Strike 3! Your Out Goa

G

Gorrion

Agree, this is NOT what i am paying for, i know my own pc is slow and i lag alot in epic Battles, but atleast the server should not crash just because mid's and alb's are having a Huge fight in Jamtland midgard. 3 times since sunday that is not accepteble and serious messures should be taken by mythic now. GOA is not up to it, and shold not be allowed to ever provide (so called servers) for a mmog ever again.

Regards
Gorrion

A

Auriel

It's going to need some sort of coded solution by the looks of it, so I'm not even vaguely surprised.

A

Auriel

Originally posted by Gorrion
Agree, this is NOT what i am paying for, i know my own pc is slow and i lag alot in epic Battles, but atleast the server should not crash just because mid's and alb's are having a Huge fight in Jamtland midgard. 3 times since sunday that is not accepteble and serious messures should be taken by mythic now. GOA is not up to it, and shold not be allowed to ever provide (so called servers) for a mmog ever again.

Regards
Gorrion

It's Mythic's server code, and GOA can't touch it from what I understand... so GOA are just as screwed as us unless it's their server hardware.

G

Gorrion

im almost 100% sure it is Server problems and not some programming my mythic, else alot more servers would crash, the problem is that the server/servers obviously cannot handle the large scale combat's, and the data simply cannot be handeled fast enough.
The problem will prolly get even worse when TOA is released if the server remain as it is atm. i truely hope not! .

Regards
Gorrion

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Auriel
It's Mythic's server code, and GOA can't touch it from what I understand... so GOA are just as screwed as us unless it's their server hardware.

Code is software, servers are hardware.

Pryd is not having the same problems, therefore it would be pretty safe assuming that the issue would not be that hard to fix.

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by Auriel

Bollocks - the server's fine, I'm sat here quite happily now. Just can't login my BB because the feckin' login server's down again :(

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Danamyr
Bollocks - the server's fine, I'm sat here quite happily now. Just can't login my BB because the feckin' login server's down again :(

Your assuming the login server is hosted on a differant server??

I honestly dont know the config of the servers, so I cant speculate as to what exactly the problem is, I do know however if a zone goes and your BB is in an ok zone and it stays alive you better not log out :)

D

dwali

Regards
Gorrion

btw i heard they are gonna put in to host WoW to...i wounder how that server will Work :p

R

redfern

It has absolutely nothing to do with the code. I have played the US servers and there is no problems there, even with 300+/300+ clash in a RR. The problem have to be the servers GoA is running. Either they are too small or they are running other gamesservers on the same pc. We know that GoA runs many more online games, so I would not be the least surprised if they run multiple gameservers on each pc. Btw - am I the only one who noticed that when all servers crashed Sunday, the french servers was still running.

Personally I give them to the end of the month - if the problem persists I dont renew my account but reopen my US acount.

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by redfern
Personally I give them to the end of the month - if the problem persists I dont renew my account but reopen my US acount.

I've just come back from the US mate and didn't enjoy it nearly as much :( Don't know if that's because the attitude's different over there, or if I just missed playing with friends I'd made over the last 2 yrs or what...it is a damn sight more stable and polished then Euro DAoC though...

R

redfern

Originally posted by Danamyr
I've just come back from the US mate and didn't enjoy it nearly as much :( Don't know if that's because the attitude's different over there, or if I just missed playing with friends I'd made over the last 2 yrs or what...it is a damn sight more stable and polished then Euro DAoC though...

I agree that many friends have left the US server. But things are much smoother there. Theese last 3 months here have been hell and I'd rather re-introduce myself at the US than keep getting frustrated here.

R

rhemis

which is exactly what ive just done myself, sent off for the game from the US and now im waiting to get started again, i dont mind im losing 3 lvl 50's its only time, id rather play a stable game with frequent updates and INGAME support than this pile of piss GOA passes off as DAOC.

S

svartmetall

I've got a lot of friends in this game, and have invested a LOT of time and effort into my characters...but this really is just taking the piss.

GOA are so fucking clueless, I wish there were some way we could sue them for incompetence. And this is after we have to pay these fucks MORE for the "service" we receive...?

Any more of this and I will move to the US servers, GOA are ruining this game and we all know it. As much as anything else, it will feel so sweet knowing that none of my hard-earned cash is going to these useless twats.

F

finbahr

im almost 100% sure it is Server problems and not some programming my mythic, else alot more servers would crash, the problem is that the server/servers obviously cannot handle the large scale combat's, and the data simply cannot be handeled fast enough.
The problem will prolly get even worse when TOA is released if the server remain as it is atm. i truely hope not! .

Regards
Gorrion
or they can translate from english to french to german but not back again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom