World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yup, also Pandaren was going to be the the new alliance race during TBC but they reworked the idea in the end and made it Draenai (space cows) instead. If you havent watched the Art panel you should really check it out :) the Pandaren have been designed extremely well and the amount of detail/features thats gone into them is totally staggering, if they update all the old races with the same technology as what they're using on the Pandaren it'll pretty much re-write WoW in terms of how old the game looks.

rynnor

Rockhound
Lolpandas! With the pokemon ripoff as well I think my eldest might love it - when do you have to sign up for the years subs by and do you still need to pay seperately for the pandaren expansion?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
With the years sub "all" you get is Diablo 3 via download, an in-game mount and access to the Mists of Pandarian beta. You will still need to buy the expansion when it comes out - Probably at least 6 months away.

However, you cannot cancel your sub during that year.

I signed up because I would have been paying it anyway, what tipped it was the inclusion of Diablo 3. A game I was excited about until a couple of months ago, wouldn't pay for it outright but happy to have it for free :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh I see and the panda expansions not out for what - 9 months? Is the pokemon stuff coming out at the same time or earlier?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Pet battles come with Pandaria which will be 5.1 most likely, 5.0 will be the implementation of the new talent system etc in preparation for Pandaria launch much like 4.0 in WOTLK was the new talents etc and 4.1 was Cataclysm.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Frankly the pandas can't be any worse than goblins...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have you seen that you can buy the old realm server blades on Ebay?

rynnor

Rockhound
I take it the fighting pets are aimed at max levels?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I take it the fighting pets are aimed at max levels?

No, any level can do it thats the beauty :p basically they're going to add alot of vanity pets around the world and you can capture said vanity pets (or just fight them for experience) by battling them with your own pet, everytime you win a pet battle with a pet it gains experience/levels and upto 6 unique abilities (but you can only have 3 active at any one time) once these pets are leveled up or what not you can actually put them onto the auction house to make abit of gold (so for example if you fall in love with the pet system you can make a living off it via selling high level pets for a worthy price) :)

The vanity pets you find around the world all have different stats etc so you cant go and kill them all instantly, they said some of them would be really challenging to tame or would only spawn under certain conditions (like if its raining at night in elwynn forest in january)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Love that people think pandas are too childish, what with puppies and goblins being in the last one. Before that? Well yes, Lich wass a more "dramatic" expansion, but before that? Blood elves and tentaclefaces :p

I don't care much for the panda(won't be rolling one, undead for life :sneaky: ), but the changes to the game that are coming and the extra mount/D3 are enough for me to go "Yes blizzard, you can once more have my life and money". 150 odd bucks ain't nothing for a years expenses, not to mention i'll have plenty of downtime with SW:ToR and Starcraft 2.

Lucky i don't have a GF :giggle:

I do have Sylvanas and Kerrigan...drooooool...

Gray

FH is my second home
Beta is starting very very soon, as in, the next day or two.

So, considering i just went and bought Star Wars TOR...

fu_face.jpg

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yep just waiting for an invite to the beta, the annual pass people are being invited in waves so knowing my luck i'll be in the last fucking wave (thanks by the way blizzard for not mentioning that when we were buying the annual pass)

Gray

FH is my second home
Using information from this Youtube channel you can preemptively download and install the beta, it at least will cut down the waiting once the time does come as its a good 17gb install.

It is annoying the tactics Blizzard has employed regarding this, but at the same time i understand it's a double edged blade where they can't win either way. They let in 1million players immediately causing server failure and massive lag, or they do it in these waves but people end up mass-QQ'ing on their forums. I was just hoping that since i signed up for this back in October it seems that it would have at least played a part in first-come first-serve. Booo.

Some people also noticing how Blizzard changed their Annual Pass terms and conditions recently compared to when people originally signed up :p

Q: When do I get Diablo III and the other exclusive benefits?

A: You'll be able to download and play Diablo III as soon as it's available and once you complete the one-year term, it's yours to keep, even if you cancel your subscription. Tyrael's Charger will be available with Patch 4.3, and beta access will go live with the beta launch.
Q: When do I get Diablo III and the other exclusive benefits?

A: After signing up for the Annual Pass, you'll be able to download an encrypted version of Diablo III that will be unlocked upon release on May 15th 2012. Shortly after you sign up for the Annual Pass, Tyrael's charger will arrive in your characters' World of Warcraft in-game mailbox. Annual Pass holders will be invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta in waves over the course of the beta test, with invites ramping up as quickly as possible.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
lol @ people suprised by blizzard being twatish

hello, and welcome to 5 years ago

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's twattish that they didn't make it clearer earlier. However, I can fully understand why they are doing it waves and expected as much when I signed up to it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I still can't believe they turned a april fools joke into reality... :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I still can't believe they turned a april fools joke into reality... :(

Whats the problem? Pandas have been apart of the warcraft universe long before WoW was even heard of, Brewmaster was from WC3.

That said

Don't rely on your annual passes getting you into the BETA, what Blizzard said is utter bullshit, they claimed annual pass holders would get priority invites over none pass holders - that has been proven to be a lie this week as my friend has just got a BETA invite for Mists of Pandaria + his account has been inactive since mid WOTLK (also worth nothing he doesnt have an annual pass)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yes i know pandaren is part of the warcraft universe, but it still started off as a Blizzard april fools joke in WoW.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Whats the problem? Pandas have been apart of the warcraft universe long before WoW was even heard of, Brewmaster was from WC3.

Still though, to most people it just seems like a bit of a joke as it sounds like Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon combined. Didn't realise it started as an April Fools joke :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah well, personal pref I guess. It was just a matter of time before the Brewmaster appeared.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aye they're in the process of sending 100,000 invites out today.

Gray

FH is my second home
I hate you all.

300,000 invites sent out so far i think, frigging typical i will likely be in the last batch!

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Checked your battle.net account? Got my email at least 15 hours after beta access had been enabled for my account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom