Xbox One Announcement

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If Gabe and the Valve crew are sly they'll try and push for better tech specs than the Xbox One and PS4 while keeping the price simple, if they manage that they'll make a fucking killing not to mention the revenue they will generate from Steam once it has X,XXX,XXX new users.

I don't think by any means they're stupid and I would imagine that is what they'll be aiming for... here's to hoping, it'll be nice to see a new 'console' in the wars.
I certainly prefer the Valve model of "you buy it, its yours, we don't charge you to play it"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If Gabe and the Valve crew are sly they'll try and push for better tech specs than the Xbox One and PS4 while keeping the price simple, if they manage that they'll make a fucking killing not to mention the revenue they will generate from Steam once it has X,XXX,XXX new users.

I don't think by any means they're stupid and I would imagine that is what they'll be aiming for... here's to hoping, it'll be nice to see a new 'console' in the wars.

Wouldnt be hard, my PC is two years old and better specced than a console.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think there'll be many official valve steam boxes.

He wants everyone to buy their own PC and install steam OS. But fuck that. I've got steam on my windows PC.

I really can't see the point for anyone who's already running a 'doze box.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Wouldnt be hard, my PC is two years old and better specced than a console.

Aye but you can't just emulate console play using a base PC, if you could there would already be Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Xbox One and Playstation 4 emulators, pc's just aren't powerful enough to emulate the games out of the box.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why would you want to? :)

This. There's better games on the PC. And the cross-platform release means that PC versions,often with better graphics, are normally available.

In FPS's you get the best control mechanism, and for games where a controller is better you can use one of them too.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Why are people who don't (1) like consoles or (2) no intention of buying a console keep spamming this thread up? :/

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why are people who don't (1) like consoles or (2) no intention of buying a console keep spamming this thread up? :/

Meh, I have a PS3 and intend to buy a PS4 (in a couple of years when there are some actual games worth buying on a console available)

I do find Micro$ofts demise amusing though.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Pretty sure I read yesterday that PS4 has sold 4.2 million to MS's 3 million.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, MS have lost this generation so far.

In saying that, I am glad I have put off investing in a PS4 for a year or so, not a lot of content out yet.

Also, Sony will be releasing a lot of their back catalogue via cloud/streamed gaming soon(ish) on smart TVs and other platforms. I am hoping it is accessible on my PC but it may well be the thing that makes me buy a PS4 earlier than planned.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Ironic they've had to do it as the ps4 is still fairly hard to get, to me the console price sweet spot is sub £300.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Around £250 and some exclusives worth bothering with and I will be all over PS4 - Will probably end up getting it when The Last of Us 2 or whatever it will be called comes out.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still haven't bought either :p still not many games out. For those with a PS4 could you pop onto the PS+ store and check what rpgs they have? curious if you can get any of the ps3 rpgs on the ps4 yet.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
making it so you can use some services without being subscribed to Xbox.

Following the leak, Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox Live Gold paywall is being removed for online services like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. The original story continues below.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/1...moves-xbox-live-gold-paywall-for-netflix-hulu

also.....trying to match the psn+ service.

To compliment its efforts on the media front, Microsoft is also bringing Games with Gold and Deals with Gold to the Xbox One in early June. That means free games every month and steep discounts on titles like Ryse: Son of Rome. Now that the playing field seems a little more level (at least in terms of cost) the next-gen console wars will boil down to just a few things: exclusive games, additional functionality and marketing.

In a move that bucks the standard set by Microsoft itself back in 2005, both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 will drop the requirement for an Xbox Live paid membership to access services like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube. Microsoft announced this morning that its prices and structure are being streamlined, and coming in line with those offered by Sony. When the "new generation" of Xbox Live rolls out in early June that means not only cheaper hardware, but also abandoning the need to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription for access to apps and streaming media. It's a move that certainly makes sense given that sales of the Xbox One are several million units behind the Play Station 4.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/13/xbox-live-gold-netflix-hulu/

seem to be adjusting a few things like not selling it with kinect to

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

Last edited:

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I'm kind of disappointed they've removed the Kinect - although there are only about 2 games that make it worth having so maybe it makes more sense ...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I never use my Kinect, stupid thing ignores me when I tell it to turn on or record stuff, also when I walk in and switch it on it thinks I am Francesco. DOH!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Funny tbh, seen on a gaming article they planned on removing the kinect and increasing the Xbox Ones processing power... does that mean they'll give out free trade ins to previous buyers that have been fucked by them? I think not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Went to my sisters tonight. Bro inlaw has already unplugged his Xbone 180 and sticking it on ebay, and I quote. Its crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom