Votes: 206 22.5%
  • No, DAOC forever!

Votes: 206 22.5%
  • Care?

Votes: 112 12.2%

• Total voters

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC will always have a core of players until they shut the servers.

WAR will depend heavily on the type of players they attract, i can see WoW being much harder hit with thousands flocking from WoW to WAR for the PvP draw.

For most DAoC players, it's the community that keeps them playing. WoW community is, in general, inferior for most DAoC players. If WAR is heavily populated by WoW former B-Net kiddies and the like, it will have no real impact on DAoC.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
WAR wont kill anything with GOA hosting it.

lolerskates

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
GOA seems to think so?

The release of the game is planned for the end of 2007 and this will be simultaneous in the USA and in Europe.
This is still far away and naturally, we will continue the support and evolution of Dark Age of Camelot in the emantime

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Ttillub said:
GOA seems to think so?

Yeah I read it that way aswell.

something like ' we will support DAOC until WAR proves more popular, then we will dump like like mythic :D'

eble

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
I think a large population will move to Warhammer then return to daoc, just like WOW

what large population? (I remember a time having to wait to join the excal servers because it had 3000 people on it, I wouldn't say numbers are high at all personally, but each to there own) DAOC took a hit when WOW came out and granted some returned but not anywhere near in the numbers that left.

Hence we got clustered, numbers are quite high still at the moment but the game is a bit stale now, expect a couple of expansions before Mythic have to move the last few staffers onto the WAR project.

I enjoy DAOC but dont like having to run two accounts just to go into the frontiers, I hope WAR works on this part.

Eble

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Darkfall will probably when it comes out late if ever take whatever ppl who like to pvp either from wow to daoc...

eble

Fledgling Freddie
lol yeah forget WAR killing DAOC, EA will do that without a doubt.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I might actually play Warhammer Online, maybe because I played it before in real life with the models and such.

I never played DAOC before, or even looked at it. I imagine that there'll be a lot of Warhammer fans playing who are the same as me, that wont affect DAOC at all.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
IMO it depends on how much EA interfere with the Mythic dev team, how many EA people are put into the project, and how much the Mythic devs give a rats arse after the merge after being shafted by Jacobs with his "Im not selling out" speech.

Being taken over by some conglomerate whose interest is primarily in $$$$ does a workforce's morale no good at all.

Still, Sanya might get a new coffee machine out of it.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Erulin said:
""Warhammer already has a good brand name in the market, so i think it will do quiet well.""

2 words about Good Brand Names : Star Wars....
:(

Since when is Star Wars a good brand name?

Lucas Arts' games were, THX is, but that's it, rest is stupid merchandising for <insult your favourite insult here> people.

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
eble said:
what large population? (I remember a time having to wait to join the excal servers because it had 3000 people on it, I wouldn't say numbers are high at all personally, but each to there own) DAOC took a hit when WOW came out and granted some returned but not anywhere near in the numbers that left.

Hence we got clustered, numbers are quite high still at the moment but the game is a bit stale now, expect a couple of expansions before Mythic have to move the last few staffers onto the WAR project.

I enjoy DAOC but dont like having to run two accounts just to go into the frontiers, I hope WAR works on this part.

Eble

I agree 100%

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:

Lets see

Fantastic films, huge fanbase, fantastic merchandise(hell, the 1970's stuff sells for lots if its packaged) some of the new figures and stuff look awesome(im not a figure collector)

Add all those dvds, book, tshirts, thats what makes a brand and people buy it!

Everz

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:

Lucas Arts' games were, THX is, but that's it, rest is stupid merchandising for <insult your favourite insult here> people.

clueless once again, star wars is a massive brand name.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
eble said:
what large population? (I remember a time having to wait to join the excal servers because it had 3000 people on it,

the good old days :)

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Erulin said:
""Warhammer already has a good brand name in the market, so i think it will do quiet well.""

2 words about Good Brand Names : Star Wars....

:(

LMAO,

......on a serious note, fu*king SOE! Ruined a perfectly good game pre CU. Should of burned the studios to the ground :wanker:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bikkus said:
Lol I like the "high elves are English posh people who take drugs" quote.

Fuck that, no one wants to play as Prince Harry the Pothead :p

Bikkus

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Fuck that, no one wants to play as Prince Harry the Pothead :p

lol. You know someone is going to have to have a Dark elf called that now.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Bikkus said:
Lol I like the "high elves are English posh people who take drugs" quote.

High Elves are posh English people, Dark Elves are posh English people on drugs :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Cadiva said:
High Elves are posh English people, Dark Elves are posh English people on drugs :)

Example;

Posh nancy boy William = High Elf
Posh yet wants to be common Harry - Dark Elf

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Cadiva said:

played the warhammer rpg for years....

High elves ( poncy pointy eared bastards)
woodelves ( tree hugging pointy eared bastards )
dwarves (stunty bastards )
humans ( what ever you feel)
halflings ( punch bags at time of stress )

ill play it as been waiting for this to happen from when i played it table top, but in reality its gonna be Warhamer: Age of Reckoning aka DAOC2 if you ask me:flame:

hanza

Fledgling Freddie
not really sure about Daoc's future TBH

looking at it on a realistic way (despite mythic says they wont give up daoc):

same succesfull firm come out with a new game. they will advertise. the target will be :

All MMORPG player regardless of their playing wow or anyother game.

they will come with : a succesfull licenced PVP systeme (RVR) that seduced daoc player when it first came out, will seduce wow player as wow pvp is almost inexistant (WOW SUX)

so on a marketing PoV it will affect wow player more than us... BUT:

u also have to consider :
- all DAoC player that starts to be fed up with the turn the game is taking (and they seam to be more and more lately)

- those attracted by improved graphix, new gameplay etc

- those attracted by warhammer because they are dreaming of a MMO about it since they are 12 (NO NO i m not the only one out there :p)

those last arguments will affect all MMO player regardless of what game they are playing.

following question is :

what will be the future of daoc with a base of player growing thinner and thinner ? do you really think mythic will spend money advertising (btw are they advertising daoc anylonger ??) a 6 years old game (yea daoc will be 6yo in fall 2007 when WAR comes out) while they have a brand new one with one target : kicking wow from 1st MMORPG place ?

personnally i love daoc, i m playing for 3.5 years now and i dont regret anything about spending so much time on a (great) game. but i also have to admit that i m getting more and more pissed off about some aspect of the game and some people's behaviour (that seam to spread more and more) and TBRH i can't say i will not move to a "better" world.

what is successfull in Daoc is the PVP system and the adrenaline rush it gives you. even after years of playing i still feel it !

WAR will just have to mach it and it wont be hard as the same people are making it so it s basically : pick up what s worked, improve it put new gift wrap (graphix) around it and voila !

i m sad but realisitic when i think that it will kick daoc off the boat, but it will also bring us a better game; offerring everything that a MMORPG player likes, grind grind grind for the WoW addict (and more PvE raids) and some awsome RvR for oldschool daoc hard core gamers :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
GReaper said:
A large number of players may prefer it to Dark Age of Buffalot! :p

really really really hope Mythic bans buffbots in WAR (if theres acually gonna be such a buffing class)

should do what WoW does imo. put all the buffs on diffrent classes so u CANT use buffbots ;)

and not make buffs the "be all end all" to. they should help yes, but no way near as much as they do in DAoC.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Sollac said:
played the warhammer rpg for years....

High elves ( poncy pointy eared bastards)
woodelves ( tree hugging pointy eared bastards )
dwarves (stunty bastards )
humans ( what ever you feel)
halflings ( punch bags at time of stress )

ill play it as been waiting for this to happen from when i played it table top, but in reality its gonna be Warhamer: Age of Reckoning aka DAOC2 if you ask me:flame:

The game's already shaping up to be quite different from DAoC and Mark Jacobs has already said he's not making a DAoC Mark II or a WoW 1.5 etc.

As you'll know, being a table top player, there's a vast amount of lore already in existance from which Mythic are drawing heavily to create the Warhammer world.

You should try the Warhammer Alliance forums, they're the nearest 'unofficial' official ones I've seen and they have a lot of devs posting over there.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/index.php

Ctuchik said:
really really really hope Mythic bans buffbots in WAR (if theres acually gonna be such a buffing class)

should do what WoW does imo. put all the buffs on diffrent classes so u CANT use buffbots ;)

and not make buffs the "be all end all" to. they should help yes, but no way near as much as they do in DAoC.

Mark Jacobs has also already said over on the forums that there will not be buffbots.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Some VN-monkey wrote that there aint gonna be any stealthers in Warhammer... wtf?! I happen to like stealthers :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom