A Unwritten Rule.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Omg you are full of hot air :rolleyes:
If I treat ppl in this game as my friends I will be SOOOO disappointed all the time. I’m not going to let ppl I treat as friends disappoint and laugh at me. Been there done that. Too bad you weren’t there to experience that. Because you weren’t you have no clue about how things work on this server.
To exclude ppl from raids for doing things as they have done for a LONG time on Excal is wrong. Do it and piss of a lot of ppl. Simple.
And all your "I wont play with ppl I don’t like" is a load of BS. Sure if you are talking about being in guilds/RvR grps every day, yes you would have a valid point, BUT this is realm events (FFA you know??). It’s not like you are playing "WITH" them if they tag along some ML4 zerg or something.
I and the others you tell to read your posts again UNDERSTAND your post. We just think you are full of BS and don’t agree with you. Is that ok with you??

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
I just keep sighing...some people...

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Ok, one last remark:
This one made me laugh, considering your truly brilliant argumentative performance so far. :)

Two things here:

1. I`m well aware that you´re denying the enforcing thingy. You´ve said that multiple times. But I simply don´t believe you and tried to show, that what you say and what you want are two different things. Hence the mentioning of Pilate.

2. If you really.. REALLY think that enforcing was my only argument, then you haven´t read my posts properly. Enforcing your rules was just one aspect of my arguments. Occasionally, people are making serveral points during a discussion. So far, you failed to reply to my other points, trying to reduce my posts to this one aspect.

I just keep sighing...somewhere I would just like to shake some people up and say to them: Go back to school, learn somthing and finish it this time...when youve done your 20 or so years come back and make arguments again.

First off...you laughing at random things is abit wierd...might want to check that out. What you consider and what you dont consider brilliant is really not an issue here...and I really dobt that anyone in the world cares or pays any kind of money for your views what so ever.

1) Yes you are but you didnt say that, you tried bad sarcastics that was just laughable.

Hmm...you tried to show me that ? Oki lets take a look at that "showing" shall we ?

Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Oh, sorry, of course you´re not trying to enforce anything with your rules and punishments and scaring off and banning, eh Pilate? Of course, banning entire guilds for the actions of single people is ok in your books. People, who don´t have anything to do with you and your twisted obsession for artifacts. And you´re telling me that you´re doing this in the name of good spirit and atmosphere? Quite obviously, your own ideas are more important to you than treating your realmmates in a fair way.
Fountain of hipocrisy.

I just lack to see any kind of argument for why this is enforcing something ? Is it the: "is okay in your book" thats the argument ? If you think that is an argument you really have to go back to school as I said in my openining in this post.

2) Your arguments within the posts where you argue with me holds no arguments about anything what so ever...however you have made a long post with arguments eariler which you never refer too and has already been answered by others. IF thats what you want me to answere yet again on, then you really should have said so somewhere.

You blantatly start off with pointless banter and ignorant comments without making arguments what so ever when you mindlessly hurl yourself into a discussion. I promise you if its a nice, decent discussion you want, where you can grow and actually learn stuff and maybe even reach up to the level of the person you are arguing with, try to make polite arguments without intellectually challanged comments and stupid remarks.

/Charmangle

ps. Now go out and try it...im sure you can do it and I have faith in you...someday you will make it!:) ds

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Please, dont tell people to go back to school. Considering your spelling, one could think that you are using your nose to type with.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I promise you if its a nice, decent discussion you want, where you can grow and actually learn stuff and maybe even reach up to the level of the person you are arguing with, try to make polite arguments without intellectually challanged comments and stupid remarks.

lol
k :)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
But then again I would also not allow them to come...

noaim said:
If you think people ingame are like RL friends you really need to get a reality check. You dont know the people, the guy camping CS is the guy standing before you in line at the grocery store. Would you lend him money if he needed it and asked you? I mean, he is your friend, you dont know him, you never spoke to him, but you should treat him as if he was your best RL friend, and you would lend him a few bucks if he needed it because he forgot his wallet at home, wouldnt you?

I agree that I most probably would not lend the random person the money...but I would really like a world were I did!:)

BUT

I would also not let the same random person join on my organized outings without paying me a heapload of money. So the bans should by that argument be okay then ?:) (Unless they pay the raidleader lets say: 50 plats per raid:)

/Charmangle

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:

The irony is that his only so called "argument" is that the people that disagree with him either didnt read, or understand what he said, while its obvious that he himself is the one either not reading, or understanding what is being said.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
noaim said:
Please, dont tell people to go back to school. Considering your spelling, one could think that you are using your nose to type with.

Not everyone is of Anglo-Saxon desent. I really get the creep when people don't comment on content but have to revert to commenting on others spelling.

Erulin the Bloody

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
I agree that I most probably would not lend the random person the money...but I would really like a world were I did!:)

BUT

I would also not let the same random person join on my organized outings without paying me a heapload of money. So the bans should by that argument be okay then ?:) (Unless they pay the raidleader lets say: 50 plats per raid:)

/Charmangle

I dont know if this has gotten through to you yet, but I for one dont give 1 flying fuck about your raids, and if you wanna ban people for them, for all I care you could do it for fun. What I am trying to get through to you is that camping an artifact is just as disrespectful towards people with limited time, as you think it is when people take an arti that you or one of your friends camped infront of your nose because they were faster than you.

Also, just out of curiosity, if you wouldnt invite random persons to your outings, so the bans by that argument would be ok, wtf does the bans matter if you only invite people you already know anyways?

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well that might have more to do with answering tons of stupid posts like this one...

noaim said:

Well that might have more to do with answering tons of stupid posts like this one than actual knowledge maybe. I concentrate my efforts on thinking through my posts instead of spell checking them atm.

You really dont want me to correct the grammer and spelling in your posts now do you ? (It wouldnt make you look good I assure you)

/Charmangle

ps. And where do I tell people to go back to school btw ? All I can see is me saying that I would like to say it and that if something is one way then they should go back to school...hmm...do you need me to interpret that ?ds

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
Not everyone is of Anglo-Saxon desent. I really get the creep when people don't comment on content but have to revert to commenting on others spelling.

Erulin the Bloody

The spelling is part of the content, and I didnt bring up the "go back to school" shit, I just pointed out that if he is gonna use that as another of his "brilliant arguments" maybe he should make sure it cant be used against him.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Needs-More-Pussy_less_sausage.jpg

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
And what you are having trouble understanding is...

noaim said:
I dont know if this has gotten through to you yet, but I for one dont give 1 flying fuck about your raids, and if you wanna ban people for them, for all I care you could do it for fun. What I am trying to get through to you is that camping an artifact is just as disrespectful towards people with limited time, as you think it is when people take an arti that you or one of your friends camped infront of your nose because they were faster than you.
Let me ask you something...

How many posts here does it say that its okay for you to do as you wish, keep stealing artifacts, just dont expect people to treat you nicely or bring you with them after that ?

What im trying to get through to you is that you should stop whining about the bans and just go back to stealing your artifacts and the raidleaders should just go back to banning you and those who think like you.

I understand that it can be viewed in two ways. But itsnt those who ban people that are complainging about the artifact stealing here...its the otherway around...the artifact stealers that are complaining about the bans.

/Charmangle

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
This has to be one of the absolutly best and most honest of the arguments...

Kathal said:
Omg you are full of hot air :rolleyes:
If I treat ppl in this game as my friends I will be SOOOO disappointed all the time. I’m not going to let ppl I treat as friends disappoint and laugh at me. Been there done that. Too bad you weren’t there to experience that. Because you weren’t you have no clue about how things work on this server.
To exclude ppl from raids for doing things as they have done for a LONG time on Excal is wrong. Do it and piss of a lot of ppl. Simple.
And all your "I wont play with ppl I don’t like" is a load of BS. Sure if you are talking about being in guilds/RvR grps every day, yes you would have a valid point, BUT this is realm events (FFA you know??). It’s not like you are playing "WITH" them if they tag along some ML4 zerg or something.
I and the others you tell to read your posts again UNDERSTAND your post. We just think you are full of BS and don’t agree with you. Is that ok with you??

Gotto say...im impressed if only all could come up to this standard of maturity we could actually have a discussion...

One of the best put arguments and most honest ones also so far...

And you are RIGHT on all your beginning points, just abit sad that you return to the low level in the end. (except for maybe the hot air...its probably just gas from indigestion!:)

Anyway...to answere your points...

I KNOW excal has had a much harsher climate than Prydwen. I also know how it feels to get ripped off like that. And you extremly right when you say to ban people for doing as they have done for a long time is not fair. BUT thats not the arguments you have been making.

Its just been a freaking bitching about: We can do this ourselves so you cant get to us, We are laughing at your bans, We dont care, You cant enforce this bla bla bla...but the whines about the bans still keep comming strangly enough.

If the root of the problem is that everyone on excal has been so dissapointed so many times in the past by people who do this, that they just dont think it will work, then we have something to work with when discussing.

/Charmangle

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Let me ask you something...

How many posts here does it say that its okay for you to do as you wish, keep stealing artifacts, just dont expect people to treat you nicely or bring you with them after that ?

What im trying to get through to you is that you should stop whining about the bans and just go back to stealing your artifacts and the raidleaders should just go back to banning you and those who think like you.

I understand that it can be viewed in two ways. But itsnt those who ban people that are complainging about the artifact stealing here...its the otherway around...the artifact stealers that are complaining about the bans.

/Charmangle

Why dont you quote me where I whine about your bans? You keep saying "read the posts" etc, yet you havent understood that I dont care about your raids, your bans or your rules. You keep avoiding to reply on the issue if caming its disrespectful towards people with limited time to spend ingame, since you know it is.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
charmangle said:
If the root of the problem is that everyone on excal has been so dissapointed so many times in the past by people who do this, that they just dont think it will work, then we have something to work with when discussing.

Or maybe excal people don't care all that much about trying to make this work.

And yes, I've had quit a few arti's "stole" right from under my nose. And yes, I've read tons of threads about it. And yes, we've had 1 person camp Cloudsong for ages and selling them on Ebay for real life cash. But come febuari first everybody will be running around in the new DR armor and gear anyway and most arti's will be old news.

That doesn't mean I condone the act itself but you should really know the history of Excal (especially the above bold part, on the Alb side of Excal don't know about the mids I usualy keel em before they can answer my question or they me before I can finish it :p ) and why the words "camping" as per the starting post of this thread ruffles quit a few feathers.

Erulin the Bloody

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Why dont you quote me where I whine about your bans? You keep saying "read the posts" etc, yet you havent understood that I dont care about your raids, your bans or your rules. You keep avoiding to reply on the issue if caming its disrespectful towards people with limited time to spend ingame, since you know it is.

What ure saying is,
A person who plays 1h a day should get everything right?
Ppl who camp spend their time camping that, and its their own choice to spend their time on that or not. If u want to get arties and scrolls ull have to spend TIME on getting it. Either farming scrolls or farming something else to get money to buy the scrolls. so if they got so ess time as u say they will get nowhere.
besides its not about the fact u camping anymore were speaking off. Its about the resoect u have towards other ppl it ssimple as that and as i said 1 post ago if u dont understand that u need to respect ppl nor do u wanen respect ppl then ure a freaking idiot. Ppl who sit their spend their time casu ethey really want it diserves the right to pull the mob first rather then some1 comming along o sorry i dont go time for BS ill pull it now. if u ask the person if u can join he will say most likely yes u can. either is it for credit or to roll for it.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
vavires said:
Ppl who camp spend their time camping that, and its their own choice to spend their time on that or not.

Not all people CAN choose to spend their time on that. Some people have to work for a living. I recently restarted work after 1.5 years of due to sickleave so I can actually see both sides of this.

It is indeed somewhat unfair for casual players to get left in the cold. But there's nothing anyone can do about it except we go hang the jerk that makes us work :p :)

And again it's very frustrating to see the same person camp the same artifact over and over and over again and then seeing them appear for sale on Ebay... Oh, he was cool about inviting people for credit alright as they otherwise wouldn't bother buying his arti's on Ebay. My sorc is still waiting to get a shot at cloudsong

Erulin the Bloody

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
vavires said:
What ure saying is,
Ppl who camp spend their time camping that, and its their own choice to spend their time on that or not. If u want to get arties and scrolls ull have to spend TIME on getting it. Either farming scrolls or farming something else to get money to buy the scrolls. so if they got so ess time as u say they will get nowhere.
besides its not about the fact u camping anymore were speaking off. Its about the resoect u have towards other ppl it ssimple as that and as i said 1 post ago if u dont understand that u need to respect ppl nor do u wanen respect ppl then ure a freaking idiot. Ppl who sit their spend their time casu ethey really want it diserves the right to pull the mob first rather then some1 comming along o sorry i dont go time for BS ill pull it now. if u ask the person if u can join he will say most likely yes u can. either is it for credit or to roll for it.

Last time I say this: to claim an arti just because you have time to park your sorry ass there for 10 hours/day is NOT showing respect to the rest of the realm.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
Not all people CAN choose to spend their time on that. Some people have to work for a living. I recently restarted work after 1.5 years of due to sickleave so I can actually see both sides of this.

It is indeed somewhat unfair for casual players to get left in the cold. But there's nothing anyone can do about it except we go hang the jerk that makes us work :p :)

And again it's very frustrating to see the same person camp the same artifact over and over and over again and then seeing them appear for sale on Ebay... Oh, he was cool about inviting people for credit alright as they otherwise wouldn't bother buying his arti's on Ebay. My sorc is still waiting to get a shot at cloudsong

Erulin the Bloody

i know how it is to, im on vacation now, but i do have a job to.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Last time I say this: to claim an arti just because you have time to park your sorry ass there for 10 hours/day is NOT showing respect to the rest of the realm.

If u want it u need to camp. Besides ppl dont farm arties anymore for cash, all prices dropped as hell. Again its all bou the fact that u would just ignore a person there rush th emob and get out of sight.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Repped noaim even though everybody seems to misunderstand his point.

vavires said:
If u want it u need to camp. Besides ppl dont farm arties anymore for cash, all prices dropped as hell. Again its all bou the fact that u would just ignore a person there rush th emob and get out of sight.

You're not getting his point Vav. You're arguing a point he isn't trying to make and completely ignoring the point he is trying to make :(

E

EmeraldSpider

I also repped Noaim...
To be honest the whole you'll do what WE say or we won't play with you is too childish for words, and this argument is not about respect, it's about whose got the biggest gang to bullyboy others.

Yes before anyone starts I have read all the tread, I do have intelligence to get the myriad points all sides are trying to make.

I believe that PAYING the same money for the game should give everyone equal rights, and while I aggree it's not okay to STEAL someones artifact, it's most certainly NOT alright to claim campers rights.
If you are willing to pull within 2 mins of someone else happening on the encounter...fair enough, bad luck to the guys who have just arrived. If not you are basically saying although I pay exactley the same subs as you to play this game, I have more rights because I have time to sit here waiting for this mob to spawn.

Thats not respectful, in fact thats down right derogatory. 15mins to 30mins by the way is too long to wait about for someone, have you any idea how hard won time is to play this game for some people, some people can only play for a couple of hours and you wan't them to wait around for a quater of their game time to suit YOU.
Yes *droll look* thats respectful.

Ele

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
It was so better to just let it be, all has already been said and done, let it die

wohoo. close this please

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom