World of Tanks

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Happy weekend playtimes! I'm still very much a noob but things sometimes go my way :)

Here's a recent score, with a vid on the way!

shot_001.jpg shot_002.jpg shot_003.jpg

edit: vid here:
View: https://youtu.be/RxOhF4KSJEA

Last edited:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Only watched first game yet.

Install the view range circle, will help decide if you can do the longshots :)
Dont be afraid of autoaim.

Will comment more after ive watched second game!

That russia tier 4 is lovely!

Lethul

FH is my second home
I got mad at the fixed camera setting, never understood that setting :)

Rather good and patient game play for such low tier. This game you won but in general I would say it took a bit to long to get your gun in the game. It is a fine line between being to passive or to aggressive :) Is that that tank that leads to the Cromwell? Best Tier 6 in the game imho (keeper for me!)

TdC

Cheers dude. I've had some stonking games since that first vid, but on the whole I'm still very much a noob and still learning. I've also met a couple cool guys by pure happenstance who I've friended up.

Also had some abuse unfortunately, to the point that people were swearing at me, each other, whoever, etc. I just ignore that or laugh at it. Nothing better than ending up top 3 while getting sworn at by someone who perished in the first minute :)

TdC

woo go me. first game of the day in my fave tank on my fave map :D

shot_008.jpg

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im still painting and unpacking in the house, next week i hope to be able to play some again :)

Btw, if you press "c" twice you will reload autoloaders.

TdC

nice! hopefully I'll be up to speed enough and we can play some games. speaking of games...what is with this game crashing all the time? I can't play four games in a row without a CTD at least once :-/

TdC

Um...two? I think two. One Ace Tanker, two Top Guns. One other thing I think, but I forget what it is. I'm not really paying attention to earning medals as I am still learning the game and the maps. The game yesterday where I got my first Ace Tanker was on Mines, and currently Mines is the only map where I have any inkling re what's, why's and wherefores :)

I got the Ace because I suddenly realized that I was (a) my light tank + bofors could smoke all the opposition if I was careful, (b) I had a better idea of what to do than everyone else and (c) from my light tank scouting position I had taken up I had already flanked the main enemy force. I must say I felt a bit evil ruining all the T-II tanks with my leet T-III but hey ho this tank has a 40% win rate so you can imagine I've had my share of being force-fed shells.

Lethul

FH is my second home
nice! hopefully I'll be up to speed enough and we can play some games. speaking of games...what is with this game crashing all the time? I can't play four games in a row without a CTD at least once :-/

Hmmm, I never had any CTD so can't help you there :)

Bofors is Swedish kwalitee :)

TdC

Woo go me :D

Three games in a row in my second favourite tank just now.
First game:
shot_009.jpg
Second game:
shot_010.jpg

Third game:
I sucked so much ass. SO MUCH ASS. No screenshots. I'll never live down the shame :-(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
All this talk made me download the latest update and play again. Predictably, after more than a year's absence, I was pretty awful. Started doing the missions, pretty easy with high tiers, so I now have almost 3 million credits. Just need to decide what to buy.

TdC

I met up with @Cadelin in game today! He was kind enough to hold my hand while I died alot. In fact I died so often we've come up with the theory that my KV-1 may be cursed :-( Anyway, here's a screenie of him bashing his Bishop. We actually won that game, no thanks to me. My client crashed, and I came back to perish horribly after doing a measly 336 damage :)

shot_012.jpg

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Which gun are you using for the KV? Long or short?

Also, what mod is that?

TdC

There are three guns you can grind out in the current patch, a 57mm, an 85mm and the 122mm howitzer. I like all three and interchange them. Naturally you kinda have to get lucky with the two extremes and matchmaking. The 57 is basically the heavy tank version of a machine gun! I guess I use the 85 the most as it fits most use cases. The 122 is just hilarious if you're on the mm's good side :)

TdC

oh sorry mate I missed your question re mod. This is the one Aslain does. I've actually pared it back quite a bit. I'm using the "standard" reticle with more info, a small hitlog, the 10 colour rating scheme and a slightly updated minimap. Stuff may look a bit strange because of the scaling. Under the hood I am actually running at twice my native rez and that tends to mess game UI about somewhat.

I had a lot of credits and free XP sitting around so I did the side-step from KV-1 to KV-1S today and invested in moving my crew over at 100%. OMG what a difference! That is to say the 1S suits me a shitload more than the '1! Cant wait to grind out that big engine! :D

SilverHood

FH is my second home
There are three guns you can grind out in the current patch, a 57mm, an 85mm and the 122mm howitzer. I like all three and interchange them. Naturally you kinda have to get lucky with the two extremes and matchmaking. The 57 is basically the heavy tank version of a machine gun! I guess I use the 85 the most as it fits most use cases. The 122 is just hilarious if you're on the mm's good side :)

Most of my games are with the 122mm, it's useful against all enemies, and one shots most lights and some mediums. You can shoot a Tiger tank in the face and he will be hurting.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Most of my games are with the 122mm, it's useful against all enemies, and one shots most lights and some mediums. You can shoot a Tiger tank in the face and he will be hurting.

The 85mm is considered the best by the majority and it prepares you better for later gameplay imho! Derping can be fun though but can also be frustrating :) If you wanna use the 122mm the KV-1S is much better as its mobility can get you to the flanks of other tanks.

Lethul

FH is my second home
And remember TdC, IS-7 is top of the line this month so you will have a discount on all tanks leading up to IS-7 and will get extra crew exp playing them. Do not sell the said tanks during this period tho! (Wargaming adds *0.5 to both purchase and sell price during these times).

TdC

yeah I had 50% off on the KV-1S price, and 1.5*XP on games since. so that's the reason eh?

Lethul

FH is my second home
yeah I had 50% off on the KV-1S price, and 1.5*XP on games since. so that's the reason eh?

Yes

Although the exp is only supposed to be on the crew.

50% discount on purchasing the following Soviet vehicles:

30% discount on purchasing the following Soviet vehicles:

+50% Crew XP bonus on all vehicles discounted in the special

Your crews will also be very excited about the new toys in your garage!

These bonuses will be available from 1 March at 06:10 CET (UTC +1) until 1 April at 07:00 CEST (UTC +2).

Lethul

FH is my second home
If you can convince enough FHers we can start a FH clan :)

TdC

Seems optimistic hehe. That said, it's awesome to see people working together, clanned up or no. A few days ago I fell for a trap where a medium tank baited me into a formation of thee TD's. I insta-died but it was awesome to see the trick work by design rather than by chance :)

TdC

Meh. My install seems a bit knackered: I'd say I get a CTD about 1:4 / 1:5 games...no idea why. Anyhoo, after a bit of a losing streak I was just squaring up against a Cromwell when it happened again. I knew if I relogged I'd come back dead and rage-uninstalled the game. Reinstalling atm. Maybe things will be fixed now.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
The 85mm is considered the best by the majority and it prepares you better for later gameplay imho! Derping can be fun though but can also be frustrating :) If you wanna use the 122mm the KV-1S is much better as its mobility can get you to the flanks of other tanks.

I find that the 85mm is just awful when you are facing a majority of tier 6's and 7's. Back when I played before, in 2014, that was most of the time. Not really had enough games to see if it's different now, but I did totally wreck a Tiger tank's day when I flanked him yesterday.

TdC

tbh I find that the long guns around the T5 level are tuned almost perfectly. you *can* do things with them, but against tanks two tiers up you likely won't and will be more inclined to fire gold. I've been doing my utmost to not fire gold ammo but in recent games I've been one-shotted and damaged so heavily that it's almost undoable to not. Sure, you can be really good and end up in perfect positions all the time with actual enemies in front of you but the real world doesn't work that way.

Case in point: much to my surprise I discovered an IS that was peeking a corner wrong with his drive wheel visible to me. I tracked him and then realized he couldn't shoot me, so I just tracked him over and over while screaming to my team to come kill him. Did they do that? Oh heeeeelllll no; they all upped and left me. After a minute or two I tried to sneak away, he came charging round the corner and derped me. I got like 100XP for my trouble :-(

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Played some Tier 9 and 10 games last night. People are still nubs at top tier. Went back to tier 5-8 and had way more fun :)

Had some amazing games in my Cromwell and Crusader, really loving those 2 tanks, didn't like them much back when I first got them.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Not taken my tanks for a spin since Saturday, I need my doubles!!!

TdC

I *finally* got the good gun on my Churchill and immediately got ace-tanker badge first game playing it. ok, the rest of the team was crap, but heyoooo the good gun really is GOOD :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom