So BroadSword somewhat announced a new server type

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Quoted directly from their post

"In this spirit, we have been working on a new server type. It wouldn’t be precisely accurate to call it an ‘Event Server’, though in some ways it can be thought of in that way. The scope and scale of the content will be larger, and access to the dynamics of the new server will be available for longer periods than our typical events or campaigns on Ywain. Simply put, we will provide the opportunity to start your journey on a level playing field, to focus on (or remove) specific expansion content and have wholly new and very exciting objectives!

This is our goal, and I hope it’s enough (for now) to know that we’ve made a solid beginning toward achieving that goal. Trust me, old friends, when I tell you that we’re aware that you are itching to know more – I certainly cannot wait to share more with you! Until that time, however, it is my fervent hope that we may rely on the trust and good faith with which you have honored us for so long. I will be providing regular updates here on the Camelot Herald, in our monthly Newsletters - and you can catch us lurking in our official Discord channel!

With the utmost sincerity and gratitude, the team here at Broadsword thanks you for being a part of this community, and we are looking forward to yet another chapter in the history of our beloved Dark Age of Camelot.

Faithfully yours,
Eldariian"

Pretty sure the server would be lively at first, not convinced they can keep it lively in the long run though. Thoughts?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Make the game properly freemium, it's their only option now surely?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Make a live I50 server with buffbots, 0% increase in anything else other than Gold. Give everyone generic templates which can be improved with gold/other crap which drops.

RIP shards.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Make a live I50 server with buffbots, 0% increase in anything else other than Gold. Give everyone generic templates which can be improved with gold/other crap which drops.

RIP shards.

Needs to be an element of pay to win or pay to skin though.

Would people care about skins on daoc though?

Overdriven

Needs to be an element of pay to win or pay to skin though.

Would people care about skins on daoc though?

Cash for: Instant realm ranks. (£5 for RR2, 10 for RR3, etc etc etc)
Cash for: 10%/20%/30% (etc) gained RPs per kill for x minutes/hours
Cash for: 10%/20%/etc buff duration.
Cash for: Buffs don't drop on death for x minutes/hours
Cash for: If ressurected you come back with full health for x minutes/hours
Cash for: Skill timers reduced by 10%/20% (etc) for x minutes/hours.
Cash for: Skins/Decals/Effects on gear.
Cash for: Crafting (If they put it in) has x % to double your points per craft for x time.

Hell, throw in a battle pass system for doing raids at L50 (Or something) - Kinda like ML/CL but you gain something aesthetically fun/perks every few levels. (Like.. Diablo's Paragon system?)

Just to name a few.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How about cash for a entertaining experience? And not £lol a month either. What is it now? $15?

Live is an absolute car crash, and they just keep adding to it. Roll it all back to just after TOA (but balanced, artis/MLs for BPs etc) with some QOL, add events, job jobbed.

They missed the boat with a classic server, phoenix did that exceptionally.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
When you got on broadswords website they seem to have like a fuck load of employees. it makes you wonder, what do they do, and how do they pay for it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think they get a fair chunk of cash from Ultima. They have form for keeping MMOs going, why they can't get DAOC right is beyond me.

Overdriven

I'd try live once again if the
I think they get a fair chunk of cash from Ultima. They have form for keeping MMOs going, why they can't get DAOC right is beyond me.

When they sort out the shitty UI issues I think a lot of people would try it again. We've moved on from 1080i monitors. They just need to re-do all the hud/minimap/questt icons and just do what every other MMO does.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'd try live once again if the

When they sort out the shitty UI issues I think a lot of people would try it again. We've moved on from 1080i monitors. They just need to re-do all the hud/minimap/questt icons and just do what every other MMO does.

They have on live apparently, scalable now. Though it didn't work on Atlas when I tried it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll try the server, I just can't see it succeeding because Shards are just better for the most part, they'd have to do ALOOOOOOOOT to beat Shard appeal.

Overdriven

I'll try the server, I just can't see it succeeding because Shards are just better for the most part, they'd have to do ALOOOOOOOOT to beat Shard appeal.

Problem with shards is that very few people are updating the core base, so a lot of the "new" features aren't being pushed into core due to no one packet capturing (amongst other things) - Would be nice if there was the skillset on the current (dead) DOL dev team. All the guys I use to work with CBA any more because of 0 interest in ever helping the build server.

Meh shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom