World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Very nice cinematic yeah

Going to play MoP 1 -> 90 , try out all the dungeons in normal mode once and be done like always when a new expansion comes

WoW is very fun in small portions imo. When the daily grinds and such kick in at max level it is no longer that fun

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am not quite sure what this daily grind is that people keep mentioning...grinding for what exactly? There have not been any reputation requirements or attunements for about 5 years. The only requirement is the very sensible gear level requirement for heroic dungeons and raids but that's fine and there for a very real reason. Under-geared people will not be able to handle heroic content. Normal content > Dungeons > Heroic dungeons > Raids > Heroic raids. plus ofc they have the LFR function now...a cut down version of the top tier raid instance that people can complete semi afk in about 45 minutes.

I honestly don't know why people play MMOs these day, everyone seems to always complain about a so called grind. Do people expect to just load the game up, get instant top level and instant best gear or something? What would be the point in that?

How on earth did people manage in DOAC or other old-school MMOS?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still debating what I'll play come MoP, drawn between almost all my characters so far purely because of how fun they were to play on the MoP beta with all the new shit they get.... one things for sure I definitely wont be rolling a monk, I found them quite dry/boring tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Inevitable for me really. I'll try this, try that, level some of my lowbies in a futile attempt to recapture my first runthrough and then crawl back to my DK who has a bank full of pretty dresses and shoes and beg for forgiveness.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fanboi much Raven? :p

No :) just annoyed that people have no idea about MMOs and how they work then complain they don't like them because they have to grind.

Get a fricking console already!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
No :) just annoyed that people have no idea about MMOs and how they work then complain they don't like them because they have to grind.

Get a fricking console already!

ive played almost everything MMO in the last ~10 years and WOW is still what it always was
MMO-simple-for-the-Xbox-generation-kiddies

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
ive played almost everything MMO in the last ~10 years and WOW is still what it always was
MMO-simple-for-the-Xbox-generation-kiddies

To be fair, i've yet to see an MMO that's any more difficult then wow.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Same reply applies :p

Arbitrary and unnecessarily complicated does not mean better, or complex in a good way ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Feel free to name one that was any more complicated. Weird shit Korean grind fests don't count.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
huzzah.jpg Doing pet battles on beta atm... so fucking fun and addictive :O

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
WoW now also contains a Pokémon clone :eek:

It's a win win really. Doesn't take away from pokemon stuff as it's still WoW and a small part of it, but might bring more people into pokemon when they have fun with it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's a nice little fun thing on the side. Better than sitting in the capital all day :)

Gray

FH is my second home
I was loving the pet battle stuff loads, but the blasted bugs kept resetting my battle-trainer quests, and in the end i couldn't actually progress unless i wanted to grind out battles in the wild. Then i relised "wait.. it's only a few weeks until release, do i really want to grind all my pets upto level 25?... Not really worth it..."

But i'm definately looking forward to it on live.

Himse

FH is my second home

Because it's been dumbed down to the point of being TOO easy, how is anything in the game a challenge anymore. All PVP abils are screamed out by a mod, all PVE boss abilitys are screamed out by a mod. Nothing about WoW is skillful/challenging.
It's fun to play with some mates and what not, same as any other game.

The quests don't even flow logically, nobody even bothers with half of the world since you can stand semi afk in a city with heirlooms and do dungeons over and over, and to keep you playing all they do is nerf/buff whatever class so everyone makes one, EXP's it and gears it before nerf/buffing again.

I'd say, not by population levels, but by gameplay value, WoW is dead.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because it's been dumbed down to the point of being TOO easy, how is anything in the game a challenge anymore. All PVP abils are screamed out by a mod, all PVE boss abilitys are screamed out by a mod. Nothing about WoW is skillful/challenging.
It's fun to play with some mates and what not, same as any other game.

The quests don't even flow logically, nobody even bothers with half of the world since you can stand semi afk in a city with heirlooms and do dungeons over and over, and to keep you playing all they do is nerf/buff whatever class so everyone makes one, EXP's it and gears it before nerf/buffing again.

I'd say, not by population levels, but by gameplay value, WoW is dead.

Yeah end game is too easy...I have never bothered with the PvP (why eat burgers (WoW) when you have had fillet steak (DAOC) )
I still enjoy the 25 man raiding though, a decent group of people to raid with. Not bothered with ultra easymode 10 man though.

As for questing, some of them a brilliant on Horde, the Tarren mill (or close to that location) quest where you have to pretend to be a quest NPC for the 3 stereotype NPC "players" Welcome to the machine, I think it's called. Very well written. quests are quests though, how is it any different to any other modern day MMO?

As for standing around in heirlooms, only if you want to. You don't have to use them, you don't have to level via the LFG tool either.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I loved the heck out of Pokémon blue, so it can be fun. Plus "gotta catch 'em all"

The questlines in Hillsbrad Foothills are very fun yeah, you help "the newbie", "the leet" and "the roleplayer" stereotypes, was pretty suprised how funny it was. Also the questline for alliance? in Redridge Mountains with all the Rambo references was hilarious

Ormorof

FH is my second home
unfortunately many people dont bother to read the quests and then the same people complain that the quests are boring :)

i was quite irritated that a lot of the class specific quests were removed, for example the warrior quest to get berserker stance was quite nice and even the druid one to get the seal/underwater shape was awesome if a little difficult (which i am told is why they removed it)

but i guess they wanted to reduce the cross-contintent and cross-zone quests as most people didnt like wandering around as much as i did o_O

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's what you get when people who don't think past "i want x!" start demanding things and the developer tries to cater to those requests.

First it's "we want a dungeon finder" then it's "people don't go into the world anymore" :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i quite like the dungeon finder, if you are a DPS class you dont always get insta groups so you have time to do quests too, if people are bitching that its boring while sitting about in ironforge with their thumbs up their asses then they are just idiots :)

that said i stopped using it when i was leveling priests because being a healer in the same dungeon x200 got kinda dull pretty quickly

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I got bored doing the same dungeons after 4 - 5 times. :)

I'm hard to please that way, i can't grind the same dungeons over and over and over again hoping to get an upgrade that adds +10 x important stat any more.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I was guilty too with Wow, then i deleted and said bye .. Pandas and Pet Wars? K :D

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I've been playing since closed beta way back when.... The graphics are as they are in order to make the game playable for lots of people (been in the ps2 beta yet, massive memory leaks as per the first iteration and quite unplayable). The content is good and the lore if you bother to take an interest is compelling for an mmo that had been around so long. I think that they have been clever with difficulty.level..... WotLK was too easy, they changed it in the last expansion and got a shitload of criticism from the wrath babies. They are a business and make games to make money so need to make the player base as large as possible whilst satisfying hardcore raiders and casuals alike. I think that raid finder does this quite successfully!

As with all games play if you like it, but don't waste time slagging it off if it doesn't happen to be your cup of tea :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom