FH is my second home
- Dec 25, 2003
Just recently announced at BlizConn 2011, not got the live stream going but this will be the new expansion.
What is Mists of Pandaria?
- The goal is to combine new gameplay with most fun parts of the past.
- The plan is to get people back into the world, instead of having players roam around Stormwind and Orgrimmar all the time once they reach max level.
- Developers want you to do what you want to do to progress your character. They really want you to feel like you have a menu of content where you can pick whatever you want to do, and you shouldn't feel forced to do something to progress your character. For example, daily quests will reward you with valor points but it will still be faster if you raid of course.
- Character builds are going to be entirely revamped. Talents were still too cookie cutter, so the developers want to give players more choices in their talents.
- 5 New leveling zones to explore
- Single, unified continent
- Influenced by Asian landscapes
- AH, Bank, and Central Questing Hub
- No flying until max level
- There's 5 leveling zones but they are very large zones, and you won't have your flying mount.
Lore of Pandaria
- A long, storied history.
- Magically hidden since The Sundering
- A new land to explore....
- Pandaria was discovered during the cataclysm, a naval battle between horde and alliance was taking place close to it.
Pandaren starting zone
- It's a turtle! It left Pandaria 10 000 years ago and never came back. Pandarens who wanted to discover the world left on that turtle.
- Story focused with simple mechanics
- Cross faction, choose Horde/Alliance at level 10.
Creatures of Pandaria
- The Jinyu are fish-like creatures and will be in a wide number of zones.
- The Hozu are a monkey-like race, they stand up on their legs and can walk around. They play tons of pranks on the local pandarens and are also in a lot of zones.
- Verming are ... new kobolds, they kinda look like evil bunnies.