Why did your Chose your name ... ???

O

old.Filip

Ehhh becuase my RL name is Filip.........

i played a lot of starcraft and when i meet some1 from that scene i liked em to kill me my real name ... not something like "DEATHBRINGER" or "SUPZOR ROXZOR"

at 1 time i meet a guy in a work situation that i only knew as "Hund" (the danish word for dog).. and it went like this..

Dog: Hey it's Filip!! how are you doing ?
Filip: Ehhh.. hmm.. well hi dog.. im fine and you ?

(kind of feel's strange for 1 suit to call another suit a dog)

or the odd..

Phone Rings:

Aikmore: Hey its Aikmore..
Filip: Ehhh hi Rasmus...

Y

Yali Hinata

Originally posted by Rhuric
Rhaurc was taken =(, bah cant even be sure if I spelt it right....well, not entirely fitting for a alb cleric, but what the heck

Pie for the first to get where it is from...... (and what he is)

PS. Deleted alts : Mathrim Cauthon, and Martyn Tallanvor

Rhuarc and the others are from Wheel Of Time :p (i checked the spelling btw ) and a great series it is...im reading it again..

oh my name...Yali was generated, Hinata is japanese for honey or darling...yes yes i know im a lovable guy ;/

P

Phyleus

I've seen "Phyleus" in a book (don't remember where though) and then at the time I was about level 10ish I've read an article about Africa and there was this word "Enkidaaroto", which means "Destruction" in English. Fits quite well to a fire wizzie with all the nuking and stuff :)

So I am Phyleus Enkidaaroto now :)

C

Cuthervaen

I've been told Cuthervaen is the celtic god of hangover, so I thought it woudl be fit for someone who hits you on the head with a big hammer.

However I'm not very sure of that, it's quite possible the celt who told me this was making fun of me, or drunk, or both.

S

stupidshady

mine aint exactly a DAoC name, just when I ever play a game my name would be stupid shady, but first my main was the theur ( uberly gimped btw :D ) and now its my armsman, he's named Shady ( whitch aint all bad :) )

O

osy

in all the betas i played, I was Hrafnir, small/dwarf zerkie. Was a fun char to play, with all the roleplaying possibilities that derived from it: gnaaaarrrrr, i smash you... me kill

but then, when i was about to roll on the live excalibur version... something terribly wrong happened to my universe... I saw a friend playing a skald... the speed, the dds, the mezz, the rest song, oh, the possibilities.... and I still get to slash things in pieces with me axe ? hummm...

so, there it was, something went wrong when all was well, hence... Murphy's Law

F

fl3a

Keel cuz i play q3a a lot, and i was making a big badass troll shammie ... and the most badass model in q3a is ofc Keel ;)

Flea cuz i use fl3a everywhere else, and, well u cant use fl3a in daoc and also it wouldnt look too good :p

and last names. PoisonFist & BloodFist ... dunno, ask whambo :p

B

butcha

Butcha was the first computer rpg character I ever made. It was when pool of radiance was released in 1988 and I was 9 years old. It was in the beginning of my roleplaying career and of course I wanted to make a dwarf. Dwarves were cool, as were big weapons that dealt a lot of damage... Hence I made a heck of a lot of dwarves with twohanded swords at that age. =)

However, in pool of radiance one could customize the appearance... so I made him a black plate mail... plate mails and black was also cool. =)

So when I started playing Ad&D I transferred the idea to that rpg. It was my first Ad&d character as well. Now I have played Ad&d for 14 years. Butcha is amazingly still alive and well and currently at level 20.

As I grew up and matured I have come to question if the name Butcha, dwarves with great swords and black platemails may be a little... hrrm... childish... but then I realize after 14 years one has become very attached to the character.

We have lived through so many adventures that one must almost consider him a part of myself. Much of the morale and values I have gotten has been through the eyes of this good natured dwarf.

Thus, when creating my daoc character I never had much of a choice. =)

R

Rhuric

Rhuarc and the others are from Wheel Of Time :p (i checked the spelling btw ) and a great series it is...im reading it again..

Only half of the pie for you as you didnt say what Rhuarc was.....but otherwise good thingie......waiting for the 10th book :clap:

C

Cowled

Cowled Wizards from Baldurs Gate II :)

Cowled means Hooded, so i choosed that :p

T

Torin

My usual nick was busy ...

So i made dwarf healer - and what could be better name for dwarf then Torin ?

And for my RM - there is russian fairytale and Baba Yaga is old witch with big broom ... and doesnt Rms look like witches ? so here we go :)

O

old.sbr

I got one of most weird names, I guess. I'm called "Dev". This was not on purpose, this was simply name I liked. Later I added lastname "Null". Some of you know what "Dev Null" means. :)

The weirdness is that I'm not visible with "/who dev". Why? Because "/who DEV" means see DEVELOPERS online. LOL :)

I get lotsa questions, why do I play anon. Actually I'm not anon. I even have macro to answer this question. :)

--
Dev /SM 4x/

L

luapo

take the o off and u get my name backwards, and the "o" is just random

A

angrysquirrel

angrysquirrel cause im a hibbie and when you come to moi lawwnd i gets all angry like and im a squirrel cause i live in a tree..

bard..cause im a luri nightshade and it confuses people...

karen must be some form of sentimentality and sunrise for no reason whatsoever...

B

boni_ofdavoid

Boni from the trapdoor animated series cause:-
I started playing with a bard called Berk.
Boni is a moaning ,sarcastic intelligent plastacine skull, that shares a few character traits with my void mage :)

T

Tigerius

Tigerius became alive when I was a wee lad on his first merry online gaming adventure many years ago, this required registering a nick and unimaginatively it fell on the venerable Tiberius which I'm sure most of you know one of the two associations for, here the story gets a bit cloudy and I'm not sure if the b was replaced by g for reasons of wanting to be slightly original (I like to think so :p), or after (not unlikely) finding TiBerius to be taken it was just varied to get something the registering process accepted or maybe it was just a simple misspelling. Fact is atleast today I couldn't be happier about it as it feels better in so many ways but that's definately partly due to me getting so used to being called it from many many years of gaming with it. Tigerius became Tig.. Tig became Tiggy and even Notorious T.I.G. Tiggy became TiggyWiggy* and well the flexibility of the nickname has proven unending in the minds of my near n dear ;)

That's my nickname but not my charname, coming from D2 not too far before DAoC I was used to the system of Nickname being account name and then char names being a subcategory to that which suited me (and made alting so much easier) as the nick represents me whereas chars are chars. Tigerius doesn't feel fantasy no matter what the romans claim so it seemed better using other char names. Sadly it means to my ingame friends the nickname has been lost along the way.

Main char name is a name from my umpteenth D2 Amazon which I promptly made up some day and is meant to resemble Divine which suited the Cleric role which is why I chose to reuse it. I won't write it out here, not that it's hard to guess, as I've since learnt to appreciate the value of being able to flame without people knowing your nick.

Some comments on what other people said:

Filip: Agree fully on the awkwardness of 'introducing' yourself under a nickname, feels really silly, I've been able to live with Tig even IRL but well :) So Aik is Rasmsus eh? Thanks for the info, be sure to use it against him sometime.

Appollo: I've seen the way you don't look at me, I've seen the way you dress, I've seen your guild colors.. it's nothing to be ashamed about. Carl Weathers in his 80's peak wearing nothing but hotpants and tight linens can make the closet door easy to find for anyone I guess.

Odysseus: Calling the guy smart for challenging the gods eh? :p

* Due to a recent court ruling on the possibly confusing nature of this name I am inclined to make this statement that I am in no way associated with the Teletubbies show and that I have no intentions to use the name for my economic gain.

O

old.Wildfire

"Notorious T.I.G."

Can I start collecting royalties off that one yet? :)

B

Bobbi

Freiia cos it is a name that I like very much and the name I nearly gave to my daughter.

Eleri and Carys cos they are good Welsh names. I also have an eld called Bobbi and that is pretty unimaginative cos its my rl name.

Pretty boring really compared to most...

O

old.Moriaana

Moriaana Etuul:
from a book. Pie to the first correct answer :)

Guenhwyvar:
also from a book. No pie for that one though, it's way too easy :p

Caitiri:
Gosh another book :eek: not very original am I

Jaded Dreams:
spent most of Moriaana's high20's and low30's living in fear of an infi called Faded Myths. Seemed cool so I erm... modified it :p Actually its the name of a friends band.

Buffme TheBeetleSlayer:
Hmm wonder where that came from :)

O

old.Anarki

Anarki - bot from Quake3 ;)
I played q3 good b4 started daoc as my 1st rpg EVER, and now lost all skill ;(

I

illu

illu from years ago when I played quake - it was named after a skin that you could blend into the textures with called illusion. I thought I wasn't sure whether someone was called illusion already - so I called myself illusion2.

As time went by it got shortened to illu2, then to illu :)

so illu is my healer, illusb - my sb, illusruney - you guessed it my runey, illushelper my little helper buffer, and illuskald my little lvl5 menace that I send out scouting and attacking lvl50's :)

I think that's all of them.

Might be making an illushammy soon, if I get the time. Madness.

Oli - ILLU

A

Ambulance

Ambulance .....dont think i even have to explain why ;)

Albie Lvl 2x Sorc ....its my middle name so i might aswell make some use of it

Hula infil ...Bad nickname i have had for years

Sturmrider Theurg .... was taken from a book i was reading and sort of fits a theurg with all the wind/ice/earth damage they deal out.

Ambulance lvl50 Rejuv Cleric <First Cohort>
and
the
rest
of
my
alts

L

Lessurl

Lessurl - anagram of my real name, thought it sounded elven. No prizes for guessing :p
Dansin - Dancing...he's a bard...gettit? Oh i give up :p
Shawr Tarse - Ns, luri, need i say more?
Everything - Was gonna make last name Butthektichensink, but i thought it would be too long and annoy peeps. :D

Deleted ones,
Leggit - was my name for alt mages because i got a reputation for endin up runnin away a lot with less whilst soloin at lower lvls. ;) Someones nicked it now tho cos when i tried to make a new mage it was taken. Grrr.
Lessuri - Because about 50% of people seem to think that's the name of my main so i made a new mage called that to confuse em. ;)

T

Tigerius

Lusse-RL.. the RL being put there to signify it was your RL name.. :p nah.

Sellsur
Sullser
Urssel
Lurless
Lleruss

since there were no points for guessing I won't bother with any serious guess. Oh and sorry for poking fun here but it's 6am and I'm giggling like only someone very tired does at it :)

W

wolvon fury

logo_hi-resb.jpg

Wolven (wul-ven) n. 1. Shield Wolf. 2. In ancient legends, a white, winged, wolf-like creature; a personal guardian; a symbol of protection.
/edit
Wolven was taken, so thats why am barrysworld account called Wolvon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom