48 hours in London

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
I'm planning on spending 2 days in London next week sight seeing, but I'm not to sure what is worth seeing or which accomodation is good. Probably try a hotel?

Anyone got any recommendations? :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm well the sights aren't that great, but there are alot of interesting museums. You can go on the London Eye (Although it might be closed now...I don't know) or on one of those open top buses which takes you around all the decent places in Trafalgar Square etc.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Definitely go to the Tower of London, its ace.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd let you crash at my place for free.

If i had a place in london :(

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
How much are you looking to spend on a hotel? As really does narrow it down a bit ... if your willing to go to 130 a night i know this amazing hotel (130 is not a lot for Central London) ... infact if you cant go that high your best bet is to check the discount hotel websites lastminute etc that way you can compare. Also there are a few on the outskirts of the centre that you can get good deals in occasionally - e.g. Marriott Regents Park (aka Swiss Cottage).

As for sites - the usual Leceister Square, Covent Garden, Oxford Street, the Eye (book in advance), Buckingham Palace + Houses of Parliment + Westminster Catherdral (Best bet to get to them is take the 10 minute walk from Trafalger square to the Houses of Parliment as passes Downing Street). Museums lots of them - British Museum is a must (and is next to Oxford Street / Tottenham Court road so easy to get to), just pick museums that you interested in. Art Galleries Tate Modern / Tate etc etc...

Will

/bin/su
If you want to save money, stay in a hostel. I can get you more info when I get home if you want, Kirsty stayed in a couple of hostels in London last summer.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Go visit Milwall's football ground.

In a Chelsea shirt, singing their recent premiership title.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tom said:
Definitely go to the Tower of London, its ace.

depends when you go, last time i went sight seeing the que was about a mile long (which i assume is pretty normal on a summer work day :p ), so we went to tower bridge instead and got in straight away! :D

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
www.activereservations.com has loads of hotels for cheap in london. Go check out the namco bar too loads of good arcade machines! also go on the london eye, and get one of the river tours too cos they are wicked.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Stay out of london, somehwere in zone 4 or 5 of the tube map. Travel within London is cheap and easy on public transport and you'll save a fortune on accomadation.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
SAS said:
I'm planning on spending 2 days in London next week sight seeing, but I'm not to sure what is worth seeing or which accomodation is good. Probably try a hotel?

Anyone got any recommendations? :)

I was going to suggest: be a geek, fulfil your destiny, and visit the science museum ... when I saw this. Kill two birds with one stone! Now that's good science! (you may have to dress in shorts to get in ... or steal a child)

:D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I did science night when I was at school, it was great :) Exploding custard for the win!

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
I went recently.

If you do the Eye, take the opportunity to go down the road to the Imperial War Museum. Very interesting and informative. they were showing a Holocaust expo when I went, excellent, though depressing.

Also did the London Dungeon which is pretty good, kids loved it.

Do lunch in Chinatown - Dim Sum, mmmmm.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers guys.

Hotel booked for 3 nights allowing for 2 full days in london :)

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
last time i went to london i played pool with jup (he got slaughtered of course *ahem*) then i met Liam Neeson in a coffee shop (he bought me a latte!!!) before going for a walk round highgate cemetary.. morbid.. but really pretty.
the best sights in london arnt in the tour guide.. get on a tube and just randomly get off at somewhere you've never been before!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
And if you wanna get fucked up the arse and sold drugs, go to Camden!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Go to Camden market if your there on a Sunday. And ignore Mobius, he's young.

tankgirl_ni

Fledgling Freddie
but take plenty of dosh.. its quite expensive and there's soooooooooo much you'll wanna buy! cyberdog is good for a laugh.. god i came home with 4 big bags of crap lol. if u can find that cuban bar in the market place go there.. the spicey potato skins are amazin!

Clown

Part of the furniture
Come to Clapham Common and watch the battymen do funny stuff in the bushes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom