World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah was checking it regularly, got into the last wave a few days back mind!

Not thrilled with the new talent points system, but will have to give it a proper go if the game lets me... Can't even find the damn breadcrumb quest to get into Pandaria first! Can see the portals, but can't get any quests there until i find this beginning quest.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Not sure if there's a breadcrumb to start. I know for alliance you just need to port to Pandaria and then head to Wayward Landing to pick up the first quest.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah looks like you had to go to the crashsite to open up the quests, i chose everything but so i was in zones where no quests where opened.

I got lucky it seems in that the big bugs occured for the quest items you collect.

Still though, i thought i wouldn't like the new talent designs, but so far my mage and my warrior have both been really comfortable. Rounding up loads of mobs and AoEing them down is so much easier now, albeit i'm disapointed in losing demoralizing shout.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I never noticed a difference when using that, so i won't miss it.

I will however miss the totems on my shaman, now they are just more fucking situational buttons to press...

Gray

FH is my second home
Well got to level 87 earlier so i'm waiting it out now for new content, considering i've already explored every nook and cranny about a million times thanks to Jade Forest.

I have to say that Blizzard has made Jade Forest an absolute car crash at the moment with those bastard quests like Wisdom of Ages and Jade Witch, which completely break the game as you cannot progress. I got lucky one day a few days ago and only spent 20minutes "queuing" for Wisdom of Ages, when i've gone in the past seeing massive queues just waiting for it.

What has annoyed me beyond anything is that this specific quest had been bugged for close to 3 weeks or more now, and it still isn't fixed. This is incredibly bad, i could understand it when i got in, because it was during the Easter holidays so i just thought due to the holidays no maintenance would be carried out but the fact this issue arose before AND after Easter just makes it worse. Even more, they keep adding more people to the beta - which just exacerbates the whole queuing.

Thankfully i got it done on one of my characters so i was finally able to progress. But Jade Forest is just so bad with quests scattered all over the place and no linear quest flow, while the quests themselves where enjoyable, this whole event really put a dampener on it all. Once i hit level 86 i got out of there to move onto Four Winds. Have to say that is a significanlt better zone overall, i only hit one gamebreaking bug in the whole zone, but it was still completable (Was just constant crashing). So far i love it, but i've already finished all the quests there now so don't have anything to do until they open something else up.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So in short it's missing a main questline to take the player through the zones?

Isn't that kind of handholdig what people were against?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There's a difference between handholding and having to run back half a zone to hand in one or two quests while all the other quests leads you in the other direction. :)

Questing needs to flow smoothly, not involve running back and forth the entire zone searching and still miss 20% of all quests available.

There doesn't need to be a main quest line for smooth questing. They just need to make it logical, and from what i've seen questing in MoP is anything but logical..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
After playing the Pandaria beta I am not impressed thus far.. beta or not its feeling exactly the same as Cataclysm... christ even the first level 85 zone just feels like a mish mash between Uldum and Stranglethorn Vale, if this doesnt change shalt not be buying thats for sure.. roll on Cataclysm Mk II.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Story is not hand holding.

Deleted my Beta invite, cba to level twice.

Gray

FH is my second home
dragonTurtle1.jpg

Shit looks amazing.

Not played Beta in a while due to Diablo, migh give it a whirl

Gray

FH is my second home
Bit curious, usually by now i have the expansions on pre-order, but so far haven't found any decent prices.

Prices i have paid for pre-order so far, Cata £24.99, Wrath, £17.99, Burning Crusade £17.99

So far i've only seen pre-order prices past £30-35 which seems a bit excessive, suprisingly Play.com doesn't have prices up yet which is where all my previous expansion purchases come from.

Then again, they where under the old company back then.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Save the hours of searching around to shave a couple of quid off and buy it at the first place you find it.

Time is money friend.

Gray

FH is my second home
So fortunate that you bring up Time is money...

Just killed the Time Lost Proto Drake.

so as you can see, i have a few hours to spend scouring shit :p

Gray

FH is my second home
New patch, 5.04 to be released 29th August for EU players.

Bring on AoE looting!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
New patch, 5.04 to be released 29th August for EU players.

Bring on AoE looting!

I agree, can't wait to aoe farm old instances and not have to worry about looting for 5 hours.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

cos its an amalgamation of different things from other games, all of which have been surpassed by better things ;)

its graphics are laughable.. "cute", "low spec" are all synonyms for "we cant be arsed to spend money on a decent engine"

Mabs

oh, and iirc, blizzard took a backhander from the chinese gold farmers to look the other way :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Who cares about gold farmers though?

It hasn't been surpassed by anything. That is why it is still so successful whereas every other MMO has collapsed and either effectively finished or gone free to play.
Sure the engine is pretty old but they aren't going to redesign the game from the ground up, that would be daft, no MMO in history has had a total overhaul mid-way through it's life cycle, why would they? (Though the graphics have actually improved over the years)

People go on and on about losing 1.5 millions subs. Firstly oh knows! they they are only collecting 9.5 million subs each month, how will they manage?! Secondly, it is right before an expansion, there is nothing much to do in the game at the moment, those subscription figures will go right back up at the end of September.

Mabs

Who cares about gold farmers though?

i do, it fucked me off having to compete with macro'd toons for rare resources. they get reported, they dont get banned as they paid off blizzard. they can fuck off if they think im paying to play that ;)

and yes it has:
graphics: -everything-
pvp : -everything (except swtor/rift which is a photocopy + better gfx)-
pve : pretty much everything.. again with the copying but its more streamlined

and having 9 million subs, i LOVE that number.. please deduct the gold farmer/spammer accounts from that, and give me the actual -player- number ;)
if people want to play it, thats their choice, some people like to nail their cocks to pieces of wood, doesnt mean its sensible :)

as someone who will remain anonymous said on vent other day "i cant really be arsed to spend hours getting ready to raid content any more" which is unique to wow :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No it isn't. Once I have levelled I probably play for 8-10 hours a week properly. I still make 10-20k gold a day from playing the AH too, say half an hours AHing a day while I have my morning cuppa. I have had no problem clearing anything. If anything it is far too easy to gear up now. You can get raid quality items for absolutely no effort. You can even do a watered down version of the top tier raid and get entry level stuff, you have to work really hard to die in that and get rewarded with epics.

They have made WoW far too easy.

Mabs

aah now youre straying into the other thing that annoys the shit out of me and i have never understood:
i can play more hours/ week than you, so i have better items than you do, so im "better"
which ties into
"this game is too easy"

surely the point of any mmo is : Are you having fun ? yes/no. end of story
now you might think its too hard, too easy, too boring, whatever, but surely that is entirely subjective and a pointless measuring stick?
if its "TOO EASY" go play a perma death game, dont strut around in town in orange gear going "lol too easy" while playing 8 hours a day...really dont get it

ps - that is a generalisation, i dont mean -you- ;)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
The game's got to be more fun than jumping from mmo to mmo hoping that it has decent pvp :> it's familiar, easy to play and has some good content

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
surely the point of any mmo is : Are you having fun ? yes/no. end of story

That USED to be the case, but when it comes to WoW a lot of people only play because of the guild they are part of. They enjoy the company and the familiarity of the guild they are in, not the actual game.

I know my guild was like that for a long long time before we finally gave up en masse and collectively started planning to emigrate another MMO.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I like the humor of the human handing the orc the stick with puzzled looks on their faces xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom