World of Tanks

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
75mm Vickers HV is just faptastic tbh!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Howizters are useful for when trading blow for blow in cities, but as a Cromwel, your speed and camo is your greatest strength.

Just had 3 cracking games in my WZ-131, two of them are below. In one, a 59-16 sat next to me most of game and leeched half the scouting damage, would have been 10k+ spotting damage otherwise. The final game got my a mastery token on my tank for damage caused.

Attachments

• shot_038.jpg
    shot_038.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 6
  • shot_037.jpg
    shot_037.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 6
  • shot_040.jpg
    shot_040.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 6

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Wow, it has basically the best T6 medium gun and you opt out of it for a substandard howitzer? Try the top gun for 5 games and if you don't average more dmg in that than in 5 games with howitzer I will eat my hat.

I did and I am now a covert the 75mm Vickers HV is great, can still do damage to the big boyz if I aim correctly. Usually if others are around I go for the tracks and disable them. If others are not I disable then try circling keeping the tracks dead and slowly eating away at their HP. Bit like a pally taking on a boss mob, slow, can often lead to death but it's fun :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
LoL love some of the titles you get like 'Hand of God'
shot_009.jpg

TdC

Met up with Cadelin for some late night games. He's deadly in his Bishop :) I was tired as hell so only managed two decent games and lost focus for the rest.

We should do an FH meetup! Preferably some point in the afternoon where there's a chance I'll actually not be a somnambulist zombie :eek:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Hope you didn't feel I was having a go at you when I watched you play. I am trying to give helpful advice but I forget how I found the game when I had only played a few thousand games. I have got lots of Tier 4 - 6 tanks that are either fun to play or I want to grind the line.

Of course the time I died before you was when you went link dead and I had to deal with two mediums in my non turreted TD by myself! :eek:

Definitely happy to try and join in some FH platoon. Having said that I normally only get to play very late at night when baby is asleep.

TdC

Hope you didn't feel I was having a go at you when I watched you play. I am trying to give helpful advice but I forget how I found the game when I had only played a few thousand games. I have got lots of Tier 4 - 6 tanks that are either fun to play or I want to grind the line.

Of course the time I died before you was when you went link dead and I had to deal with two mediums in my non turreted TD by myself! :eek:

not at all mate. all your advice is gratefully received! I should just have quit after those two games, because I was zoning out like a madman, I kid you not! that, and the relative lack of experience still at < 2K games doesn't help. I'm going for a couple games now, but tbh I feel too tired already, for all I've been out on the mtb today and my fucked up sleep cycle is messing me about. I'll be offline and in bed before midnight!

Lethul

FH is my second home
In up for some games, also have a little baby so I guess Cadelins schedule will match mine ;)

Having recently moved I am still working on getting my gaming setup up and running again so cant give an eta.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The problem with those stats sites is you often get creamed repeatedly by being in random games with daft people who just want to rush and get a kill, over stretch and leave the team/base vulnerable. Also leveling up you are not in the best setup available for quite a while. I'm starting to get my stats up a bit but going to take a while before they looks anything close to respectable.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
The problem with those stats sites is you often get creamed repeatedly by being in random games with daft people who just want to rush and get a kill, over stretch and leave the team/base vulnerable. Also leveling up you are not in the best setup available for quite a while. I'm starting to get my stats up a bit but going to take a while before they looks anything close to respectable.

I have probably said this earlier in the thread, but don't worry about the stats too much otherwise you become a "violet stet pedder'. As you said when you get a new tank it doesn't have all the options available. They are however quite a useful guide to how you are doing with a particular tank.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The problem with those stats sites is you often get creamed repeatedly by being in random games with daft people who just want to rush and get a kill, over stretch and leave the team/base vulnerable.

That'll only be an issue until you're good enough to see it coming and can react accordingly.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Once you start playing the same tanks for more than 200 games, you can use the stats to see how you are doing on average, and if you are improving. My stats sucked until I stopped having 5 different tank lines on the go, and started working on unlocking the IS-7 and just played elite tier 5, 6 and 7s for credits.

Certain tanks are stupidly good at raising your stats, especially tanks that can carry the team. T67 TD, IS-3, T29, Cronwell and Tiger P are my best tanks. If I play them for two weeks, my win rate and WN8 goes through the roof.

All rather meaningless unless you want to join a clan with specific requirements.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
That'll only be an issue until you're good enough to see it coming and can react accordingly.

Watching the flanks crumble or everyone rushing off down one side at the beginning :( Very little you can do when a random match is full of suicidal people. I purchased a T29 and wow what a money spinner that one is. One match late last night I managed 5 kills and got close to 70k coins.

Also unlocked the Hertzer, what a fun beast that is :) saving for the bino's though as its range is a bit naff.

Love the game, its great. Obviously you really need some mates to group with and run games with some planning. Still, play to enjoy. Have good and bad games

Lethul

FH is my second home
Remember it is x5 for first victory over the weekend.

Managed to get 18k crew exp in a single game with rudy :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Remember it is x5 for first victory over the weekend.

Managed to get 18k crew exp in a single game with rudy :)

Nice! How much raw experience was that? I had a 1400 base experience game which got me over 7000 experience. I guess if I had a premium account that would have been 11500 and then a further bonus for premium for crew experience might get me closer?

TdC

Had a non working pc for a bit but will fix it over lunchtime :)

TdC

PC works again! Expect incoming teedles this evening!

TdC

always lovely to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. couple of stonking games though :)

shot_011.jpg

Lethul

FH is my second home
Nice! How much raw experience was that? I had a 1400 base experience game which got me over 7000 experience. I guess if I had a premium account that would have been 11500 and then a further bonus for premium for crew experience might get me closer?

It was 1300 base, x5, prem, prem tank and both exp and crew xp reserves activated :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
11 games ofr the first win with t-54 and 13 for the Bulldog. I think I exhausted my will to WoT for a year or so...

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im still furious since yesterday. x5 weekends bring out the worst in everyone!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Im still furious since yesterday. x5 weekends bring out the worst in everyone!
know what you mean, must of been last tank alive on the team 5 times yesterday in 10 games. Everyone just rushing off up the flanks for a quick death when your supposed to be protecting the base (game mode 1 base). You kill anyone and you get the "FU you suck!" responses from 6 yr old morons. Actually put me off playing. The community over the weekend was about the worst I've seen in any online game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom