will have a much larger player base than DAoC.

How can you know? People always will say they come but it's not always the reality,it even might be that game sucks and has less players than Daoc.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
How can you know? People always will say they come but it's not always the reality,it even might be that game sucks and has less players than Daoc.
I seriously beleive it will, in its hayday, DAoC only boasted about 50k give or take, back then there were far less people on the net, or with decent connections or PCs to play games like this, now with WOW pulling (so they say) 3 million players, and that getting a bit old hat, theres a huge market to tap into. I wouldnt be surprised if WAR breaks the 1 mil mark, whether it beats WOW is another ball game, and tbh I doubt it will unless EAthic pull out a few advertising tricks, and GOA take their fingers out of the orifice it was in when it should have been plugging DAOC in EU and actually make its name known.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
Im heading to War as soon as it comes out but im split between euro and US atm. Im playing US classic atm and i think the service is really good, no lag, nice rvr around the clock (apart from a few hours in the afternoon on weekends) and the customer service is really good.
I dont trust goa and i think they really need to come out saying that the servers will be prepeared for the huge amounts of players inc to this game. I renewed eu account about 2 weeks ago (bad mistake) and i had lag with only 75 ppl playing, what are the servers gonna be like with over 10k warhammer tabletop players that could be inc and all the old daoc players along with alot of wow players also. Another concern is that after a certain time in uk, lets say midnight, the number of players will be reduced allowing things like alarm clock raids like we saw on daoc to take keeps etc, where as if i play on US servers it tends to busy all day long. Will goa place somekind of lock on taking keeps at quite times stopping "alarm clock raid" from happening, i really dont want to start somekind of raid then to log on next day and see all the hard work gone cause of a few ppl who can play early mornings. A little part of me wants to stay on euro though so i can get to see old friends again :D

p.s ive not played beta yet so i dont know if the alarm clock raid crap would work, its just something i really hated on daoc.

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
Well my bro and me are playing WAR beta and Ill tell you this much, if the service is anything like the beta forum atm they can fk well off.

It seems to us that Requiel still has his favourites as in daoc theres a few guys that can get away with anything, they spend most of there time trying to get folks kicked from beta, its like a witch hunt, so much so that a few of us wont post on the forum anymore

The worse one of all is a dude called Nater hes got opinion on pretty much every post. his mom and dad must have ignored him as a kid nothing but an attension seeker and loves to brown nose for Requiel.

If this is a view of things to come then im deff off to the US

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
In wow you actually need strategies and tactics on the bosses which makes them so much more exciting and interesting. No game that i know of comes close to that

Urm EverQuest was doing it back in 1999 albeit on a smaller scale. There's nothing actually new in WoW's encounters given the people designing them are ex EQ raid guild leaders ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
that is... madness

no we just want to play with ppl in our timezone.

i play on US servers on EQ2 and Vanguard and its utter hell trying to get any form of group going without having to stay up all fucking night if you want to get something done.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I won't be playing WAR.

I CBA to play in a different timezone
& there's NO WAY I'm EVER going to play another GOA game.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I won't be playing WAR.

I CBA to play in a different timezone
& there's NO WAY I'm EVER going to play another GOA game.

And it looks too... warhammerish (hate war40k). Everything looks so blocky aswel.

Tho, i can´t see why they wouldn´t make a universal server instead of splitting up in EU / US.

Martok

Part of the furniture
End of the day people will watn to play within their region of the world. US being the only other major landmass outisde of europe. this is why they are split.

Now with reguards to GoA hosting the servers yes they are in dublin and whats more EA are providing some of the best equipment to help host on to prevent some of the shite service we have received earlyer.

GoA have been forced in many areas to change their policys when EA took over mythic and have made a fair few contracted changes from the original Contract between GoA and Mythic as is their right under contract law from both EU and US this has allowed EA Mythic to have much more input on how the EU servers will be run.

:england: So the servers will be closer to home and better as no french open transit.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I won't believe it before i read an official statement as per where the server will be hosted. Also the great start on the all Eu CE pre order thingie doesn't put the hope bar any higher about a real change from the usual Goa's going.

Martok

Part of the furniture
well i dought you will read any of this in any offical statement with the exception of were the servers are being hosted but that was released ages ago.

This infomation i have got from 2 people i know who have obtained jobs working for GoA on Warhammer.

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Does anyone know if there will be in game CSR support? Or given that the Euro DAoC website is trying to make out how good a system RightNow is - will we be lumbered *cough*, I mean blessed, with another similar web based "did you know you can ALT+TAB!" system?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
GoA have been forced in many areas to change their policys when EA took over mythic and have made a fair few contracted changes from the original Contract between GoA and Mythic as is their right under contract law from both EU and US this has allowed EA Mythic to have much more input on how the EU servers will be run.

So, now they have been forced to change it from: "Working as intended" to "Working as EA intended". Im not sure whic one i would go for....

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
right. now i would like to say that i definately would prefer mythic to have gone with a different company and i suspect that if EA hadnt come along with more money and better lawyers then GOA wouldnt have been pinned down to whatever agreement they now have to provide better or identical support to the US distribution.

Now, I want to play Warhammer asap and I want to play the beta so I have preordered the CE edition from play.com which means I am playing the beta (and release) in Europe. Everyone who says that previous problems were isolated, well I guess i will take your word on it and give them another try.

On a better note, I have been frequenting the warhammeralliance forums quite alot and the responses there from GOA to questions about the europe CE code distribution have been quite rapid and have actually given the impression that someone cares.

i hope it continues and for now i am onboard with the european distribution. no one needs to clap and cheer. its just the way it is.

Reznet

Fledgling Freddie
anyone else feel like commenting on this one?

what a giant balls up.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
right. now i would like to say that i definately would prefer mythic to have gone with a different company and i suspect that if EA hadnt come along with more money and better lawyers then GOA wouldnt have been pinned down to whatever agreement they now have to provide better or identical support to the US distribution.

Now, I want to play Warhammer asap and I want to play the beta so I have preordered the CE edition from play.com which means I am playing the beta (and release) in Europe. Everyone who says that previous problems were isolated, well I guess i will take your word on it and give them another try.

On a better note, I have been frequenting the warhammeralliance forums quite alot and the responses there from GOA to questions about the europe CE code distribution have been quite rapid and have actually given the impression that someone cares.

i hope it continues and for now i am onboard with the european distribution. no one needs to clap and cheer. its just the way it is.

has goas beta of war gone as smoothly as mythics?

i think not, so much from learning from mythics experience....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, as much as i wanted to believe that GOA actually was going to improve on things (yes i know its still beta and limited customer support and all that shit) but when they can't even get the beta key registration to work properly..

i could get all fancy and make a list of it all but its just easier for you all (well ok then, me) to read the war beta boards.

so i canceled my preorder. can't say the game in general apealed to me either tbh :( which is a shame because i actually did look forward to this game. but the classes is just to, i dunno, theres just something about them that feels wrong and i can't put my finger on it.

the only thing i actually found fun in the game were the PQ's. i did lots and lots of rvr on the closed beta test, and even if i do like zerg fests there really isnt much point in it. other then to get better "rvr" gear. capping the enemy capital hardly made any significant change in balance. all the winner gets are x% bonus to XP/RP gain. the losing side can still enter their capital and the winner cant enter the losing sides capitol once the instance fights are over.

guess i was expecting to much.

but as a guildy said, its just a bad mix of WoW and DAoC :(

but i'l be keeping my eyes open on the patch notes once the game goes live. perhaps, or rather, hopefully they have been keeping stuff unimplemented that makes all of this make sense. because right now, exept for the keeps, its not THAT much different from Alterac Valley (a infamous WoW battleground) in terms of pvp.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
has goas beta of war gone as smoothly as mythics?

i think not, so much from learning from mythics experience....

well, disregarding the cockup of the beta key registration its pretty ok.

Tilda

Closed. Old thread. Wrong forum.

Warning issued for bumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom