Why did your Chose your name ... ???

O

old.Tdaer

Why the name u have in DAoC ??

I chose Tdaer casue it's an elf name I made up for one of my AD&D characters :D and Elves are supposed to be uber ..

Besides - I couln't take Drizzt - BAH !

elf out

O

old.Leel

Someone suggested Leel Bish as an acronym for little bitch as a name for their alt when I played on Galahad. I thought it was cool so I took it:)
And if people complain when I'm bitching, then I can just say that I'm roleplaying my name:-P

F

festima

Fest comes from my days in EQ, where a member of my old guild use to use fest at the end of almost every sentance.

eg: gank-fest, camp-fest, loot-fest, pk-fest, duel-fest etc.

been using fest, festima etc. for over 5 years, and even one of my cats is called festima.

L

-Lonewolf-

Well cause my Armsman is Lonewolf already and the name Light sounded cool

As for the name Lonewolf had it gooood for ages back when I use to play Counter-Strike tons

O

old.Kerosene

My old TFC name.. which came about coz I was a solly firing rockets... and the rockets are fuelled by....

C

Calere

I chose my name coz in Latin it means "glow with heat" thought that this would be kinda funky for a mage. Also, peeps generally call others by the first 3 letters.... Cal - I can live with that :)

B

belth

Cause my regular was taken and I needed a new one :p

A

alithiel50

Alithiel is from the Janny Wurts series 'Wars of Light and Shadow'

It's the name of a sword that was traditionally carried by the heir to the throne, and means 'Starlight'.... It seemed appropriate for a sword-swinging babe ;)

Most of my alts names come from books, too:

Xanetia, Elysoun : The Tamuli, David Eddings
Leitha: Redemption of Althalus, David Eddings
Elaira: Wars of Light and Shadow, Janny Wurts

The only exception is Avellana..... which is spanish for Hazelnut, and was picked when I was struggling to decide on a name (the ones I wanted were taken), and had a box of pralines with the ingredients in spanish on my desk! :p

T

talen_sun

Talen Sun is the name of Aryen's father from Farscape (She named Moya's son Talen in memory of her father)

as for alts -

Akashic Brother is the name of a member of the Akashic Brotherhood tradition of mages from White Wolf's Mage:The Acension (damn i'm crap at spelling!!)

Toyan Dicch is my Star Wars name.

Jool is one of the newer characters in Farscape, who's scream can melt metal...

O

old.E][Waemohs

mine was generated as Waemos, added the H :)

T

TocaBell

i was reading about Toca touring cars for the playstation, looked kinda cool for a name...

J

Jozen

hmm i choosed Alderian, made it up couse it sounded like a epic fantasy name, perfect for a fantasy game and it is a celt name so its a perfect match. The name Jozen i had while i played FPS games before, kinda came natural to name second char that.

G

Gray-CF

choose gray for several reasons - main one is from an old manga comic called grey death. gray/grey tis all the same.

Also just sounds nice - kinda gray wolf etc etc.

Plus gray is a dark colour - stealther etc

And Alts name is Honey monster - cause he a big dumb firendly firby :)

Who likes morning cereal

F

Feldegast

Well I picked up Feldegast a long time ago while playing QW (wich I suck at)
Name is from the Mallorean by D.Eddings. Feldegast is one of the magicians disguises. Feldegast is a jester from the looks of it even thos in his true form he's a mighty and wise (altho ugly) wizard.

Since Beldin (the wizard) used Feldegast as a fake appearance I thought it would be a nice name for my online appearance. Deep aint it =)
Oh even tho Beldin is ugly doesnt mean I am lol =)

E

eös

two reasons, first being Eos is greek goddess of the dawn, think it sounds quite romantic :p second being i was listening to crimson by Edge Of Sanity when i made her :)

oh and my lastname is Somberlain as i was listening to The Somberlain by Dissection when i chose it, im not very creative :eek:

A

Archeon

it was my old LoM name, that and its also a typo of the 'archon' unit in starcraft :D

Z

Zill

I took mine from the cartoon Dastardly and Muttley.

O

old.DachraK

DachraK was a feared UT CTF player and sounded kinda fearish..

G

Gurthaur

Got mine (Gurthaur) from the Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien.

It was an elvish name for Sauron, means "the cruel one" read it in swedish so I might have translated it wrong.

Morbidus is just cuz I like killing stuff, and it sounds nice; Gurthaur Morbidus. ;)

Gurthaur Morbidus the lvl50 Warrior troll

C

Cloak_

I chose Falcon coz it was nick given to me by my m8`s while laser questing years ago (due to an unnatural accuracy :p )
The Last name however *Youngblood* come from my old MW Clan Jade Falcons (Which also influenced my 1st name).
Followed Jason Youngblood through the making of the clan and loved the name for a tank class.

Forrest Gump however,, well um guess :p

Cloak EnDagger, usual shady name etc

Kisenda Addams - Wanted Morticia(sp) but the name was taken,, hence I wanted a Dark sounding name with a twist,, eg Kiss - Sender.

Ahh im babbling :D

B

bjarnulf

Well Krivo isn't very norse so I picked an old Swedish name. Sounds a bit like a troll to me..... And the nice little troll who lived under a rock is called Bjarnulf. Might work in a saga don't u think?

O

old.Arnor

I had been trying to think of a name for my daoc-char when suddenly a night I was trying to sleep "Arnor" was just embedded in my brain and bob's yer uncle.

A

Alkoran

Akai, elven name I made up, dunno when, I think it might have been for my first ranger in Baldurs Gate. This one always belongs to my stealthy types. Aparently it means "red" in Japaneese.

Mikhal, real name is Michael, Mikhal sounds much cooler:cool:

Lianar, name of my EQ druid (elf) unfortunately you can't have an elven naturalist in DAoC. This belongs to my druids and other tree huggers :D

Alkoran Makkarialis --> Me, the name I use when I'm not a charater, I don't know what I chose it for or what it was supposed to mean.

D

deadparrot

Thought i'd have a different name for my first char, thats where the random name generator came in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom