Windows 10 again

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thank you, and I thought I would get the whole 'use a proper browser....' but I think FF is too slow and Chrome is to full of shit for me to spend time going through it and customising it.

Besides, I like IE. So.....ner ner!!

*but thanks for the default tip though*
Firefox is miles out in front imho.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I'm an Opera fanboy from way back, but the desktop version isn't as good as FF anymore. Hasn't been for a while tbh.

Not in my experience. I use IE & FF & Chrome @ work, but Opera is my go to for personal, seamless browsing.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You have to uninstall the previous installed version first before you install it again. So uninstall 4.5 and reinstall 4.5

Follow these instructions to start it manually https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733925(v=VS.110).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Don't have much in ways of a theory to why it crashes, or why it's inconsistent.

Here's the untranslated error if that helps more..

Tjänsten Net.Tcp Lyssnaradapter är beroende av tjänsten Net.Tcp Tjänst för delning av port. Den sistnämnda kunde inte starta på grund av följande fel:
Tjänsten kan inte startas. Anledningen är antingen att tjänsten är spärrad eller att inga aktiva enheter är associerade med den.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
oh by the way, when uninstalling .net, it's "microsoft ASP .net MVC 4 runtime we're talking about yes?

Tried manually starting it earlier but only got this error instead..

error.png

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sorry about all the multiposts.

I think it's sorted now, the port sharing part of tcp.net was deactivated. Reactivating that made it possible to start the listening adapter bit.

So hopefully no more BSOD's now...

Lakih

Resident Freddy
No worries @Ctuchik BSOD sucks. If it reappears and you want to reinstall .net, you find them here:
reinstall.png
Spoiler tags for all you phone surfers...

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Not in my experience. I use IE & FF & Chrome @ work, but Opera is my go to for personal, seamless browsing.
But it doesn't load up my remote torrent list. Opera on mobile is the best on poota it is not quite there.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Together with the strong notion to get rid of the restraining if design and also the nostalgic emphasize on face Cheap Replica Watches uk, these replica Cartier Water tank Americaine watches hit a chord with futurists and classicism pursuing cheap replica watches. The amalgamation of the stylish figure and glistening treasures additional transform them remarkably female designer watches Hublot Replica Watches.

Wow, can you tell me more about this? So many watches.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Together with the strong notion to get rid of the restraining if design and also the nostalgic emphasize on face Cheap Replica Watches uk, these replica Cartier Water tank Americaine watches hit a chord with futurists and classicism pursuing cheap replica watches. The amalgamation of the stylish figure and glistening treasures additional transform them remarkably female designer watches Hublot Replica Watches.
Hi, welcome to FH, real person who's genuinely interested in the sort of things we talk about on FH.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Another BSOD, new error this time..

Last warning before restart:
Tjänsten Schemaläggaren hittade en felaktig konfiguration i NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\DispatchRecoveryTasks-definitionen. Ytterligare data: Felvärde: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehPrivJob.exe.

First warning after restart:
Prenumeranten på Winlogon-meddelanden <TrustedInstaller> misslyckades med en viktig meddelandehändelse.

First non BSOD error after restart:
Tjänsten Delivery Optimization avbröts med följande tjänstspecifika fel:
Klassen är konfigurerad att köras som ett säkerhets-ID skiljt från anroparens

Bugcheck error (probably meaningless, posting it anyway)
Datorn har startats om efter felsökningen. Felsökningen var: 0x00000139 (0x0000000000000021, 0xffffd0017ddb4520, 0xffffd0017ddb4478, 0x0000000000000000). Innehållet dumpades och sparades i: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Rapport-ID: 081315-39406-01.

Tried to open memory.dmp with notepad but got an access denied message...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Buy a new pc. ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
(not meaning to be an arsehole to those that can't get it to work properly...!)

But...loving Windows 10, couple of weeks with it now and I am starting to notice things that I can't do in Win 7 at work. The multi screen support is excellent. I love that I can snap things to half the screen with 4 monitors and its right pissing me off that I can't do it at work with my 2 screens.

leggy

Probably Scottish
its right pissing me off that I can't do it at work with my 2 screens.

Windows Key + Left/Right Arrows?

Keep pressing left or right to move to next monitor in the sequence. Works with me on Windows 7/8 at work.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oddness but my newest lappy running legit win8.1 is refusing to upgrade smoothly. I've had the update thingy download the win10 stuff twice over and run the installation. This immediately fails, and on reboot it hangs forever on installing 1 of 1 updates.

Any ideas?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Windows Key + Left/Right Arrows?

Keep pressing left or right to move to next monitor in the sequence. Works with me on Windows 7/8 at work.

Nice, problem solved :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oddness but my newest lappy running legit win8.1 is refusing to upgrade smoothly. I've had the update thingy download the win10 stuff twice over and run the installation. This immediately fails, and on reboot it hangs forever on installing 1 of 1 updates.

Any ideas?
Anything fancy on your laptop that might need specific drivers or something?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well it's automatically fancy because it's yours. So there's that.

(sorry I have no idea)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
funnily enough immediately after posting this whine, it decided to run the update without failing. after two days of...erm...not doing that. oh well :)

Lakih

Resident Freddy

All the error codes are awesome, because they help identify the specific problem. The solution might not be as easy all the time. For your specific error here's Microsoft's assessment:
Most causes of this bug check tend to be self explanatory and easy to diagnose.
:upyours:
More info (Sort of): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj569891(v=vs.85).aspx
My tip: Update every driver you can find.
Can't find a definitive solution to the problem (yet) though :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
funnily enough immediately after posting this whine, it decided to run the update without failing. after two days of...erm...not doing that. oh well :)
You're welcome!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got the OTA update on my tablet but my old Thinkpad T400 doesn't want to. It's recognised the model and thinks that Lenovo isn't ready with supporting software :/

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got some issues with the internet connection on my desktop in win 10.

It seems to make the speed slower even though it says its on a gigabyte network and i have installed all the drivers for my mobo, lan, chipset etc.

It wont go above about 5meg where my ipad wireless connection will achive 20meg or more and the virgin engi got the full 150 on his test. Something wierd has happened to my through put.

Anyone seen any of this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom