Books Whats everyone reading atm?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Whilst on holiday i read: Book 5, 6 and 7 of the Wheel of Time series (it really is coming along very nicley imo)
Jane Austen - Pride and Predj (one of her better ones)
Bernard Cornwell - Sharpes Tiger (nicely written but too short. Still, i like his description of battles)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
atm I'm reading "Lord of Chaos", which is book 6 of the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. (yes, this is the second time in a row I'm reading the series up to book 10). I'm a bit sad as the first time around I found that RJ loses it a bit after book 6.

books I intend getting are the "His dark materials" and "Life of Pi". I need more books!! more dammit :eek:;):D

mank!

Part of the furniture
Saint Morrissey by Mark Simpson. I think the author is the most obsessed person I've ever come across. This book may scare Moz.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
mank said:
Saint Morrissey by Mark Simpson. I think the author is the most obsessed person I've ever come across. This book may scare Moz.

Hehe - sounds good - worth a read ? :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This Torch of Freedom, the speeches of Stanley Baldwin.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Reading Wheel of time for the second time too :)
At book 5 again atm...

TdC

hmm, well as I mentioned, I found he starts to lose it a bit after Lord of Chaos. what did you think? I'm kinda hoping that I shall have to correct myself, because first time around I had to buy the books as I went...and sometimes had a couple of weeks between them. This time I can burn right through the lot of them and will have events current in my mind etc.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Indeed! I enjoyed them upto book 7
8 was still ok, but Winter's Heart was a bit boring. Nothing really happens to the main chars.
Haven't read Crossroads of Twilight yet cause I was waiting for the paperback edition but kinda forgot :)

A friend send me New Spring in rtf format but I'm guessing it's just the first chapter (it's only 49 pages).

TdC

well, I have them from 1 to 10, so if you've any that aren't part of that series I'd be pretty keen to have a look at them Mr Lazman :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
well, I have them from 1 to 10, so if you've any that aren't part of that series I'd be pretty keen to have a look at them Mr Lazman :)

well, 1-10 is all he has written so far :p

but I do have other books written by other authors

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Currently reading Deception Point by Dan Brown. Read the Davinci Code the other day and loved the style and the story. Water stones has Dan's other 3 books in the 3 for 2, so I have Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress to read next.

Still working my way through The Dark Tower series when I can as well.

TdC

Lazarus said:
well, 1-10 is all he has written so far :p

but I do have other books written by other authors

do tell....I'm all ears. got a list?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
ill try and pull a list together tonight - after decorating!

you fussy only for Fantasy books, or will I list them all?

TdC

all of them please matey, I've got fantasy coming out my nose atm :/

Cyradix

FH is my second home
TdC said:
I've got fantasy coming out my nose atm :/

If a hot female elf comes out of your nose just lemme know.
I'll even wash off the snot and noise hairs myself ;)

TdC

if a hot female elf crawls out of my nose I'm calling up my friend Anita for some mad 3way se><or tbh.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
some lateral thinking book by Louis de Borno or something. utter pap but i've run out of stuff to read.

just finsihed "A Short History of Almost Everything" by the travel guy. Rather dull if rather endearing. He spends far too much time describing cells imo and it can all get a bit brain heavy but there are the few odd amusing ancedotes here and there make it worthwhile. Also expands your knowledge somewhat and builds upon what you know.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Just finished Short history of nearly everything by Bill Bryson, and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

Both v. good.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sar said:
Just finished Short history of nearly everything by Bill Bryson, and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

Both v. good.

Just picked up the Da Vinci Code as part of a 3 for 2 thing in Borders. Haven't started it yet though. Just finishing Settling Accounts by Harry Turtledove, which is part of his ongoing 'what if the CSA won the civil war?' saga (about book no 8 I think), starts with an alternate WWI, an alternative inter-war years, and now its just got into an alternate WWII. Very good stuff, but I'd recommend starting right at the beginning of the series ('How Few Remain') if you want to make sense of it.

leggy

Probably Scottish
God damn, Dan Brown in trite formulaic nonsense. I've read Deception point and Demons and Angels and there seems to be too much of "Oh what a coincidence" about them. They are obviously well researched and fairly educational (to a point). I just found them too hard to swallow in the end though. I gave da vinci a bypass.

Reading Man and Boy again atm. I need some new books.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm about to read - Life of Pi which is supposed to be very good.

I am then going to read - Musungu Jim and the Great Chief Tuloko which is about ZAMBAWI (a banana republic). Supposed to be a great read and very funny.

Gowen DownTpub

Fledgling Freddie
Just finished book 10 in the Eye of the world series - does get a bit slow but still enjoyed it.

Will probably re-read the Daughter of the Empire Trilogy next, its been a long time since I read them and really liked em first time round.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I just finished "Use Of Weapons" by Iain M Banks - excellent book, loved the ending.

And i've now finally got around to reading "1984" by George Orwell and I can see why so many people reccomend it, excellent so far.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bullitt said:
I just finished "Use Of Weapons" by Iain M Banks - excellent book, loved the ending.

And i've now finally got around to reading "1984" by George Orwell and I can see why so many people reccomend it, excellent so far.

I just bought 'The Wasp Factory' by Banks having previously read 'Dead Air' and really enjoyed it. I gather 'The Wasp Factory' is quite different but I am looking forward to it, nonetheless. That said, right now I am just finishing Dean Koontz' 'One Door Away From Heaven' which I must say I have really truly enjoyed reading, I'd recommend it very highly!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished Snowcrash, real funny book! The overall plot is pretty basic, but the setting is good and makes the book fun to read.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Escape said:
Just finished Snowcrash, real funny book! The overall plot is pretty basic, but the setting is good and makes the book fun to read.

Top book. All Neal Stephenson's stuff is good tbh. Cryptonomicon is one of my all-time faves.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Finished the "Liveship Traders" series by Robin Hobb and moved onto her book 3 of "The Tawny Man Series"

in between, also read "Contest" by Matthew Reilly and another book which I can remember (shows how good THAT one was)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom