Misc What I did today...

Chilly

Balls of steel
Wrote a bit of software to arb at high frequency between various football markets on betfair. too scared to turn it on.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just spent 2 hours in a PC World car park because the fob for my van packed up and the key is so worn that it wouldn't unlock the door manually, had to get a mate to pick me up and take me to the office to get the spare key

People in PC World were very helpful though, even gave me one of their staff car park tickets (its a pay car park adjoined to a Asda) so i wouldn't get clamped

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I ate some bread.
I think I'm turning into a duck.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not yet, but I popped out for a paper, and someone threw a crust of their sandwich on the pavement. Had to chase a pigeon off it. Mine Mine Mine!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Taking a day off. Watching Spartacus Blood & Sand, meeting a mate, then going for a glass of beer and a curry later.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just watched Ilithyia kill Licinia :oops:

308wu9x.jpg

Blood & Sand is such a cracking series :)

soze

I am a FH squatter
I had a phone interview with the mental institution where my friend is being held. She wants me to come visit but I had to speak to her doctor before they will let me. It has hit me just how messed up she actually was when she got sectioned.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Watching The Empire Strikes Back, loving it :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Taking a day off. Watching Spartacus Blood & Sand, meeting a mate, then going for a glass of beer and a curry later.

I like how you specify 'Glass' :); as if otherwise we'd visualize you drinking from a can of super like an upper class scotsman.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Since my ADSL is utter shit, ~2Mb/sec, and Deebs daily takes the piss out of me since he has BT infinity, I usually have to download everything at work and take it home on a USB drive.

So I calculated the "bandwidth of Zarj" == USB Size / Time to get home. I'm now rated at 568Mb/sec.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Since my ADSL is utter shit, ~2Mb/sec, and Deebs daily takes the piss out of me since he has BT infinity, I usually have to download everything at work and take it home on a USB drive.

So I calculated the "bandwidth of Zarj" == USB Size / Time to get home. I'm now rated at 568Mb/sec.
Actually I have BT Infinity 2, that's twice the speed of Infinity and christ know how much faster than your ADSL. Actually isn't WAP faster than your ADSL service? ie it is utter :poop:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Actually I have BT Infinity 2, that's twice the speed of Infinity and christ know how much faster than your ADSL. Actually isn't WAP faster than your ADSL service? ie it is utter :poop:

ah you bast :< you got the 160mb one now? keep hammering the checker on BT website but its not available yet!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ah you bast :< you got the 160mb one now? keep hammering the checker on BT website but its not available yet!
Eh?
I thought BT Infinity = 10/40, BT Infinity 2 = 20/80 (they doubled the speeds a while after launch), I could be wrong.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Eh?
I thought BT Infinity = 10/40, BT Infinity 2 = 20/80 (they doubled the speeds a while after launch), I could be wrong.

Ah, they're trialing 160mb atm in certain areas :p thought you'd managed to get it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
BT are meant to be trialling 480mb FTTP soon I keep looking for that. It is a piss take living too close to the exchange for FTTC :(

rynnor

Rockhound
I had a phone interview with the mental institution where my friend is being held. She wants me to come visit but I had to speak to her doctor before they will let me. It has hit me just how messed up she actually was when she got sectioned.

Springfield?

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Its a joke that they put super speeds in or near London when there are parts of the country that has super slow speeds.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Springfield?
I am not sure where she was first but now family money has her somewhere in Surrey called Shady or Shadow something. I am due to speak to them again soon I will try to remember the name.

rynnor

Rockhound
I am not sure where she was first but now family money has her somewhere in Surrey called Shady or Shadow something. I am due to speak to them again soon I will try to remember the name.

It's quite an experience to visit people in these units - usually when they are first sectioned they are on heavy sedation so pretty doped up and sleepy so be prepared for that.

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's quite an experience to visit people in these units - usually when they are first sectioned they are on heavy sedation so pretty doped up and sleepy so be prepared for that.
Luckily she is about 18 months in. By the sounds of it she is currently acting like someone who is just leaving Secondary School which I suppose is why she wants to talk to me. I have not seen her since she went to Uni 13 years ago. But if she is back there in her head it will be like we are still great friends.

rynnor

Rockhound
soze said:
Luckily she is about 18 months in. By the sounds of it she is currently acting like someone who is just leaving Secondary School which I suppose is why she wants to talk to me. I have not seen her since she went to Uni 13 years ago. But if she is back there in her head it will be like we are still great friends.

They tend to gain a lot of weight is the only other thing to expect - depending on how long they spent under sedation.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Had a 4 hour military training exercise and after that worked on a construction yard, painting some walls mostly.

World may be boring, but a gamers life never is ;)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Nursed Kiffy as he has manful :/

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yesterday one of my Companies rich customers called for a urgent engineer to help him with a Mac problem. I thought why not after all it will be £150 for the first hour then £75 a hour after that. When I got there he was opening a new Mac Book Pro. It turns out his old one was broken. So after having lunch (which he knew he was paying me for) I set up his new Mac and he sent me on my way. As I was about to drive away he came out with his old Mac and asked me to wipe the data and destroy it. I asked if I could keep it if I could get it working (DBAN his disk and set it up on a spare), he said this was fine. Last night I left it rebuilding this morning I woke up to a fully working Mac Book Pro Retina :D I now get a iTunes machine so i can add a smaller SSD to my laptop.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Removed the hard drive from my battered old PC. Not sure whether to place it in the toaster and smear with peanut butter, or microwave it. Then smear it with peanut butter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom