World of Tanks

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Anyone done the mission MT-12 - The Incinerator? Can't set anyone on fire to save my life.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Got my first confederate medal today. Good times! Also, I bought the AC 1 Sentinel. Awesome tank :D

shot_004.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Started to play this a few days back, very enjoyable. Started researching Brit tanks, not sure if that is a good idea or not compared to others. Just doing random matches and either sniping from hidden positions or charging around in my fully equipped M2 which I like. Still shit at aiming but starting to get better.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Started to play this a few days back, very enjoyable. Started researching Brit tanks, not sure if that is a good idea or not compared to others. Just doing random matches and either sniping from hidden positions or charging around in my fully equipped M2 which I like. Still shit at aiming but starting to get better.

All the different Nations have great tanks and awful tanks. The Brits excel in the light and medium tank department. The Churchill heavy line is fairly brutal to grind tough.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Anyone done the mission MT-12 - The Incinerator? Can't set anyone on fire to save my life.

Yes. There is a big slice of luck in it.

The mission for the Stug is ok, just play your normal game and at some point you will set someone on fire. For the T28 prototype you have to set someone on fire that is higher tier. That took me ages to get. I remember when trying to do that mission MM put me top tier 9 times in a row. Normally that would be awesome but when you just need that mission it is a pain in the backside.

The mission I am currently on is to set two people on fire in one battle (or one person twice). If you set someone on fire once, there is a much higher chance of setting them on fire a second time, so it isn't actually that awful of a mission.

The final Incinerator mission is to set two people on fire that are higher tier. That is themost rage inducing of all the missions.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yes. There is a big slice of luck in it.

The mission for the Stug is ok, just play your normal game and at some point you will set someone on fire. For the T28 prototype you have to set someone on fire that is higher tier. That took me ages to get. I remember when trying to do that mission MM put me top tier 9 times in a row. Normally that would be awesome but when you just need that mission it is a pain in the backside.

The mission I am currently on is to set two people on fire in one battle (or one person twice). If you set someone on fire once, there is a much higher chance of setting them on fire a second time, so it isn't actually that awful of a mission.

The final Incinerator mission is to set two people on fire that are higher tier. That is themost rage inducing of all the missions.

I did get it eventually. Had to suicide rush a KV tank, but it worked after the 10th time. I have light, medium, heavy and TD mission completed now. I don't have arty at all, so trying to get the heavy missions perfect... just two to go!

I was reading about the latter Incinerators, I set a tank on fire every 40 games maybe. Two in same game sounds worse!

TdC

omg I have one Incinerator mission on the go atm. hard enough, let alone doing it twice :(:(:( atm I'm redoing a lot of the missions to get perfect scores.

Had a stonking game earlier where I did awesomely in my Churchill I HT. Unfortunately it was one of those games where we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. Check out my score :-/

shot_006.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
All the different Nations have great tanks and awful tanks. The Brits excel in the light and medium tank department. The Churchill heavy line is fairly brutal to grind tough.
Started grinding the lights and unlocked Cruiser Mk III, absolutely love it. Now working towards IV. Wife and kid are back in UK this week so should get some decent play time to grind on.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I did get it eventually. Had to suicide rush a KV tank, but it worked after the 10th time. I have light, medium, heavy and TD mission completed now. I don't have arty at all, so trying to get the heavy missions perfect... just two to go!

I was reading about the latter Incinerators, I set a tank on fire every 40 games maybe. Two in same game sounds worse!

You do realise that it is only the *-15 mission you have to complete with honours? 4 *-15 missions with honours will give you the tank.

You should also do the arty missions, get yourself a Bishop (or FV304) and you can do most/all of the first set of arty missions. You need a Tier 8+ arty to do the 2nd Tier missions. Most arty lines let you grind up another line then switch across at Tier 5-7.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
You do realise that it is only the *-15 mission you have to complete with honours? 4 *-15 missions with honours will give you the tank.

You should also do the arty missions, get yourself a Bishop (or FV304) and you can do most/all of the first set of arty missions. You need a Tier 8+ arty to do the 2nd Tier missions. Most arty lines let you grind up another line then switch across at Tier 5-7.

Doh! But I can't get honours on the damn HT-15 now, my IS-7 is either left behind by an army of medium tanks, or we just get murdered. I did manage a a 5300 damage game on my IS-3, and the 730 dmage blocked by armor would have been enough to pass.... except I was re-doing an earlier mission for honours. Another doh!

That said, I bought a Soviet S-51 tier 7 arty to work on the arty line. Not being spotted is not working out, may need to just buy a tier 4 arty and hide for the entire game.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Doh! But I can't get honours on the damn HT-15 now, my IS-7 is either left behind by an army of medium tanks, or we just get murdered. I did manage a a 5300 damage game on my IS-3, and the 730 dmage blocked by armor would have been enough to pass.... except I was re-doing an earlier mission for honours. Another doh!

That said, I bought a Soviet S-51 tier 7 arty to work on the arty line. Not being spotted is not working out, may need to just buy a tier 4 arty and hide for the entire game.

I have done both HT-15 missions with honours on my IS-7 and can't see a reason why I couldn't do the others on it. The IS-7's turret is immense, find a place to go hull down and you will easily bounce 4k+ damage, you then just need an above average game and you have the mission. The HT-15 mission looks the hardest because it has the biggest numbers but once you figure out how to do it, it is relatively easy to farm.

If you are having trouble remaining hidden in the arty missions, you are either doing something very wrong or just having a run of bad luck. Also, get the Bishop (or FV304) for the arty missions that don't require you to do masses of raw damage.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Teams have just been so bad this weekend, dunno how else to describe it. I got past the arty mission, and onto the next ones now. Still trying to get HT-15 with honours, just seems that the maps aren't conductive to hull down gameplay, or my entire team of mediums just reach ahead and die before I get there.

TdC

Anyone up for some platooning later? I should be online between 19 and 21 hrs NL time...

Edit: my highest tier is VI btw

TdC

wow, an absolute ridiculous losing streak...capped with this epic game in my Sentinel. the fellow I was platooned with also was waxing lyrical about how epic it was. We ended up first (me) and second (him) as well! I was gunning for a Matilda at the very end of the game, would have been Ace Tanker if I had got it but our arty took it out for me. Good times. I may even do a vid of the replay :D

shot_007.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home
What's the gun like on the Sentinel? Accurate and high penetration?

I finally got the tier 9 gun on my S-51 SPG (Soviet tier 7). Damn that thing can do some damage on direct hits, even against heavies. the 47 second reload time is brutal though, especially when I'm top tier against a bunch of tier 5's. That said, on last mission for arty, just a matter of time now!

I also got the Chinese tier 7 light tank WZ-131, it's too much fun on the open maps.

TdC

What's the gun like on the Sentinel? Accurate and high penetration?

heh accurate, as if :) imo the gun is great for tier V and under. you can penetrate other tanks. the low alpha is killing though, like 40/50 a shot unless you get lucky, call it...15 shots to kill a KV-1. you'll have to get close and have a skilled crew though. I'm using mine to powerlevel my future Cromwell crew to 200%.

Speaking of getting close, tank can do 60kph....on paper. you gotta keep it rolling, because lose momentum and you're just doing 25 forever. armourwise it's fairly poor...low end of tier IV tbh. Less tough than a Matilda but with the same HP. I love my Matilda though :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
heh accurate, as if :) imo the gun is great for tier V and under. you can penetrate other tanks. the low alpha is killing though, like 40/50 a shot unless you get lucky, call it...15 shots to kill a KV-1. you'll have to get close and have a skilled crew though. I'm using mine to powerlevel my future Cromwell crew to 200%.

Speaking of getting close, tank can do 60kph....on paper. you gotta keep it rolling, because lose momentum and you're just doing 25 forever. armourwise it's fairly poor...low end of tier IV tbh. Less tough than a Matilda but with the same HP. I love my Matilda though :)

Most tier 4's are terrible in terms of armor. Hetzer, Matilda and the french "Duck" AMX 40 are the only tanks that spring to mind with decent armor.

How many premium tanks do you have? I have a tier 2 (German) and 3 (Soviet LTP), they were free I think. I usually sell them, but these are useful for some chillout games. Unfortunately, I missed out on the IS-6 a few years ago, I had no Japanese tanks so couldn't get the experience required. I was looking at the T34 when I played, but couldn't make myself buy it. The only premium tank I'd be interested in would be a Type 59.

TdC

I have two...well technically three, but two I got myself.

- the Sentinel ofc. I love it to bits. Don't believe the hype and play it. Ofc it IS shit but what do you expect? In it's bracket of 3-5 you can certainly perform. Only thing is the low A damage. Poor as the Matilda but without the armor.
- I have a T28-F30. *awesome* gun on a T28. I had a lot of fun in my regular T28 but often wished for more bang. Well, here it is. I have had a couple really shit games in this premium though, but I was mostly playing my Sentinel and not really focussed.
- I have kept the rental tank that WG dished out for some reason I have forgotten, it's a tier...euh...3? Ruskie called Tetrarch. I don't have a crew for it atm.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I havent had time to play in almost 2 weeks. IRL is zerging me right now :(

I have the Rudy and the FCM 50t, can recommend both for credit farming :)
If Bromwell ever goes on sale I would recommend that aswell!

In a week or so it will most likely be massive sales as it is the WoT anniversary.

TdC

stonking game in my Churchill I again today. I love that tank to bits, really :D

shot_008.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just upgraded to a Cromwell and loving it. The high arcing shots are great for heavies at distance. Taken a few P0's out.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I love my Cromwell. I have veritcal stabilzer, binos and camo net on it, it's great for wholesale murder of same tier tanks from halfway across the map. I'd like to get Comet, but it has same gun, so that's kind of meh. A recent game I was the lone tier 6, I felt really bad for the tier 4's and 5's, they never had a chance.

Currently playing a lot of S-51 artillery. My noobmeter stats are taking a massive beating but having a lot of fun insta killing stuff. I am literally Sky Cancer. Of course, I go 2-3 games where I don't hit anything and just get murdered by light tanks, and then I have one good game, and damn that makes it worthwhile. One shot killing the auto loading German TD's, blapping non heavies without sixth sense. I missed a shot the other day, by about two meters. The KV-1 still died :sex:

The WZ-131 is also great, if I catch a heavy tank / TD alone, I just circle and wear them down. I am now that guy. Once I get the top gun, I'll be able to lay some serious hurt. My fave tactic is to simply drive past a bunch of tanks at top speed, and then as they turn to shoot me, my own guys roll in and shoot them up. If I'm lucky, I am safely behind cover by the time they've turned, and game is more or less won.

TdC

Wheeeell after a couple games in my shiny new Cromwell I was like...fuck me I don't like this tank. That was until it dawned on me that I was doing it wrong. With the Cromwell I had to throw caution to the wind and trust the tank and crew skills to get me out of bad situations. Couple games later I may not be any kind of good, but I am having tremendous fun and have had several games tonight where I was laughing my arse off the whole time. Ofc I can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but at least I'm having a blast while doing it :D

Here's a nice mood shot of some dead Cromwells (one is mine):
shot_009.jpg
Aaaaand...speaking of snatching defeat... :)
shot_010.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I prefer playing it with the mortar gun rather than the standard type, take 40% off a heavy with that baby gun. Looks like a sawn off bad boy :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
One of those mornings when you turn a street corner to be confronted by 3-5 tanks with $ signs in their eyes. 4 random games in a row :( Game loves to kick you in the arse when you have been on a good run.

Why is is that people never learn to set up properly, they go charging off down the flanks, get stretched off and easy pickings.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
shot_007.jpg

Had a great fight at the end with a KV-85 finished the game on 100% heath which is pretty amazing for me, I tend to have a getting bored now - suicidal streak in random games

Lethul

FH is my second home
I prefer playing it with the mortar gun rather than the standard type, take 40% off a heavy with that baby gun. Looks like a sawn off bad boy :)

Wow, it has basically the best T6 medium gun and you opt out of it for a substandard howitzer? Try the top gun for 5 games and if you don't average more dmg in that than in 5 games with howitzer I will eat my hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom