Well its got to that point

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all

Today its got the that point where im complety bored of being solo . I thought i could handle it but today i just feel i cant go on :p

Is there any info on more grp things in line ( Besides the crappy pug grp sc's )

All i seem to do is log on join a sc queue and then solo quest . doesnt seem to be any pq grp in t4 and grp for instances are more rare then rocking horse shit.

Anyone else feeling the solo burn or am i just getting too old :p

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I feel it to a degree, I just find it strange Ive played for this long and havent even had one single random wisper 'can you help me with xx quest' or 'wanna join for xx instance'

Never even see random chat.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Maybe its your servers or your rank bracket? I very recently rerolled on K8P and see a good amount of regionchat (both in tier 1 and 2) asking for people for taking BOs and keeps. So far am quite busy leveling up in scenarios, so I dont know if anyone is actually taking up those offers.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
You guys on k8p must be lucky

But we moved to help th epopulation as there was 2 hour q's on that server. but the server im on has a fairly good population and alot of t4 Bo zergs.

But i feel the all round experiance of lvling very very solo.

But never mind you cant pleased everyone. as long as most of th eplayers are happy then its a success. Ill just have to pootle on a little at a time

pikeh

Resident Freddy
KEP was at med/med at around 8 'o clock last night. Bit of a change from a few weeks ago when it was a definate 40 min queue.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
KEP is one of the few servers with a healthy population

The region chat was a god send for us, it turned it from a ghost town and gave War players a glimpse of what the game could be like.

If the caps were larger then this game would be a WoW beater for sure.

Like pikey said above me, KEP is only Med/Med now. I believe that a full/full server with the same community as KEP would be perfect.

If the servers can cope, then I would advise GOA to sort their act out, forceably migrate entire populations from ghost towns to the current medium servers.

Even if you have to spend some cash to beef the farms up a bit. It could save this game.

Right now people are quiting because they are board, lonely and dont believe anything will fix this (we have heard "soon" for a long time now)

If they could just catch a glimpse of people actually talking in region chat and communication, it becomes a MMORPG, not a single player game.

Few servers, with more people on each one, is the way forward.

Spend some cash, you did say you were in for the long haul didint you?

Its called investment.....

dee777

Loyal Freddie
If the servers can cope, then I would advise GOA to sort their act out, forceably migrate entire populations from ghost towns to the current medium servers.

I agree, but its a fine line you are walking there. If WAR improves (and I still have faith it can do so) and people start resubbing to then full servers, you ll have 600 people queues all over again and we know how well that worked.

Very delicate decision IMO.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
don`t you have a guild? if not find one

Yes a very good one . but alas we are at diffrent stages.

And unless you start a area together your all be on diffrent quests.

I guess we could chain do gunbad but that would get boring after a while.

But as i said no matter ill pootle on slowly when i feel like it.

Just wondered if i was missing something or is there really not alot to do in grp's

how many instances are there

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
need to put the effort in I think - people are so used to levelling up solo because it's easy to do (quest, queue, scenario - all solo).

The natural direction is to solo all the time - not to go looking for groups, so /1 is your new found friend.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Flim! Where've you been? Haven't seen you in FHOT or any of the daoc sections in *checks calendar* three years?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
This happens to a few people I've noticed. However, I found the way round it was to mix 'n' match what I wanted to do. The LFG interface is not bad, as Flim said /1 is your friend. Also, I found that when in scenarios and such, occasionally chatting to people helped find those that are more socially aware and likely to join in stuff.

Lastly, and don't hate me for this, focus on one character until that is 40.

Two reasons: 1) T4 is starting to get going in a much bigger way (on our server anyway)and 2) People can't get to know you if you are dodging around between alts all the time.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
I still think, the game would rather largely benefit if groups wouldnt be punished for every member. Instead raise the xp/inf/RP each group member brings in, it would be perfect..in my opinion.

Faya

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
I still think, the game would rather largely benefit if groups wouldnt be punished for every member. Instead raise the xp/inf/RP each group member brings in, it would be perfect..in my opinion.

Faya

yeah been wondering about that as well

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Yes a very good one . but alas we are at diffrent stages.

And unless you start a area together your all be on diffrent quests.

I guess we could chain do gunbad but that would get boring after a while.

But as i said no matter ill pootle on slowly when i feel like it.

Just wondered if i was missing something or is there really not alot to do in grp's

how many instances are there

It's the same in every online game ever made, you either join random groups or group with your guild or alliance mates. The only difference is that WAR doesn't have many xp groups as there really is no need for them as levelling is reasonably incidental to the game rather than the ultimate goal. Wether that is a good or bad thing remains to be seen. People always moan about xp grind in other games but that is the kind of content players are used to and as such thats the kind of social interaction hub many players look for initially.

Personally i find grouping in WAR very easy, the group finder is very nicely made and theres always alliance and guild war parties or groups running doing various things. However, it does feel like there is a gap and i think thats due to the lack of xp grinding groups you see in all the other mmos.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Well ive had a sleep and watched a film . now ive got a cup of soup and taken a valium . time to mong out and do some more exp :p

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Well tried .

Took me ages runnign through agro etc to get to a place for a grp of quests.

Just getting ready to settle down to some exping. but a sc popped up . so i got somewhere safe joined . had a good fight . the sc ended and guess what i placed me back where is was 30 mins before hand.

so im going to watch dickinsons deal :p

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Lastly, and don't hate me for this, focus on one character until that is 40.

Two reasons: 1) T4 is starting to get going in a much bigger way (on our server anyway)and 2) People can't get to know you if you are dodging around between alts all the time.

I wish I could but I have alt fever! What's the cure?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I wish I could but I have alt fever! What's the cure?

If you ever find a cure, please let me know...
><

BTW, the bimonthly roundtable of anonymous altoholics will reserve a seat for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom