darkness falls returns ..well sort of !

pikeh

Resident Freddy
quick , give us your address

well send the police round so they can untie you, and rescue you from that horror of horrors, being forced to play WAR .

:fluffle:

It surely can't be done!

*faints*

Gahn

Resident Freddy
quick , give us your address

well send the police round so they can untie you, and rescue you from that horror of horrors, being forced to play WAR .

:fluffle:

Playing a game and being a fanboy are different things if you can catch it :m00:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Playing a game and being a fanboy are different things if you can catch it :m00:

and yet all you do is complain about WAR, so why on earth do you go on playing it ?

:lol:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The total cost of the game should factor in the cost of the equipment. Now with most games a normal spec computer will run it and so it would be silly to count the cost when you would have that spec normally. You need a significantly above average computer to play WAR especially if you want rvr to be smooth and that also alienates casual players.

So when the next generation of games comes out, you feel they should be obliged to write on their boxing:

Price 15.99 (750.99 with computer).

Honestly.

What a stupid argument.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
So when the next generation of games comes out, you feel they should be obliged to write on their boxing:

Honestly.

What a stupid argument.

Agree.

A buffbot account in DAoC was good for only one thing. A new computer is good for various things, a slight perk is the added fact you can run a new game 30 fps better or whatever.

mooSe_

FH is my second home

Honestly.

What a stupid argument.

you forgot the other hidden cost of electricity
oh and they also need to take into account that you will need to pay for food in order to keep yourself alive for long enough to play the game

Gahn

Resident Freddy
and yet all you do is complain about WAR, so why on earth do you go on playing it ?

:lol:

Because it has positives and all they have to do is fix the bugs (against which i righteously complain since i pay my monthly fee)?
Wake up and stop trolling tbh you are a bit annoying atm.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Honestly.

What a stupid argument.

No, I don't think that.

You didn't need a buffbot while playing DaoC. I still play Daoc have 15 million+ RP across 3 chars and never had a buffbot. If you are going to take the ridiculous position that buffbots (and having upto 3 each!) were essential then I will continue YOUR argument and point out how you will need to say that you need a computer, you need an internet connection, you need electricity, you need a decent mouse and keyboard......

pikeh

Resident Freddy
No, I don't think that.

You didn't need a buffbot while playing DaoC. I still play Daoc have 15 million+ RP across 3 chars and never had a buffbot. If you are going to take the ridiculous position that buffbots (and having upto 3 each!) were essential then I will continue YOUR argument and point out how you will need to say that you need a computer, you need an internet connection, you need electricity, you need a decent mouse and keyboard......

What classes are these? do you run in a set group?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
What classes are these? do you run in a set group?

Bard, Druid, Healer all rr9+ But if you play any groupable class and spec it for group play you won't need a buffbot. You can always play on classic too....

I play Massively Multiplayer Online (Role Play) Games so that I can play with other people! I have run in a set group but I normally play in PuGs on the German servers.

Buffs are necessary to compete in RvR. A buffbot is one way of getting buffs but certainly not the only way. If you look at the German servers there are plenty of casual players without buffbots playing.

The fact that buffbots are an advantage is not ideal but it hasn't caused the problems that some people make out. In a similar way gold farming isn't ideal in other games (WoW, EvE etc) but it is perfectly possible to enjoy the game without forking out extra cash to the farmers.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Bard, Druid, Healer all rr9+ But if you play any groupable class and spec it for group play you won't need a buffbot. You can always play on classic too....

I play Massively Multiplayer Online (Role Play) Games so that I can play with other people! I have run in a set group but I normally play in PuGs on the German servers.

Buffs are necessary to compete in RvR. A buffbot is one way of getting buffs but certainly not the only way. If you look at the German servers there are plenty of casual players without buffbots playing.

The fact that buffbots are an advantage is not ideal but it hasn't caused the problems that some people make out. In a similar way gold farming isn't ideal in other games (WoW, EvE etc) but it is perfectly possible to enjoy the game without forking out extra cash to the farmers.

So 3 of the most groupable classes in the game? It's no wonder you can't see where we are coming from.

This is no place to discuss DAoC's failings, all I can say is that buffbots ultimately killed the game for me, and I'm sure others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom