Books Whats everyone reading atm?

Kempy

Fledgling Freddie
Be My Enemy- Christopher Brookmyre

Not enjoying it as much as his previous books, hoping its gonna liven up soon :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just finished finally reading all the Harry Potter books. Was worth it after the first 2, the 4th and 5th especially were very good reads -couldn't put them down.

Before that it was the English Passangers by Matthew Kneale (go read it now) and Warlock by Wilbur Smith (best Wilbur Smith book I have read).

Just got the Dark Materials Trilogy and Sweet Thames by Matthew Kneale in the post, so thats the rest of my week taken up.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
oh god, i hated English Passengers, no offence but the story failed to capture me at all, though the ending was quite good and I quite enjoyed the manx sailors (whay hey!)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
My current before bed reading:

American Gods by Neil Gaiman - Read this when it was first released but I received it as a Christmas Present so decided to read again as its probably my favourite novel of all time.
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...32825/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-3563988-4713229)

In Search of King Solomon's Mines By Tahir Shah - Very interesting book about the modern day explorer Tahir Shah's quest for King Solomons mines. (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0719563364/026-3563988-4713229)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction

Welcome back Moley, this book is bloody hilarious. :D

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
Wuthering Heights, strangely enough. Other than that, The Little Friend by Donna Tartt, though I haven't picked it up in ages.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Got The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown for xmas, and it lives up to the hype, its well good book :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
atm I'm reading The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time by RJ and Theresa Patterson. After this it's Dan Brown's DaVinci Code :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
LordjOX said:
Got The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown for xmas, and it lives up to the hype, its well good book :)
it is good, i agree but it leaves one a bit stumped unless your very familiar with all the places and things thy talk about, i spent half a day in the luvre so i know what theyr talking bout when they are in there but some of the stuff is completely new to me so detracted a bit, although i was very impressed overall :)

/edit - pre-ordered harry potter 6 4tehwin!

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
I thought angels and demons was much better than the da vinci code. The da vinci code seemed like exactly the same story but instead of the illuminati, it was some other religious group.

Perhaps the Illuminati just interests me more than some god squadding book...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just finished the "His Dark Materials" trilogy, was absolutly hooked. Shame it ended, I wanted more.

Think I'm going to do Artemis Fowl next.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im reading The Victors by Stephen Ambrose. Its fucking toss :/

Christ, its regurgatated American toss at that.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Chilly said:
it is good, i agree but it leaves one a bit stumped unless your very familiar with all the places and things thy talk about, i spent half a day in the luvre so i know what theyr talking bout when they are in there but some of the stuff is completely new to me so detracted a bit, although i was very impressed overall :)

The book was indeed so good, that I ordered the other 3 Dan Brown has written. Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons and Deception Point. I like Digital Fortress well as much :)

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Main Book:- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. (I'm enjoying it a lot but it seems to be unpopular with a lot of people. A bit wordy perhaps :p).

On the side (not finished):- Life of Pi, How gobbledygook conquered the world, white elephants and red herrings and Nicholas Nickleby.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:

I got the Illustrated edition it got purdy pictures of all the art and places :)

last read : snowcrash (Neal Stephenson)
current : Zodiac (Neal Stephenson)

mank!

Part of the furniture
I'm reading John Peel's biography, it's most interesting.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Reading Dom Joly's autobiography, tis very funny

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
I'm reading John Peel's biography, it's most interesting.

dont you get the feelin it was released far too quickly and is probably a bt substandard?

im reading Chronicles by Dylan, After The Quake by Haruki Murakami and just about to start reading Motorcycle Diaries byh Che Guevara. Chronicles was amazing for the first 150pages, ok for the next 50 pages and by 210 it's getting kinda dull, as though he lost interest in the book. After the Quake is brilliant, and Murakami hasn't dissapointed me yet.

mank!

Part of the furniture
It's kind of strange reading tributes about Peel a couple of months after he died, in a book I've had for nearly four weeks. Dunno, some of it seems a bit shoddy but a lot of biographies are.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Bringin Down the House - Ben Mezrich

True story about a group of MIT grads who teamfuck Vegas for millions. Excellent if simple read.

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
Just started reading Great Expectations at school. It's funny listening to ze class reading out their part and swapping between posh, pirate, Irish and 'I am a laaaady!' accents. :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
finished: the daVinci code
(re)reading: the eye of the world
expected: a brief history of time, his dark materials (trilogy)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished the Bourne series of books. Damn good reading, nothing like the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom