Xbox One Announcement

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Took me 2 seconds to google "pre-pay credit card uae" and find a bunch of them. I would have thought pre-pay cards would be culturally very in line with arab views on lending.

Guess I never looked hard, still would not trust it for a foreign payment. Certainly never saw one at my bank, Emirates NDB. The Banking system here is a little odd. I have to tell my bank every time I travel abroad with 24h notice or my cashpoint/CC will not work. So making a payment to a foreign company over the internet might be an issue.

Might be worth a try though. Will give it a go to test it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
When you look at this picture, and especially the tagline, from a different viewpoint, it's pretty f*cking evil isn't it?

er_photo_192262_52.jpg

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
All your entertainment, unless there's too many people in the room.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
whats the price for one of these at release? OcUK selling them for £570 which it thought was a bit haha lol

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
whats the price for one of these at release? OcUK selling them for £570 which it thought was a bit haha lol

£570? lol, good luck selling those in bulk. Probably just price hiking to get the rich mongs to buy them, if they're even close to £570 at release they won't turn a proper profit off it because quite frankly most families won't be able to afford them off the bat.

Thought you were joking

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CO-113-MS

£590 for pre-order LOL

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm not one to defend ocuk but thats their "if shit is crazy" price: read the text:

Please Note that there is no official pricing announced for this Console currently.
By purchasing this product, you are purchasing a placeholder position.
Your account will be refunded any difference at the time of launch.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm not one to defend ocuk but thats their "if shit is crazy" price: read the text:

Just aswell, I didnt bother reading it tbh :p not interested in the xbox one, just thought it was fucking mad at that price.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The price won't be known until a lot closer to launch due to brinkmanship.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Your account will be refunded any difference at the time of launch.

thats fair enough tho

its 599.99 on amazon aswell

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Is it fuck, if they are taking the money now, they are going to milk the stupid people hard on this.

If they take the money now and don't deliver until near Xmas that's a fuck ton of money they are going to have sitting about earning them interest for 6 months. Even when the time comes they will just give some of it back and give you a Xbox.

For every 10,000 people that pre-order and pay they will have nearly £6,000,000 for 6 months for free.

It's like a nice bit fat free loan for them.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If you were in charge of a massive company, would you not take advantage of peoples stupidity if it was going to make you some extra cash?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Anybody who gives money over for a pre-order at all, is a fucking idiot and deserves all they get. There are lots of companies that pull this inflated price shit (Expansys are a particularly regular culprit); all you're doing is putting money in their account for no purpose. It doesn't put you to the front of some hypothetical pre-order queue, especially with the likes of someone like Overclockers, because Microsoft almost certainly haven't done retail allocation yet, and in the case of small companies, don't deal direct anyway; they probably get their Xboxes from GEM or some other distie.

Only do pre-orders with companies that put you in a queue but don't take your money until the product is shipped; and if you really want a console on day one, because, you know, you have no life, only pre-order with large retailers who probably have a direct account with the manufacturer.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The more I read about the Xbox One the less and less interested I'm becoming. DRM is going to cause ball ache for people if their internet goes down for any length of time, which is more likely then it would seem. I was without the internet for 3 days a while back because something went bang in my local main exchange. As for the Kinnect thing, well I'm not sure that will be entirely legal. Surely having something that actively monitors the room and reports back to Microsoft regarding the number of people and whether or not you like the adverts or whatever is a MASSIVE breach of privacy?

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not if it's covered in the user agreement...which it will be.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Meh, I'd just stick a photo of me sitting on my sofa over the camera!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
oc.uk are taking money first on their pre-orders, similar thing to what small indies do cuase thier credit accounts dont cover it.

just suprisingly oc.uk are acting like they are the "big boy" but arnt on the same level as shopto, amazon, pcworld etc when it comes to consoles and games

Yaka

Part of the furniture
price pprolly all publishers and devs want, been like that since the nes/snes/md days and before a consoles out this happens alot.

personaly for £90 all dlc and updates should be free as well as the next annual update

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I've never really been old enough (had enough money) when previous consoles came out to be price checking and to be considering getting one on release, noticing it now cause of this I guess. Shit storm would be brewing during me popping me cherry over getting a console on launch night.

Himse

FH is my second home
If FIFA is 90 quid I will not buy this console. What a joke, £50 is a rip off anyway, let alone £90.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
well looking on amazon all the games are priced at £90. That can't be right surely? Who's going to pay that?

Syri

FH is my second home
well looking on amazon all the games are priced at £90. That can't be right surely? Who's going to pay that?
They have a price promise on pre-orders, if the price goes down before release, they lower your order to the final price automatically, but that promise also states that the price you ordered it at won't go up if the final price is higher. Therefore, they're starting them at a higher than expected price, so that they come down to the actual retail price, rather than guessing a price that ends up being higher at launch, and having to honour the lower pre-order price. That's my best guess anyway. Either that or Sony, MS and all completely missed the news that there's been a worldwide financial crisis and we're not all millionaires...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If it does turn out to be £90 a game the console industry is finished.

Highly unlikely they will be that much though.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
They have a price promise on pre-orders, if the price goes down before release, they lower your order to the final price automatically, but that promise also states that the price you ordered it at won't go up if the final price is higher. Therefore, they're starting them at a higher than expected price, so that they come down to the actual retail price, rather than guessing a price that ends up being higher at launch, and having to honour the lower pre-order price. That's my best guess anyway. Either that or Sony, MS and all completely missed the news that there's been a worldwide financial crisis and we're not all millionaires...

This is pretty much it, they're just placeholder prices until the real prices are released

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye but these places are taking the money and sitting on it. Quite a decent scam.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i wont pay more than £35 for a game, anything more is a rip off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom