Xbox One Announcement

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
375148_10152836318320710_672737246_n.jpg

That went well.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
How many percents did microsoft lose because of this Xbox...?

One

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Thought it looked interesting, if not ground breaking. The Sony "teaser" campaign is pathetic, they should just come out with the specs and have done.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So I take it people aren't feeling the love then? I've not really compared it to what we know about PS4, so I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am less excited about the next gen consoles than the last, they seem to be trying to take the gaming away from gaming. Call me old fashioned but I don't want TV or social media infesting my consoles, I want them to play games using the bleeding edge of technology and that's about it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As said, PS4 for me :p more JRPGS than Xbox + they've already announecd a final fantasy game for ps4 launch.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I find it quite interesting that the Consoles are not making as much of a jump in tech as they usually do every generation. They really are becoming an all round media centre almost like a shuttle PC or something. The recession is still having large ramifications for the gaming industry. E3 should be quite fun to watch this year.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I find it quite interesting that the Consoles are not making as much of a jump in tech as they usually do every generation. They really are becoming an all round media centre almost like a shuttle PC or something. The recession is still having large ramifications for the gaming industry. E3 should be quite fun to watch this year.

Yea, they will peak... anything beyond the Xbox One and PS4 is essentially just a PC... hell you could even classify the One and PS4 as a PC HAD you been able to customize them software wise. I can't see graphics getting any better for consoles than they will be for the One/PS4 in the next 10+ years.

Lol.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The new gen are basically pcs anyway. Cheaper off the self components. Easier dev base that understand how to program for it and easier x platforming.

Hope this pushes more 'gamers' towards PC rather than console

leggy

Probably Scottish
They'll both have games. Some we like, some we don't. People with too much time and not enough books will compare them and complain about their least favourite.

"History repeats itself, and that's one of the things that's wrong with history."

Aada

Part of the furniture
People are forgetting the jump from SD to HD was a big noticeable thing this time it isn't noticeable.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It was in consoles, the leap from PS2 to 3 was massive. Not so much for PCs though as they have gradually got better over time. PS3 was never really proper HD though, very few games ran/run at 1080...if any?

I had a blast on Civilisation 3 the other day on the PC and it brought it home how much games have changed in the last 10 or so years, just from the menu screens.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The new gen are basically pcs anyway. Cheaper off the self components. Easier dev base that understand how to program for it and easier x platforming.

Hope this pushes more 'gamers' towards PC rather than console

More like hopefully this makes porting Console games to PC less messy :p I would imagine it will given the tech its been developed for is basically just a low/mid range PC.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It was in consoles, the leap from PS2 to 3 was massive. Not so much for PCs though as they have gradually got better over time. PS3 was never really proper HD though, very few games ran/run at 1080...if any?

I had a blast on Civilisation 3 the other day on the PC and it brought it home how much games have changed in the last 10 or so years, just from the menu screens.

Just saying the difference was massive unless you were just plain ignorant it was impossible to not notice the change, this time they have to convince people it will be worth the change, because all the massive titles COD/BF/fifas will still be coming out on the 360/ps3 this year so people who only buy Fifa/Cod/BF (there is a lot of those people) will question the cost of a new machine just to play their favourite game.

Imo both both Sony and MS failed to underline new IP's, seems it's all about the media stuff you can do.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Have they released any prices yet or is that still under wraps? going to take a stab in the dark and say £300-350 for the PS4 without any games.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
No prices yet.
I think you're spot on with launch price bloodomen, for both consoles.

Maybe £399 at a push.

DaGaffer

Had more of a look at it now - seems to be a bunch of interesting...ish, peripheral technologies (voice, Kinect, networking) wrapped around a not particularly ground-breaking console. In other words, all the development of the 360 over the last x years in a new shiny box because they couldn't get away with flogging another iteration of the 360. The only reason I could see myself getting one is if they stuck a Sky receiver in it so I could have a single box under the telly.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
£400 minimum.

You have to be crazy.
Price up the components yourself.
Memory £30
CPU £65-80
GPU £70-100
PSU £40-50
Mobo £50
BD Drive £20
Kinect/PSEye ~£50

Don't forget they get good prices on components due to the scaling, I doubt they cost more than ~£300 to build, and they will be competing against each other.

I doubt very much they will be over £350, £399 is the max I'd expect, but 300-350 is a lot more realistic.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Didn't Sony say they'd be pretty cheap on launch? Nothing confirmed but thought they were going for around the £300 mark.

Aada

Part of the furniture
You have to be crazy.
Price up the components yourself.
Memory £30
CPU £65-80
GPU £70-100
PSU £40-50
Mobo £50
BD Drive £20
Kinect/PSEye ~£50

Don't forget they get good prices on components due to the scaling, I doubt they cost more than ~£300 to build, and they will be competing against each other.

I doubt very much they will be over £350, £399 is the max I'd expect, but 300-350 is a lot more realistic.

If ninty can get away with an overclocked Wii and charge £400 then MS/Sony can.

8GB GDDR5 is only £30?

DaGaffer

Didn't Sony say they'd be pretty cheap on launch? Nothing confirmed but thought they were going for around the £300 mark.

ex-VAT. People always forget Sony and MS always use US pricing as a start point which doesn't include sales tax. So £350 is more likely once the VAT is added.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
End of the day it'll be targeted at teens for a Christmas release, so I doubt it'll be much because they'll want to sell them in bulk (obv) if its £500-600 for example most parents will just say jog on and either buy the Xbox One (assuming its cheaper) or buy something else.

So agree with ECA on this one :p won't be over £400, it'd be very silly to try and price it above that.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Lets all just keep our fingers crossed eh for a £300-400 mark.

Games will be £50
Control pads £50 expensive launch day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom