World of Tanks

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not after release no.

I should give it another try someday.

I noticed that they had a clan war campaign going, so i probably won't touch it until there's a campaign that everyone can play on.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Its a good laugh. I interviewed the CEO last year and he was quite a hoot. He commented "Why will World of Tanks succeed? This is a game for men!"

No faffing around with fluffy pets, no elves, no grinding PvE, just beat the snot out of enemy players and the satisfaction of beating them senseless with your big tin can o' doom.
:D

(I never did go back to finish the vid/interview I was making because round about then my life pretty much went down the shitter for some months.)

Unless something has changed big time, they have no intention of including any PvE, its clanking metal vs other players all the way. Admittedly I've not gone back to it.

I think the clan campaigns are always going to be the focus since its realistically the only way that territory will become controlled and benefits received.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think the clan campaigns are always going to be the focus since its realistically the only way that territory will become controlled and benefits received.

I cant see how, so would you please elaborate that a bit further? :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Last time I looked, there were benefits planned for controlling territories. Factories that might give you access to certain ammo, armour or weapon types, etc I think. Realistically, to control a territory then you need to be in a clan since you can't really lay claim to a territory if you ain't flying a clan flag as you'll only ever be part of a random skirmish.

But I might be wrong.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah i suppose.

and they ruined any chances to fix it to by allowing us to use all trees, so they can't make it allies versus axis now to prevent faction jumpers.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Got into it recently after August PC Gamer had a promo code for it. Play with a few mates, only just unlocked my first tier 6 as I am going down the US road until they make a British tree.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Well if you count the ones that played 2 battles and forgot about it, but are still registered...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Inactive accounts yea, but noway do they have 45,000,000 active unique users :p if they had that many active players there would be more streams on twitch.tv, more media coverage in general.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Fun game! struggling atm if its worth getting the tiger or not! tho i love my VK 3601 so it not mutch of a grind :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
It's ok. Shame too many maps are completely useless and piss poor.

Athan

Resident Freddy
I should perhaps give WoT another go. I quit about a year ago after unlocking a Tier 9 tank (E75 IIRC) but waiting on free XP to unlock a decent gun for it before regularly fielding it. This was before the big physics update.

Athan

Resident Freddy
My year-stale experience has me agreeing with Ctuchik, but the actual issue back then was you never knew what map you'd get. So it was a bit difficult to "bring a more appropriate tank" depending on the map style. Got a heavy, slow, high tier tank? Good luck climbing any hills before everyone else is dead....

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
My year-stale experience has me agreeing with Ctuchik, but the actual issue back then was you never knew what map you'd get. So it was a bit difficult to "bring a more appropriate tank" depending on the map style. Got a heavy, slow, high tier tank? Good luck climbing any hills before everyone else is dead....

No less relevant when you are driving an SPG (yes, I joined the darkside!) and the map almost exclusively is gigantic mountain peaks and valleys or city map. I don't mind those as concepts, but at least there needs to be some room for artillery to be useful also and not being completely limited of use because of map, which sometimes is the case.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's a question of layout and design decisions, not about gameplay adaptations.

It kinda is though. It's a combination of tank characteristics and map layout. Certain types of tanks works great on some maps but might struggle on others because the map layout doesn't suit the tank.

For example; a sniper tank like the centurion works great on open fielded maps but tends to get punished on city maps where enemy tanks have it easier to get close to you.

And as you're playing SPG's it just means that you have to take bigger risks to get clear shots. You can't just sit in a corner somewhere from start to finish.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I got a voucher for free gold on this when I brought my new graphics card. I have been trying the game and it seems great fun to dip into now and then. I have 7500 gold I am not sure what to do with.

Having read up on the patch notes, the latest patch allows non-premium account owners to form platoons (3 people working together). My character is called "yournamehere", if anyone else plays public matches and would like to play with someone vaguely competent let me know!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
With that much gold, it might be worth buying a premium tank for easy credits or convert free xp to help research new things. Or you could use it towards playing as on a premium account for more credits and xp per battle.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
With that much gold, it might be worth buying a premium tank for easy credits or convert free xp to help research new things. Or you could use it towards playing as on a premium account for more credits and xp per battle.

I have a months premium account with the packages as well. Most of the guides say, save your gold until there is a 50% off weekend and then spend it! I haven't figure out the experience yet. It seems there was a recent change to that as well and the guides haven't updated.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I am waiting for all the accounts to merge, so that I can spend some of the Gold I have in World of Tanks on my World of Warplanes account.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I am waiting for all the accounts to merge, so that I can spend some of the Gold I have in World of Tanks on my World of Warplanes account.

I doubt it will carry over between games, it generally never do because it makes it to easy for people to ditch one game and only play the other.

Athan

Resident Freddy
If They'll have changed their minds then, because when WoWP was still in invite-only beta (I've no idea of its status now) the intent was very much to use the same account for both WoT and WoWP (and in future WoBattle Ships as well) right down to sharing experienced earned between them all.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, would be nice if they did. But i need to see it happen first.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Think WoP goes open beta on the 4th July, actually liking it more than Tanks at the moment. Thought flying with a mouse would be pretty bad, but have gotten used to it and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom