A Unwritten Rule.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Since this has come up a few times last month i wanne clear this 1 up.
I dont know how things work on other servers, but in Prydwen i never had any complaints about so called arti stealing or encounter stealing.

But since cluster i hear it a LOT.

Ill say now, If some1 is Camping an encounter/Artifact it is his encounter/mob. It is up to u who c that person camping to ask if he's going to do it or not, if he needs help or if u can join. U just dont come with a group and steal it in front of that person, that is plain disrespectfull.

Its also up to the player camping to respond to the player asking the questions.
There are cases where ppl do AFK-camping. If the person doesnt reply u in the next 10 minutes hes presumed as a AFK-camper. So at that time U can take the right upon u to claim the mob.

The reason why i make this thread is for an incident where 2 guild were involved. I had a talk with some ppl of those guilds and they got their ban lifted.

If any1 shows me the right Screenies to prove some1 breaking this rule, he will be banned from my raid + ill show this also to my fellow Raid leaders as we work together to stop ppl from messing around.

Tx for taking ure time to read this.
If bluesky thinks this is worth a sticky he may do it.

Greets Vav.

Limitless

Fledgling Freddie
Well.. technically the one who got the item in his backpack first, gets the item - seems logical to me.

If I see a level 20 character named heheicampgov standing there I wont hesitate in summoning my own crew to do the encounter.

It dosent say anything about "camping" an artifact in the code of conduct - it says the one who start the encounter first, get the drops/items.

You're not forced to speak to random people standing in the middle of nowhere just because they play the game aswell :p and furthermore there is lots of people on the european servers that do NOT read theese forums.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
While I agree with you Vavi, and I think its just being polite what you say to do. Unfortunately I dont think many will agree, since according to the COC is first come first served in terms of who starts the encounter first.

What I do find funny, is that all the people who will hide behind the COC as an excuse for their behaviour, will give you this excuse, right after they probably broken the COC by either sharing an account or many more things.

As you see, COC quoting is purely down to convinience

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Limitless said:
Well.. technically the one who got the item in his backpack first, gets the item - seems logical to me.

If I see a level 20 character named heheicampgov standing there I wont hesitate in summoning my own crew to do the encounter.

It dosent say anything about "camping" an artifact in the code of conduct - it says the one who start the encounter first, get the drops/items.

You're not forced to speak to random people standing in the middle of nowhere just because they play the game aswell :p and furthermore there is lots of people on the european servers that do NOT read theese forums.

ill say this in my Bg's aswell + as the thread sais Unwriten rule. I dont care about the CoC, if u want it u can get past that silly thing how much u want if u listen to ppl. i just said what bothering ppl lately and what i will do against it(and the others)

Greets vav.

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Limitless said:

Well it does say......
daoc_roc.txt said:
Rules of good conduct
Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated.
Of course, we expect our members to express themselves using correct language. Similarly, racist, xenophobic or revisionist remarks, or remarks displaying intolerance of a religious, ideological, philosophical or similar nature will not be accepted.
"Flooding" (the rapid systematic repetition of one phrase, which interferes with communication between users) is forbidden, as is all abuse of the means of communication that can be accessed on the site.
It is forbidden to pretend to be a volunteer, a Gamemaster or a member of the GOA team.
It is forbidden to indulge in hacking (pirating) activities and to encourage others to indulge in them. It is also forbidden to distribute software enabling such activities to be practised, or viruses and other programs or scripts that may harm other users.
The role of volunteers is to help other players (often sacrificing some of their own playing time in the process). We will react particularly strongly to any persecution of or threats made to volunteers, as we will to any such behaviour directed at GOA and the people working for it.
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.
GOA accommodates servers in three different languages (English, French and German). You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels, please use the language of the server.
Users are expected, and by that I think, it's fair to say that, if person A camped an artie for xhour, and person B+zerg shows up minutes before person A get a chance to get his zerg in place. Well thats not respect in my book towards a fellow player, the fun in gameplaying simply dies.

Now ofc theres going to be extreamly hard to decide in some case who acctualy got "claim" to enc and arti.
10min for a afk-camper to reply seams like a good rule thou. If an person doesnt relpy but could, he is then the one not showing respect towards his fellow players.

Either way in patch 1.81 we will get rid of this stupid camping of arties :clap:
Kill the greed.............:twak:

Aarween

Fledgling Freddie
but what if someone camps, let say Jacina's on a tuesday evening on prydwen... don't know how that would be possible with all the agro but this is just meant as an example...

This someone just plays the game, he never bothered finding out what daoc forums really are or anything... he doesn't know about FH and doesn't know about the FFA raid...

Anyhow, at 20:30 or something the FFA raid zerg shows up... should they just "ok guys, Jacina's camped, see you all on saturday" just because one person is there waiting for his homies to arrive...

every coin got two sides :p

oh... and I'm not saying that I think refering blindly to the CoC is a good idea... however I'm not saying it's not a good idea either... I prefer not to take any side in this :p

Nate

FH is my second home
also say a summ sm is farming ml 2.10 and an ml raid is happening, what do u do then? and weenie ;o i dont think someone can get to ml10 and not know about freddys :p i've had occasions where im camping an arti, it pops and i have to log another char to do the enc. in that time another person could login and camp, im confused about this case..most of the time i would share the enc and roll for the arti, also if the group dies, comes back and finds someone else camping it, who's would it be? :(

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Limitless said:

Have you actually read vavires post or do you simply not care about anyone other than yourself and just like to argue with ppl?

Yes we all know the rules of whoever hits first "owns" the mob but have some common decency and respect for your fellow players.

If I hear of ppl being disrespectful regarding "camping/stealing"etc and someone shows me evidence then they and their entire guild may be banned from my raids.

Limitless

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
Have you actually read vavires post or do you simply not care about anyone other than yourself and just like to argue with ppl?

How is posting a reply to a thread arguing with people? I'm just posting my own oppinion. Ofcourse most people want respect and decency but not all people care about it, and I'm not saying that I dont care because I do.

Just a little quote reminder
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
I'd vote for a sticky if it wasn't for the fact you can't be bothered to spell the word "one" out.

Boomling

Fledgling Freddie
I totally agree with vavires:clap:
when a arti moob pops its offen u tell about in /gc so as many peeps as possible can get encounter from guild. It will take time before all is ready,then u get pissed of if some selfish peeps just shows up and take it. If you ask the peeps already there u usually can join so no need to rush in before all is in place.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Sure 1.81 will solve alot of problems, i mean most folks(not all) that steam a arti while someone esle is camping usually are greedy fecks and want it for themselfs to sell, but seeing as there will be no arti drops come 1.81 the greed is quite simply removed from the encounter.

-Hayfever-

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's a very good rule but then you wont have everyone agree'ing to it.

Look how many greedy gits out there that that want it all.

Herjulf

Banned
There is no such unwritten rule.

Silly shit.

If i see an encounter up, and i summon my crew first. Its ours.
As easy as that.

If some1 tries and fails. And im there its ours.

a lvl20 camp bot have NO rights to ANY encounter. That is how it is and how it will always be. No prydwen Mickey mouse rules applies here.

Edit: ofc they can join and get encounter. But arti and drops are ours unless we feel kind. (have in the past donated SoM, Mad Tales, battler etc).

And no this stupid thread deserve no sticky.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I dont get this whole discussion :(

rule this rule that, coc me here coc me there..:/
to me more than often it seems people are most likely to take the side that benifits them, be it first come first serve or camping,

shouldnt the rule be, be fair to the situation ?
now what do i mean by that ? well simple, and i'll list a few examples,
Take the senario of a chap with 2 computers and two accounts, now he parks a bot "reguardless of level" at an encounter and proceeds to play his main account i rvr or on another raid or farming or what ever, how does he deserve that arti any more than a full grp that on an artifact raid that have taken the time and effort to arrange it ? simply by parking a bot at the spot ? "i dont get it"

second senario, a group is at an encounter, they have whats needed or simply wiating for one more to arrive or buffing up, now a nother grp, or focus team arives and storms in and starts the encounter, this in my view is very disrespecfull to the people who took the time to pre pair for this, some might have left other "important things" or might just need credit or what ever, you the guy who rushes in takes no considerance to your fellow realm mates what so ever, why not stop and ask wahts going on, are they ready ? would they be willing to roll, do they just need credit, ect and so on,

so thease are basicly the two oposit ends of the specrum and well guess there are plenty inbetweens, and i could go on listing examples i guess but cba ;)

the rough "creed" i follow when it comes to such things is, talk to the camper or group, or to the people that arive as you get ready to do an encounter, ask what thier objective are, and inform them of your own. Do not claim something you cannot achive on your own or with your group in a given situation, if you are the one that arives at and another group is trying to do an encounter, give them ampel time and chance to achive it, if they cannot then offer to join and roll, make sure no missunder standings arise by making clear that either only the ones needing it "make sure they say who, before suggesting this" roll or if it's a free role. if you find something is up, but cannot do it on your own, rather than fight with the others at the spot, accept it and simply try to get the maximal out of the given situation, may it only be credit for the time being,

by doing so you'll find you end up with alot less grief and you'll also find that you'll get further with it in the long run as others will take notice of your general behavior and will be less likely to fight you for a given encounter, or even help you achive it without asking anything in return since you did the same for them or thier friend, guildie ect, and yes there will always be idiots, best thing is to simply ignore them and move on, they are who they are, and fighting with them will get you exactly No where, and niether can you hope to change them, so save your self the grief, and if they break the CoC simply report them and let it be..and try to avoid any of thier futuer raids ect,

thats one of the things that imo lacks in daoc is action vs conciquence between players, you'll fight someone over an artifact, go to Fh and whine about them, yet couple weeks later you'll be telling your Gl in a rvr grp to invite him cuase his good, or you'll join his next ml raid or what ever becuase you need it, start showing some conciquence and they might rethink thier actions, or well hehe at least maybe some will, ;)

thats my 2 cents ;)

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
There is no such unwritten rule.

Silly shit.

If i see an encounter up, and i summon my crew first. Its ours.
As easy as that.

If some1 tries and fails. And im there its ours.

And no this stupid thread deserve no sticky.

Guess that is the kind of attitude that got the hole treed started Hjerulf.

As you probably would say doing what you do isn’t against the CoC. Sure it isn’t, but if you by doing so are getting people offended, I guess you have to live with the consequences of the action.

If people leading raids thinks that is disrespectful they are allowed to ban you from their raids, like others wouldn’t invite you to a group if you where looking for one.

So try think of it as this. Is it worth getting an artifact of the cost of not participating in any raids? If it is, then no one really can stop you.

It is up to all the players in the game to do what they like within the CoC, but to expect that it is the only rules in the game is just plain stupid. Like in the real world not everything is controlled by legislation and laws. There you have to meet the standards and demands of the people that surround you. Why would you expect that to be different in the game?

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
Limitless said:
Just a little quote reminder
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

And wow are you just and idiot by using such a quote. Calling participants of the Special Olympics for retards and not handicapped athletes got to make you proud.

If I heard that quote in RL - guess that was just 10 sec before I would hammer a fist through you face....

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
also say a summ sm is farming ml 2.10 and an ml raid is happening, what do u do then?
GOA stated a long time ago that if someone is farming an ML step, they must give way to players who want that step, and cannot deny others access to it first.

The "camping" thing to me sucks, if I see an ML9 SM camping an arti, then hes just farming, and to me getting credit for someone should come under the same rules as ML steps, move over and let others get it, you have your credit why deny others. Often I see the words "We camping this" and reply "I see no tents, and it doesnt say proprty of XXX" on it anywhere!" and wait as well.

I have only ever camped 1 artifact (CS), and when it popped I formed a group but before we were all assembled, a certain other guild (anyone from Mid Excal will know who) popped an ML9 pet and just did it, despite the SM in question already wearing it. We asked to group with him and got told to sod off more or less, and he logged as soon as it was done. The second time one of his guild asked to join us, so I recipricated the favour and he tried to join in anyway, silly because its a group step and he just wasted 15 mins of his life beating on a mob for no gain.

Excal Mid does have some greedy assholes, but one thing I will say, its no longer "Pryd" or "Excal", but a hybrid, and you have to get used to us being here to stay Im afraid, "excal" rules are not always the same as yours, and you cant really force them upon us in certain repects. The camping thing is merely showing curtesy, some wil some wont.

As for waiting 10 minutes, sorry, if someone is parked there and doesnt reply to PMs, hes afk and forefits his right to the encouter. If I am doing it, I will offer a /BG invite, if he doesnt accept thats his fault, not mine. Just "being there" doent claim anything.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Well tbh first one to pull and kill the mob are the owner of an arti.
If you were too slow GL next time and dont post QQ threads " OH j00 liek stole my arti n' shit" because you had camped there dont mean you have gotten the right of the arti somehow. kthx

Henx

Fledgling Freddie
adoNix said:
Well tbh first one to pull and kill the mob are the owner of an arti.
If you were too slow GL next time and dont post QQ threads " OH j00 liek stole my arti n' shit" because you had camped there dont mean you have gotten the right of the arti somehow. kthx

But If ya ready to kill it and waiting for friends to come for encounter, that just sux..

Think that is more the frustration of people than the camping issues. In my case I could have take then Mob, informed people about it - but wanted to wait to get credit to guildmates and friends incomming. Still encounter got pulled and was told tough luck - followed by /anon, and no replies to any pm's.

In my books that is being rude and equal to stealing encounter + artifact.

Faril

Banned
Bluesky said:
If I hear of ppl being disrespectful regarding "camping/stealing"etc and someone shows me evidence then they and their entire guild may be banned from my raids.
harsh banning whole guild, really

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
It's nothing but good manners to let someone camping the arti take a shot at it first, as long as he isn't afk or anything. And if he doesn't have people ready in 5-10 minutes it's tough luck for that person.

So many people are not capable of camping, due to jobs, families, bingedrinking, you name it. Why would they not have the right to get an artefact as well, compared to the people that can spend over 20 hours a day standing there?

And who decides, against the CoC, that camping an artefact would make it yours? Normally I'd respect someone camping, but that's purely my own choice, as it is to everyone in the game.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
1. I stand with my word, ppl breaking this will not be allowed on my raids, just as blue said. Ure screwing up out community!

2. Ppl spending there 20hours have put time and effort to stand there and wait, so they have the right for it. If ppl ask if he can join for credit or for a roll for the artie 9/10 a person will allow u to join, unless if hes on of those arti stealers ofc, they are greedy and dont care what others think or say.

Vav.

Dest

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno why you bother posting this down. Its an unwritten rule thats not backed up by GOA so why write it down and get it sticky here on FH? Uhh ppl getting banned from your raids?? Ofcourse its being polite to let the person that camped the artifact for 20+ hours give it a shot. I also see it the other way around... I think its silly camping arties etc for so long. Wouldnt it be nice if people just carried on doing their stuff if the encounter was down and just check later?

Anyways... patch 1.81 will probably change all this.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hehe aye give 1.81 asap, and dont "camp"

the reasoning/motive beind camping is no better nor noble than the ones that rush in.!

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
If you ever are going to get youre artis done you have to kill it on sight, atleast some encounters as CS etc.
But ofc if i only need encounter i will rather ask for encounter than taking the mob first.
I olso think it sux when you have been camping something for a while and it gets taken before youre crew gets there, but hey thats life and you cant do anything with it. And belive me, this has happened to me countless times so i know what it feels like. But still the fastest gets it. CS is a very stupid encounter :p first when the mob have poped you have to get the quest - do the quest and then u can kill him for the enc + arti :p preq should be removed imo.

and i allways let people get credit to the arti im doing to get that clear.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
I as GM in Norsefejd had a member ones that acutally did this with GoLM artifacts/encounter. It was camped by a prydwen player and the member of my guild was from excal and he simply jsut ran in and startet to hit the GoLM mob while the camper of the artifacts is intercepting it and was starting to hit it.. My guild member killed it got credit adn activatet the artifacts since it droped.. I had to give him a choice to ither give the artifact back to the camper if the cmaper could accept it or to leave our guild forever. And he choice to leave and show his coldhartet back to os in norsefejd.. It was a relaly sad day to see somthing like that happen and thats why i think this should be stoped and be set to an end asap. Excal People a Camper to a artifact/Enccounter/Quest mob or what ever it should be you can camp is HIS!! and not who's hitting it first..

Calo

Part of the furniture
Faril said:
harsh banning whole guild, really

Bluesky seems to think he's the only capable of leading a dr or any other raid. You aint bluesky so open your eyes.

"If you come close to my arti's ill ban whole prydwen from my ml10 raids!!!!!!"

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
Bluesky seems to think he's the only capable of leading a dr or any other raid. You aint bluesky so open your eyes.

"If you come close to my arti's ill ban whole prydwen from my ml10 raids!!!!!!"
rofl where on earth did all this hostility come from ? Do you actualy know me or ever been on my raids?

No way i think like that so I have no idea where your small minded view has come from. Many ppl have led dragon raids: Tesla, Ormorof, Durgi, Healler to name but 4 and i know theres more too.

Quite why you think im some kind of egomaniac is downright idiotic and tbh I dont give a crap about attitudes like yours - if ppl dont like my raids they dont come and no bother to me whatsoever.

Personally I dont like selfish and greedy ppl and im fully supporting vavires idea of the "unwritten rule" and if you dont like it, again i dont particularly care.

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
people that come by and pull artis before the ones that camp it might have been done the same thing to so they are abit tired of it and when they see the mob up they think, well if people can do that to me i can sure do that too people. ofc if theres standing enough people there to take it i would not pull it, i would give the people that stand there a go and if they wipe i will try it, i think that is fair. but if theres standing only one guy there without a team capable of doing the arti and i have a team with me i will pull it.

This was what i really meant btw :p not the post over saying i will snatch artis if it is a team standing there :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom