Votes: 206 22.5%
  • No, DAOC forever!

Votes: 206 22.5%
  • Care?

Votes: 112 12.2%

• Total voters

Lannovar

Fledgling Freddie
For me there, i foresee only the end for daoc when WAR comes out. Considering I have been playing this since 2001 this will be sad for me as there is always going to be a little piece of my heart left with this game. Im a huge fan of this game and I like the warhammer style too, so when i heard that (then) Mythic was going to do warhammer on-line it was a bit of a no brainer for me.

For those people who are already slagging WAR off before it arrives, I say that you are jumping the gun a bit. Some people have said that they dont like the cartoony style, which is similar to Wow, they like more real looking characters and environments like DAoC...

Well think about it, you are judging everything on what has been show of Orcs and Dwarfs (naturally a little comical by appearance).

Have you forgotten that also to come are Humans, Chaos, Light and Dark Elves? Im pretty certain that these will look normal (well as normal as chaos and elves can). From what ive read and seen Mythic (EA) with GW are going for a gritty realism with the game. A far cry from WorldofWaltDisneyland. Id say dont write the game off until all of the races have been released.

And as for the biggest thing for WAR that it has going for it compared to other existing MMOs, mythics RVR style. Sure there will be some changes from DAoC, but Mythic knows they have a good thing going on and will want to adapt as much of it as possible to to WAR to bring over existing DAoC players and entice new ones (anyone say RPCowsftw ;p).

I played WoW for about a year or so but got bored, why? ill tell. Grind pve then do instances over and over for a small chance of class specific loot. Spend far to much time doing this untill you have a set of nice gear. Go PVP, well, i call it pvp, its more like a pve free for all, charge the enemy base and kill their enemy general/steal flags/capture resources, before they do. Kinda dull tbh, but the best bit is, release an expansion, up the level cap so all your hard earned gear is defunct. Go grind pve again, have to get another 10 levels. Grind instances again for more leet lewt. Then go pvp, but wait thats a pile cack, /quit

As for advertising, come on! This is EA we are talking about, their products saturate the market, they have a lot more power in the industry than blizzard and I wont be surprised to see adverts regularly on TV and game shops with posters and other assorted paraphenalia splashed everywhere.

Roll on WAR tbh ! :england:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think it's a matter of WHO killing DAOC as much as it is a question of 'Will DAOC make it to WHO's release date to begin with?'.

pip

Banned
It will kill of the low servers imo:( but i think the big servers will be ok? but it's got the ring to it, the 5 minutes clive will allways come back to this great game but will it be to late?

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
It depends whats the min pop across server's has to be to keep it going, if they close servers and cut staff who knows how low it could get before they pull the plug, i'd expect it has another two years left in it yet but populations may get very low indeed when WAR come's out.

The fact that its a new game covering much of the same but on a design thats not 7 year's old and also made by the same company will make many people change.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I think the question to ask is, 'Do you think DAOC will still be alive by the time Warhammer is released?'

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think the question to ask is, 'Do you think DAOC will still be alive by the time Warhammer is released?'

Well, the fact that numbers haven't noticably changed in the 6 weeks since you last asked, there's got to be a good chance.

Darzil

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't notice I had already replied to this ancient thread. ;)

We'll see. I have no urge to move, but if need be, I'll turn off the light here and close the door behind me. :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ancient Thread maybe, but its proving a valid insight to what the playerbase think is going to happen!¬

emma

Loyal Freddie
and i know whats gonna kill warhammer online :) this is ;)

I dont think it will tbh, while the IP certainly has potential THQ have no experience with MMO's so chances are what they do make will just be a clone of something else with different graphics, personally I have alot of faith in mythic when it comes to W.A.R they know what PvP is all about and imho its the only thing that will keep people interested for a long period of time.

E

Eruptix

I dont think it will tbh, while the IP certainly has potential THQ have no experience with MMO's so chances are what they do make will just be a clone of something else with different graphics, personally I have alot of faith in mythic when it comes to W.A.R they know what PvP is all about and imho its the only thing that will keep people interested for a long period of time.

rly?
mythic seems to think that the reason their game was successfull was the siege rvr etc and they keep making it more fun & better

not realizing the only reason why daoc thrived was 8v8 and open ground combat

(imo)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
rly?
mythic seems to think that the reason their game was successfull was the siege rvr etc and they keep making it more fun & better

(imo)

8 vs 8 is a great part of this game, but it was the whole RVR that made this game.

When this game first started not much 8 vs 8 action was to be had in the form it exists today, no set groups, no op'd grp's, no perfect templates.

So no I don't think 8 vs 8 made this game, it did along the way maintain interest for a lot of people for a long time.

I guessing the reason you mention siege is post NF, in OF siege was quite fun, 50 defenders vs 150 attackers, the only way in through the front door, or millions of infils/sbs/NS over the wall.

Thats just my opinion, I've been playing since the start, in OF when it was rare to be group'd let alone in a set group :)

Eble

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
rly?

(imo)

so if 8v8 is so great. why isnt all the oldies still playing? (and i mean the *real* oldies) ppl starting to hate this game when the CS kids started to proclaim that 8v8 was the only acceptable way to play. DAoC rvr lost its fun the secons "zergs" became a word of disrespect. i never had as much fun as when albs or hibs invaded mid with ~300 ppl and we faced them with just as many. or when mids invaded alb or hib.

then came the "1337" CS rejects and slowly but surely fucked things over to a degree where its now dying. this game's pvp WAS perfect. now its just a medival version of CS.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I think it's more likely that people are just sick of it, not that there's anything wrong with it - just that it's been around for a while and people tend to get to get bored of stuff that's been going a long time and want to try something else.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
The humans in W.A.R look pretty "human" to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxCUYtAVtN0

Some footage of the Warrior Priest from the current Alpha Build
Don't like the way he moves, it's unnatural. Anyway I agree with most points mentioned, DAOC needs to evolve more to keep me 100% interested in the long term. However I still see myself playing Age of Conan in the future rather than Warhammer.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Don't like the way he moves, it's unnatural. Anyway I agree with most points mentioned, DAOC needs to evolve more to keep me 100% interested in the long term. However I still see myself playing Age of Conan in the future rather than Warhammer.

Was a nice post from Requiel earlier today adding that he would really hope that you all stay on DAoC earlier if you go look for it :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think it's more likely that people are just sick of it, not that there's anything wrong with it - just that it's been around for a while and people tend to get to get bored of stuff that's been going a long time and want to try something else.

that i'm not going to argue with. but the elitist attitude from the majority of the set groups thats still here sure as hell didnt help keeping ppl here.

yes i am partially blaming those ppl for this servers situation....

kindrid

Fledgling Freddie
omg, just need a new expansion with new great race and class - THE elephantman!! explore new habitats and farm 1-2 new "iwinitems" become cl15 soo you can have all the other usefull ability`s besides desease.
You guys dont realy need to make a new dungeon just place random mobs at brefine with the liit loot soo you all can release the new mega supr cd sooner.

P.S: realy feels like the dude with imagination after release of daoc got fired ;x
P.S.S: Daoc is rotting

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
another week another friday news without even a hint of what they plan to do.

give it up lads, goa just don't give a shit.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Instead we get a background piece story about the Apple Island.
Cool.

.xml stats are not working for like what? 2 months? And no info about it either

How do you want them to find a "long-term solution" if they cant even fix simple xml :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Instead we get a background piece story about the Apple Island.
Cool.

.xml stats are not working for like what? 2 months? And no info about it either

How do you want them to find a "long-term solution" if they cant even fix simple xml :(

suspecting its only requiel left thats running the english servers/web page.... if there were more things would actually happen. 1 person can only do so much, so that would be a explanation.

i mean, its going *so* slow there really cant *be* any other explanation.

Nate

FH is my second home
another week another friday news without even a hint of what they plan to do.

give it up lads, goa just don't give a shit.

I guess the whole idea that they'll only tell us somethings being worked on with no details whatsoever about it is really just a ploy to get a few more monthly subscriptions of the players who hope that one day this might actually come true and GOA will do something. Just look at the Spanish and Italian servers, they haven't done anything for them with the little population those servers have in the years that they have been around..why would it be any different for English servers?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
WAR wont kill doac, doac is doing a fine job of commiting suicide itself.

Pihls PW Guildmaster

Loyal Freddie
Kill daoc EU or US ?

I would say kill daoc EU we dont have any better "stabber" then GOA.

I seen alot in Warhammer and on the grafics side isnt good at all :(
I not a fan of the wowish look or the WH look. it's Cartoonish.
Looks like this " card games my daughter collect at once"

Dark age have the best PvP structure for a Fantasy name and Mythics must goone mad when they invest in WH instead of a Dark age of Camelot II.

I dont consider warhammer to be daoc II ever.

I would love to sub on a truly daoc II game but I will not pay a dime to goa after been exp there service while playing on excalibur..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom