World of Tanks

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Watching the flanks crumble or everyone rushing off down one side at the beginning :( Very little you can do when a random match is full of suicidal people.

I'm not claiming that you can turn something like that into a win (although the better you get the higher the chances will be that you can do just that).

What i meant was the sooner you can spot something like that coming before it happens, the sooner you can start reacting to it and the better your results will be (probably). :)

And there's no shortage of replays where for example one guy that just refuse to lose have managed to turn a 1 versus 10+ game into a win. You just have to be better then the remaining enemy players and have the right tank... :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just when your on a downer about the game you have a round like this :)

shot_010.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Nice job Hawkwind, it's games like that which keep you playing :)

I'm not claiming that you can turn something like that into a win (although the better you get the higher the chances will be that you can do just that).

What i meant was the sooner you can spot something like that coming before it happens, the sooner you can start reacting to it and the better your results will be (probably). :)

And there's no shortage of replays where for example one guy that just refuse to lose have managed to turn a 1 versus 10+ game into a win. You just have to be better then the remaining enemy players and have the right tank... :p

That was me once. My entire team fail cascaded and it was me vs at least 5 others. Ended up 1 vs 1 against the arty, with a sliver of HP. He missed me, and I blapped him. Some fairly rare medals in that game. Had great games since then, but nothing that came close. The funniest thing is the tank I was in... the T1 Heavy is a friggin bus that can barely hit the wide side of a KV tank unless you are practically on top of him.

Attachments

• shot_001.jpg
    shot_001.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 7

Lethul

FH is my second home
Yesterday it went back to normal for me. Much better gameplay , I was calmer and I did not stress so much due to x5. Bliss ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I had such a massive losing streak yesterday mmmmgghrrrhhh! :eek:

So frustrating. Also, I was bottom tier for like...forever. I'm aggressive and impulsive, and that combines really poorly with bottom tier games :(

TdC

I was *finally* able to replicate what I saw every other Cromwell driver (except myself, natch) do on a regular basis. So far I've managed to do it exactly once. Ofc, I didn't stop playing after I got a little tired so it basically all went down-hill from here rather fast. Still, great game :D

shot_012.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Nice one TDC.... I've had to not play for a few weeks, the match making angels are against me at every turn, I am always facing the max tier my tank matching making allows. I can only do so many tier 7-8 tanks vs tier 10's before I move onto other games. Wouldn't be so bad if the tier 10's knew how to play, but if my IS-3 is holding the line against 2-33 tier 10's, my team has failed me. And every game is like that. Suspect it's to do with me playing EU servers from the US, so such is life. I'm going to play Rainbow Six Siege for the foreseeable future.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I was *finally* able to replicate what I saw every other Cromwell driver (except myself, natch) do on a regular basis. So far I've managed to do it exactly once. Ofc, I didn't stop playing after I got a little tired so it basically all went down-hill from here rather fast. Still, great game :D

View attachment 32658

Maybe we can do some crommie plats when im online, I was quite good in it when I played it.

TdC

fuck me, that Cromwell hey. this one was a loss, but what a loss! I did so much there wasn't even room to fit it all on the personal score screen, and I got confederate and MT-14 mission too 0_o

shot_013.jpg

TdC

I may be about this evening. Call it 20 to 22.30 hours CET.

If anyone wants to play, I can show you what an idiot I am up to T 7 tanks.

Also, I just got an IS (all stock) and a T 34-85 (50% stock). Come watch me derp about!

TdC

lovely game in my IS just now. ingame chat is just toxic as hell though :-(

shot_014.jpg

Lethul

FH is my second home

Until you get to the realization that QB is not the elite in WoT :)

I played some this Sunday. Had some really good games and some really derpy games. High was a game which was really low chance to win in Obj 140 and the enemy team had a tripple unicom clan platoon in T10 meds. I managed to fight of the meds with the help of an IS-7 and then kill 2 of them as they retreated. Ended the game with 6k dmg and 5 kills :) Then I derped the game after in my Rudy driving of a cliff and landing on my roof in a shallow river. Drowned at 0 damage :( I am so consistent :D

Lethul

FH is my second home
I agree with most tho, except spotting mechanics. I think they are fairly reliable and predictable when you understand the mechanics (the occasional hiccup occurs though!)

TdC

I agree with most tho, except spotting mechanics. I think they are fairly reliable and predictable when you understand the mechanics (the occasional hiccup occurs though!)

hahaha I know :) it's just the way it feels if you follow me. I certainly know that if you're not in a TD, SPG or LT then the bush can be a lie, depending on things. Personally I have noticed that a 300% crew can fail to see a hidden heavy until auto-detecting it at what...50 meters? Unless the heavy shoots ofc :)

also re gun handling...it's all frustration talk. I know I use some of the more derpy guns, like the S-41 on my KV-1S. I know they're derpy with awesome dispersion (0.58 for the S-41 o_0), so I have to get close and personal. That's why I get frustrated when I miss targets that are less than 50m away. Why? Well, on another forum I saw this funny ( changed it slightly though, as I mostly play Russkies ) :

Code:
int determineShellDeviationInMeters() {

if (playerTank.isRussian()) {
  if (player.hasSacrificedEnoughDissidentsInTheGulags()) { 
       return MINIMUM_DISPERSION;
   }
}
   return MAXIMUM_DISPERSION;
}

TdC

omg the losses! :(:(:(

in the past 7 days I averaged a 55% win rate. in the past 24 hours I averaged a 28% win rate. if I was in a winning game, I was generally dead, with pitiful damage done.

:eek:

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Damn that reply was insane. I've had maybe 10 games in my 10k games like that. I do notice he's using premium ammo and penetrating heavies in the front, I bounce a tonne of shots in my tier 10, maybe I should switch to gold ammo too :)

TdC

yeah, though that will ofc earn you the 'gold noob' moniker. in a game just now, I was firing gold in my Churchill I, and snapshotted a passing T-67. ofc I could have also penned the guy with AP but he just happend to fly by while I was (ooh err!) frontally engaged with an O-I. the T-67 got so angry he actually took the time to send me a message to tell me how much of a noob I was. edit: I ended up 1st for both XP and DMG done in that game on my team. yes, I get those games too. consistent, me :)

tbh I'm very close to turning off in-game chat. only think stopping me is the few lovely moments that occur every now and then.

TdC

what I like about Quickybaby is that he tends to -on youtube at least- take the time to explain what he's doing and why. I value that a lot as I'm still quite new to the game and am looking for ways to improve. me, I'm really, really, really impatient and aggressive, so besides learning tank tactics I have a lot of work to do on keeping my more silly impulses restrained.

A thing that I don't like about him is that at times I feel he can be a bit mean or condescending to lesser players, especially guys playing the flashier premium and/or "esports" tanks. I don't watch him stream, but it kind of shines through even in his edits.

TdC

fairly nice game in my Excelsisnore just now :D

shot_015.jpg

TdC

I'm geting like 25FPS more since the 9.15 update to DX11! Amazing stuff 0_o

TdC

and...meh. starting to get a bit frustrated with the game. Atm it irks me that tanks with big derpy guns seem to shoot lasers...unless it's me using them ofc. I know it's all reasonably random, and people shooting me will hit and miss in a fairly balanced curve but it doesn't feel that way. time to take a break I think.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Anybody play War Thunder instead? I do!

I did until Gaijin tried to get the communitys approval to copyright strike abuse anyone showing bugs or critizising the game on youtube...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
A thing that I don't like about him is that at times I feel he can be a bit mean or condescending to lesser players, especially guys playing the flashier premium and/or "esports" tanks. I don't watch him stream, but it kind of shines through even in his edits.

Yeah he's got a bit of a double standards going there. For example, he's really fast to name and shame someone when they do douche things like pushing others around on a scout spot just to get them to leave. And then he does the same thing himself because he wants all the spots for himself.

Or when he's late to a corner with a sidescraping tank and there's already people there, then he literally bullies himself in and cause his allies to take unnecessary damage...

The only thing i have not seen him (deliberately) do on stream is block peoples retreat so they die just to give him better cover.

But other then that he's just as big a douche as the people he rage about.

TdC

just when you feel you'll suck forever and will never amount to anything, you get Ace Tanker, Spartan and a battlefield platoon Brothers in Arms in a tank you barely ever play, in your last game of the evening :D

T-34-85_ace-tanker.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom