World of Tanks

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Bleh. I love the Brit tanks. Put me on a hilly map in my Centurion 7 and I'm am laughing.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'd agree. It's just that the road to getting a 7 (and beyond) is just such a fucking slog :(

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Somewhat true. Though the Cromwell was prob the most fun I had in a low tier med.

I should get back to playing this more.

What's your in game name? Duo is always better than solo.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Isn't it the Cromwell that has that retardedly troll gun mantlet too?

TdC

I liked the Cromwell and the Comet, sure. In fact, I liked the BP, Church I & VII. my hatred of the Brit line probably comes from the fact that I tried to run through them before I had even the vaguest idea how to tank.

ign: teedles

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Yeah. Early Brit heavies rely on angle knowledge.

The conqueror just feels like med with more hp though tbh

TdC

Yeah. WG hasn't been doing well in the PR dept of late.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I really don't understand why Ph3lan still have a job.

Not to mention that fucking PR muppet over at the NA office.

Honestly i expected both of them to get kicked out... So i guess Wargaming really isn't all that sorry after all...

TdC

It's a very slippery slope to be a CM and a fuckup of this magnitude burns away years of building credibility in a second. It's likely he'll never be able to get back into the groove again at the level he was.

Tbh given the stories I have listened to from Jingles, QB, Foch himself obv, and Circon, the fellow was not having a good day, and then he had to deal with Foch being, well, Foch. At the risk of blatant speculation, he was probably quite keyed up and so misspoke terribly. It wasn't that he threatened Foch, but what he threatened Foch with which has everyone up in arms. He probably knew immediately that he done fucked up, after all he's not stupid and actually quite a decent guy. Most of their CM's are. I mean it's kind of a major criterium of the job to be a decent sort.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Don't really give a toss how much of a decent guy Ph3lan usually is. If he had such a bad day that threatening a guy he knew FULL WELL to be incredibly salty with an illegal copyright takedown on youtube seemed to be a smart thing to do then he really shouldn't be a CM.

The man even tried to weasel out of it at first by falsely accused Foch of slander, which is slander in and of itself for crying out loud...

The only thing that saved Wargaming here was Markus Schill (although he very nearly made it much MUCH worse by mistake).

TdC

oh, don't get me wrong. I'm a massive fan of SirFoch and have watched his content from as soon as I heard about him. in fact, he's the only person, tank streamer or otherwise, that I am subscribed to on twitch and actually the only reason I use twitch at all.

as to Ph3lan, well I don't use the WOT community at all but that aside imo the dude did a major, major, major, if not catastrophic bad thing. tbh none of us know if he did it himself or was directed to proceed, however relevant or irrelevant that may be now but that aside I know he was having a terrible day because Jingles and Circon have explained what was going on to everybody. I also know Markus had to step up, and in fact worded his first draft so poorly that he indeed almost fluffed it, because Jingles spoke about it at length in two different youtube vids and I don't think Jingles would be embellishing anything as after that he stepped down from being a CC.

TdC

it's official, I am a masochist. today I managed to 2 MOE these, both in one play session. after that I went on to have the worst bout of RNG, fail teams and mistakes by me that I have ever had to endure. I'm sure both things are related 0_o

given that I actually really hate (kinda!) the British tank lines, I'm well pleased :)

2MOECurchill1andCrusader.jpg

TdC

scored the second one on Murovanka, but you're probably right :)

TdC

no, not yet. I've heard the British TD's are decent-ish. I have German and Russian TD's.

TdC

meh, getting into a frustrated phase again. WOT annoys me with the absolute batshit games that you get:
  • when you're grinding your mediocre tier 7 medium, look at your enemy team and see they have some E-50's and a bunch of T-49's and can only think "meh" to yourself because you already know that you're going to be completely ineffective and a loss is more or less guaranteed.
  • shooting your stabilized .3 accuracy gun at a target 100 meters away and your shots either come out the barrel at such an angle that the thing must be bent, or you bounce, or their tracks eat it.
  • derp guns shooting like lasers when other people use them. I wonder what kind of crews the other guys have because MY crews certainly do not shoot with laser accuracy even if I've been stationary and aiming for the past minute.
  • RNGesus deciding that you're simply going to lose the coming 20 games, and should you accidentally win one, in that game you'll be dead in the first minute because everyone ignored the HT next to you and some O-Ni snapshot-derped you from 400 meters away.
  • getting ammo-racked when you really, really, really and truly can not afford to be ammo-racked. it always happens, always. usually just after you've repaired your tracks when that E-25 rammed you in the side and DPM'd you to death.
  • the fact that out of all the tanks in the game, most of them are shit and only there to make you think that the few tanks that are slightly less shit are great. it's like choosing which bucket of diarrhea you want to pour over your head. "I'll take the slightly less green and spicy one please"

TdC

well, this happened. first 3MOE ever. if you'd told me I could actually manage this, say, a year ago, I'd not have believed you :)

I'd love to say the final game was awesome as all hell, but the reality of it is that it was a standard "weekender" game. there were team kills, there was a bunch of shit in chat, there were people firing off reports at each other for being camping idiots and to cap it off we lost. I'm an odd mix of happy, frustrated and tired.

first3MOE.jpg

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Clearly you're a masochist.. :)

no, not yet. I've heard the British TD's are decent-ish. I have German and Russian TD's.

Just get it. It's an experience like no other. :)

Just don't try to snipe with it behind a bush...

Lethul

FH is my second home
Almost at the Strv 103B. Playing this line ruins the aim of all my other tanks tho :(

TdC

filthy seal clubber status confirmed :D:D:D

strvm38_Ace_TG.jpg

TdC

weekend games.first time I rage-quit in quite a while -.-

fml.PNG

TdC

not really. I'm going to try again in a sec just to check if things have changed since this afternoon.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I am back on Euro world of tanks. The arty changes seem to have made the game more interesting, and you're not just being blapped by arty all the time. Mainly playing my Chinese tier 8 light tank while grinding enough xp for the 4th challenge for the Italian tank, so I can get some free mountable goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom