Your worst RVR experience

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
This is not a whine thread, just a chance to share your worst RVR experiences.

I had mine today: tried playing my old fire wizzie as everyone was saying she's FOTM and will get groups now. I got a group for a change too!

We didn't even reach AMG. In 3 fights I was insta-mezzed and assist-trained down, so fast I couldn't even get a QC in. So, 3 fights, 3 times I didn't get a single nuke off :(

Fun, oh yes :rolleyes:

NF better arrive soon or I'm off :(

sko

Loyal Freddie
Try use purge or get unmezzed imo. It's fun u c.

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
Try use purge or get unmezzed imo. It's fun u c.

Go away troll.

I don't have purge on her. Whole party mezzed too.

Even if I did have purge I was dropped first and fast in all three fights.

Move along.

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
it's not the class that's fotm it's the class combined with realm ranks really..

there is no such thing as a FOTM RR2 class

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
well guess it was quitiing for 6 months then returning with nothing, spending 2+months getting arti's for my SB xp'ing them all fixing template only to go to emain and be zerged by the hord's of FOTM minstrells+infil+scouts, oh and did I mention doing worse damage than before I quit :/

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
TiwiS said:
it's not the class that's fotm it's the class combined with realm ranks really..

there is no such thing as a FOTM RR2 class

There is if the RR2 gets invited into groups a lot when they didn't beforehand.

She's 3L8 anyway and has MOTA3. If I was staying I'd respec to get purge, but like I said above it would have made no difference.

An aside: can we keep this thread on topic please? I want to hear I'm not alone in having a bad experience, not be lectured by thieving Sko on how purge could have "saved" me.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Camlann- getting chin ganked my level 50's when ever they see me (i'm level 37)

Prydwen- Playing my Solo Infiltrator- Aldoran and 7 of his friends were camping amg/apk road. My inf was farmed 6 or 7 times before i typed /q.

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
That wasnt really your fault there Lyrra, you need to start / join a group with a sorc who knows how to mez, and or a minstrel who can just use SoS. Do like i'd do, and blame everyone but yourself, makes you feel better, and in this case its warrented :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Toxx said:
That wasnt really your fault there Lyrra, you need to start / join a group with a sorc who knows how to mez, and or a minstrel who can just use SoS. Do like i'd do, and blame everyone but yourself, makes you feel better, and in this case its warrented :D

because a sorc can beat a healers insta mez/insta stun at an area like AMG :)

Minimac

Fledgling Freddie
tbh roll a mincer can RVR all you want then..
will always be needed in groups
can solo easily
duo with an infil always works
STEALTH ZERG :flame:

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Toxx said:

We had a sorc but they got mezzes in first three times. The time our mincer used SOS I was dead already :(

I guess there's not much I can expect against a grp of RR7+, but not getting a single nuke off was grim :(

I hope NF arrives soon and makes this game truly realm vs realm (read that as zerg vs zerg if you like).

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Minimac said:
can solo easily

Read hide until you see a solo fight then run up and stun/add, or if your unfortunate enough to get jumped by anything run away. :/

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
every day played as a sb is rvr misery.

just holding on for nf by the skin of my teeth really. :(

Eroa

Banned
10 runs in a row killed before reaching emain as ranger.

When albs camped MMG emain (was mid then) for a couple of weeks with 6fg or so, and yes i know mid did the same thing during some period of times but i didnt suffer from that so aint a worst memory for me.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Logging in, port Emain with my SB. Use SL at mpk because a friend got killed there and see 12 alb stealthers camping then /quit

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, hard to think of one.. My nerves usually break if some kinda shit thing happens, but then I cool down quick and forget it :O

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm dunno? alott bad "events" in rvr, but shxt happens to all.

whit hunter was shooting some hibs 1/2 year ago, trying solo defend :D, but when show nose too long suddenly was stunned, nuked down under 1 min.

running odin whit my uber fotm bone, 2 scout shoot me dead before was able say "bone smash all!"

and so on.
usually get pissed when own mistakes kill me.

Eroa

Banned
remember the realy worst experianse in rvr, when ra's came and I didnt make it half way to mmg for a week or so, then i stoped playing hunter

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Guess u were in those albs who we met today...we had several high rr chars in grp...not like usually low rr random grp beats high rr one. Can but high rr ones certainly have advantage. :mad:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Worst RvR experience has to be running around in empty Emain for hours getting bored to death

Blackstuff

Fledgling Freddie
My scout getting killed by some sb (well, half killed cause I jumped from batts when he popped on me :) ) and then getting a pm via irc telling me that he was res sick and unbuffed.

The shame of it. :D

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
remember the realy worst experianse in rvr, when ra's came and I didnt make it half way to mmg for a week or so, then i stoped playing hunter

Agree see hidden RA on cliprange made me sell acc my first acc cause RvR as a hunter was just silly you where lucky if you got to mmg.. So all infils out there got some major free rps, to bad they didnt flip the coin in new frontiers (as the test where in the beginning) :cheers: would have loved to kill infil after infil til they sell there acc...

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
My worst RvR Experience?

Snowdonia, VS Sinister, orange con, I was level 40 or something I can't remember.

I was too bored to press engage, would've won if I had engaged his arrows till I got to him. Still feel like shit about that :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
when I went Emain with NS, reached AMG and saw a hunter pop TS on me, woa I thought and went to kill him, and saw the red names pop as I ran towards him, about 20 midstealthers was on my tail when I died.. I stopped playing NS that evening.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Wort rvr moment ? TSed at relic keep and not evaded a single arrow from a hunter :(

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
It's the same for any sub rr5 char against a high rr group.

We went to emain about 5 times yesterday (with my new nooby runemaster) - the first 5 times we got ganked by high rr very experienced (and very good) opposition. Sometimes you have to just keep going at it and hope for a break.

I personally try and avoid the likes of eclipse and pe, just like I am sure low rr slightly opted groups try and avoid BO and Maelstrom. Trying to take on RR7 opted guild groups when you're RR2 is very frustrating as you lack the tools and often the experience of playing the class to get the best out of it. If I see PE / Eclipse Deathspam I tend to wander over to HW or Odins and look for action there, if more randoms did the same I think we would all have a lot more fun ;)

'Squish

A

Aoln

Being a <rr5 scout in epic in the days of cliprange see hidden and unnerfed LA, with tards like azal zerging me with his grp where ever i go.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
Mine was when i did not relise enchanting armour and weapons helped but it clearly did

In df's

Saw 2 lvl 42 1 merc 1 paladin just got new template and stuff new weapons thought id try it out went up to pa omg missed pa and missed a load of styles and i thought hay up im down to 50% here got a lucky diamond back of and legged it lol was rather confused and this happened for ages against all peeps and stuff so posted here and you lot told me the reason why and its all good now

and a fight that happened yesterday is below

no 2 fight: was me and izihere duoing near apk saw arruadry he ran and i ended up fighting arruadry when i died arruadry was on near 20% or something and izihere came just as i was dieing we should of won and i bet arruadry was laughing his socks of when he looked at log

well here it is

izihere read the stats of the log izihere hits arruadry with dirk for 4 (-32) and so on so he was not taking any dmg what so ever then back in ligen she looked at here weapons and noticed she still had here ablative weapons on lvl 1 dirks this made me laugh for like tens mins

but fair play was a good fight between us

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom