Misc What I did today...

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by WPKenny, Jun 8, 2012.

1. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

Agreed. I genuinely thought he'd put "child " in the list as a joke.

2. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

In the summer I am stripping my living room floor and fireplace. The floor is old flagstones and the fireplace early Victorian. I have told the wife to put up with the cold, I really hate carpets.

Upstairs is oak floor boards but again covered in carpet...though I might need to see about getting the cavity between the downstairs ceiling and the upstairs floorboards insulated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

That's because we build things to LAST. None of this having to make new housing for people like you. Having said that, we don't make new housing at all anymore. Just completely unaffordable "luxury" apartments.

(I have underfloor heating too, but sadly only in the bathroom - sob)

4. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Don't build houses? Those horrible little estates are popping up ten a penny at the moment. Identical houses with identical mid range saloons on the drive. knock them all down imo.

Too many nu-builds, not enough regeneration.

5. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

We have affordable cars. We also have underfloor heating, but are sensible enough to put suitable materials on the floor depending on it's usage. The slate would be fine in a kitchen for example.

Oh and to re-iterate the first point, how much cheaper would your Alfa be in the UK? :D

6. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

We rented a place that had underfloor heating - by day 3 it was painful to walk on and the dog was doing a funny dance and leaping on chairs if she wandered onto it...

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  7. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter

no, that was a house that was "on fire".

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Rebuilding the FH search server. Called Zarjazz a cunt for making me buy a fucking expensive monitor which I do not really need.

Zarjazz YOU ARE A CUNT. Why could I not use the U27xxHM, ie the pikey version?

9. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Heh - it had a weird mixed system where most of the ground floor was underfloor heated the rest central heating - it was just before christmas and extremely cold outside but there was no way to independantly control the two so it was either cool floors and freezing rooms or warm rooms and scalding floor...

10. Zarjazz

Zarjazz Unemployed Bum Travelling The World.

Increase colour space & factory calibrated. Much better contrast ratio for blacker blacks & whiter whites. 25% faster refresh rate, more usb and other ports. PiP support. Blah blah blah.

Anyway, how can you trust your own judgement after the new in-ear headphones you bought day? I quote, "why did I buy these, they're shit" :)

11. Deebs

Ok, understand the monitor.

The headphones were actually great on the way home so I have to withdraw my "they are fucking shit" comment for now.

12. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

Surely your other senses are irrelevant given the size of your hooter Deebs? Why bother with expensive monitors and headphones when you only experience the world through smell?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Deebs

Christ, You didn't wipe your arse properly tonight. I can smell the shit smell from here. You are dirty. (See you at MYstIC G thing where I will cunt you).

14. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!!

I'm not worried about you, you'll spend all night trying to figure out how to drink out of a champagne flute without re-constructive surgery :)

15. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Surely he could just sniff and drink all the champagne in a 2 mile radius?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Deebs

LOL. Did MYstIC G not tell you that we are sharing a room?

17. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

so you both poke fun, complain, and cry in the same post....is this your coming out?

my slate is awesome. wall to wall carpets suck ass tbh: the only real floors are wood or stone (fuck, this is a remark I'd expect Tom to make haha :D) also, to let you of my GT and future Brera would be so dirt cheap it's unreal. only justifiable though, as the steering wheel's on the wrong side...now wonder they pay you to drive the cars :p

so it was broken? you island dwellers don't know how good you have it :p

18. TdC

who'd want to share a room with Chet? or you, for that matter? :D

19. Deebs

Omg, new monitor is just incredible. Liking my new G110 keyboard and I even ventured to Ikea to buy 2 new legs for my table, got home and discovered that I really needed to buy 3. So one leg is a lump of wood now. Fucksake.

20. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

You probably shit on the floor too, you filthy communist!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Wazzerphuk

Just finished making an orange and white chocolate cake... nom!

• Like Like x 1
  22. TdC

only at your house after banging your mum :p

23. CorNokZ

CorNokZ Currently a stay at home dad

Hah! Joke's on you mister! I don't even live with my mum AAAAAAND she doesn't live in a house! She lives in an apartment! HAH!

#BestReplyEver #pwnd #TdCShit

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. TdC

my comment is still completely valid!

#BestRiposteEver #pwnd #CaKeNa35eShit

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  25. Aoami

Aoami I am a FH squatter

Flew from bangkok to saigon

26. Wazzerphuk

Just sorted my free upgrade to HTC One. The reviews are good, it looks lovely. Fuck the S4.