Books Whats everyone reading atm?

gohan

FH is my second home
View attachment 24308

Since it's a story about very old school gaming and MMO's it should appeal to pretty much everyone here.
My brother is working on the sets for the film of this so bought everyone in family the book. Never heard of it before but it's actually really good! and nostalgic as fuck

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They're great books (for the most part) as well. I got hooked on the series about 10 years ago and always look out for the new one.

leggy

Probably Scottish
White Noise - Don de Lillo

Nothing like facing your own mortality on a daily basis.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just finished the latest in the Rivers of London series, The Hanging Tree. It's a really disappointing book tbh, which is a shame.

Now starting Hitman Anders and the Meaning of it All.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Patterns of Chaos - first read it in my teens, so that makes it neo-Victorian. Just read it again expecting it to be embarrassingly crap, but was pleasantly surprised. Obviously dated but held up pretty well as a space opera.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Was wondering about his million-word opus. May be purchasing :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Was wondering about his million-word opus. May be purchasing :)

Lost patience with Alan Moore years ago. It seems to be a thing with those old school comics guys; Pat Mills is ga-ga, Frank Miller is raging bigot etc. Grant Morrison seems to be the only one still delivering the goods.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Really? What's up with both of them?

And, are they just personally twats? If their shit's still good...

I occasionally thumb through 2000AD and Mills has just ruined ABC Warriors with mystical bullshit and Slaine has been unreadable for years. He's just obsessed with paganist shite and drags it in to everything.

As for Miller...This is the point where he turned into a parody of himself and he just gets worse.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
This is pretty amazing sci-fi.
They say that with all sci-fi it's immediately apparent what era it was written in. This is very much a 2016 inspired post-apocalyptic story. Deliciously engaging planetary evolution stories to get your teeth stuck into as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom