Why did your Chose your name ... ???

M

minime_

Choose my name Minime, coz Minime likes chocolate. Dunno where i got my lastname from, it just kinda happend.

G

g0ldenbone

I chose goldenbone because a mate of mine used to own a human femur which, for some lunatic reason, he spraypainted gold.

He then suspended it on a pully and hung it from his bedroom ceiling with a light shining on it..

Needless to say it was quite a moment when I first saw it :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Lessurl

Don't be silly, you've only got one l in that one. :p

definitely couldn't be Russell of course.

P

Pfy

Pfy = Pimply Faced Youth, apprentice to the BFOH ...

I once got called it at my old work, so, I kinda just used that :/

Alts are Pfeh etc as its kinda similar ...

T

Takhasis

Dunno why i chose my main name, liked the books i guesss...

As for my alt, work it out ;)

D

De_0ranjenaar

Me Troll I live in midGard warm there....
Me name Knokker Ghazghkull mean fighter....
Im son of Ghazhkull Leader of Orc army...
I back by Timemachine me dont like 40k anymore me want fantasy...

anyway to get to the point :p
Knokker is a Dutch(netherland) word for fighter, my char is a zerker ( big hamster :))
An Ghazghkull leader of the orC army from 40k, Coolest model ever made :)

A

andruril

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
My old TFC name.. which came about coz I was a solly firing rockets... and the rockets are fuelled by....

Oh no! not you here! :)

Anyhow, i chose my name as Andruril (Striders sword *from LoTR* was called Anduril, but me being stupid as usual made a typo :D)

I also have a wiz who's called Glamdring (Gandalfs sword) and umm...

Im out.. :)

C

citybilen

well, im a member of the danish cs clan, Klan HERMAN, and our irc channel is #citybilen and Citybilen is our god, that we pray to etc. :D
so it was obvisouisly (pheck my english skills :D) to choose that name, I have had chars with names like : Straalende, Kratluskeren, Atommagten, Bananrepublikken and Magicmissile too :D
now u think, omg his lame, he ruins the roleplaying, yep, im lame :p

S

soulvomit2000

chose Valeria cos it sounds ok, and i couldnt come up with a better... and i dont like names like "Sneaky Snake" hmmmm Sneaky Snake was cool really... why didnt i think of that b4 ;>

O

old.Hu$tler

My characters names:

Yomoma BleedsLikeMehLing 49 Chanter [ u seen the film Kick Boxer? I think I was pissed ]
England Victorious 24 Hero [Cus we were and still are ;) ]
Husstler BadgerSlayer 24 Ranger [ Hu$tler is my nick but some nuggets nicked it ]
Beer 6 Shade [cus its the only thing im good at :p ]

L

loxleyhood

Robin Hood's title, before being outlawed was Robin of Loxley, Loxley being a province near Nottingham I assume.

O

old.Kahless

Kahless is kinda like a prophet of the warrior race the Klingons in Star Trek.

I used this name for Diablo 2 and other rpg games.

The surname Klingonsson was an attempt to make Klingon look norse :)

And my Q3 name is MrTeatime , though I dotn play that much these days, reactions time is shocking ! :eek:

One slightly furry boiled sweet to the peep that tells me where i got MrTeatime from.....

V

Vell

Vell, Garuthel, Vorket, Aslegan, Jerothiden, Frafgril and all my other names were all kinda made up on the spot, they just sounded cool.
Rhoderick sounded like a friar-type name to choose. Not sure who I know called Rhoderick but it was in the back of my mind so it must have come from somewhere.
Galille was chosen as she was meant to be the sister of Galiracia, two cute kobolds runnig around slicing people's necks.
Glynn because it sounded kinda cool for a celt.

The surnames for my Midgard characters - Fentesk, Bolk, and OorTael came from the book Arena (one of the Magic:The Gathering novels) - the names were the names of three of the 5 houses the battled each other. I liked the sound of them.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by old.Kahless
One slightly furry boiled sweet to the peep that tells me where i got MrTeatime from.....

Mr Teatime is from The Hogfather, by Terry Pratchett.... you can keep the furry boiled sweet, though :p

J

Jimli

Originally posted by alithiel50

Mr Teatime is from The Hogfather, by Terry Pratchett.... you can keep the furry boiled sweet, though :p

Pronounced as Teh-ah-tim-eh ofcourse ;)

A

arladon

Grimkrag - Because he's pretty Grim looking with a huge forward like chin, and Krag cause of I just thought it up?

Treasure Hunter - SB - Tailor and vault stuffer(dah)

Derdrimx - I thought of that as a Elf name ages back(without the x of course cause a horse is a horse acours acours)

Nelthar - Cause I thought it up magically with the help from the horse.

Excalibur - Officer - Cause he was a plate wearing Armsman

Tobasco Sauce - Mmmmm Tobasco sauce....

Ervander - An old name I thought about a long time ago with the help from the horse cause the horse is a horse acours it's a horse.

O

old.Second

i choose Galendawen since it was the name i had on the beta that the random name generator made for me:p

I called my 2nd char for Second Character since it was my second character and i was out of ideas:p

E

Eldri

Eldritcha as it was the 5th char I started on Hib within 4 days and got bored thinking of interesting names,

Doonya has long been an online name I've used, is an old gipsy name apparently

Alainn Bas translates to Beautiful Death which i liked the sound of
for a nightshade

My bf and I also made chars named Hibbee and Hibbie Treehugger when we first went to Hibbie land, confused a lot of peope with the 2 of us runnng round with similar names, will have to drag them out of hiding soon

My old Mid/Pryd spiritmistress was Rauthott Helcwen, roughly meaning RedTerror (with the red norse hair) Hell Woman

R

Ryu_Murasame

Ryushin - I took the Japanese words for Dragon (ryu) and spirit or holy demon (shin) and just added them together for effect! - Someone already had Masamune, I was not happy about that!! ;)

Brearios - From the Manga Appleseed. Brearios - H is the Cyborg friend of the main character

Isamune - From the Japanese word Strength (Isamu)

S

Sabu

The day i played my first game online i saw an Akira kurosawa Film: Ran.

Saburo was the third of the 3 brothers of the history.

My first char in Daoc was a mecenary named Saburo, i didnt want to delete it so my pally was named Sabu :p

F

Falcor

my name is a fluffy dragon off never ending story =p

awww

D

-Dreama-

My name is my wedding song. How very girly of me huh!

:clap: :wub::clap:

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by falcor
my name is a fluffy dragon off never ending story =p

awww

ahhhhhh yes, i knew ive seen that name before :D

My name is from the movie Event Horizon(excellent movie btw)

When the guy holds up the 2 eyeballs and says: Liberate tuteme exinferis (save yourself from hell)

woila =)

T

Tleilax

My name Kurik comes from a trilogy written by David Eddings

C

censi

Censimilia cuz its cute little name for a luri.....

I luv my name.... has to be the most original thing on daoc... (apart from my little face macros)

<blows trumpet>

O

old.Xarr

The name Xarr just came to me several years ago when I had to name one of my characters in a d&d session. I don't like snagging names from various books/films etc because I find it kinda cheesy. maybe just maybe if it's from some underground flick/book.

So there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom