Renown point calculation

jizzah

Fledgling Freddie
It really needs looked into.

How is the gain for winning a senario so small? I admit, it's just as important to have RP distributed as is, i.e. a combo of damage, healing, prolly deaths and level-etc.

BUT, winning a senario whether by a small or large amount yields little in terms of rewards. My 3rd senario in a row vs much the same order lot, and who gets the beefy renown bonus? Who comes out on top with 4k+ all 3 times? the losing side's healer, who did NOTHING but heal. A good posterboy to show the crap healers on destro, who seem to think healing's only something they have to bother about in PVE, the benefits of actually supporting your side.

500 rp max ATM for a win in tabby dam senario. A win by 500 should give a massive RP bonus, encouraging people to run the bomb as per the senario's design. As is, it's MORE RP efficient to just camp the barrel's spawn, and farm whomever tries crossing the bridge.

IMO the 500 RP for 500 points, plus 1500 rp for getting max in the instance.
For <500 RP but a win, the points made plus 500 for winning.

Jizzah (meany)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
play normal rvr like real men instead

jizzah

Fledgling Freddie
That's hardly addressing my point, but duely noted.
Thx. Anyone else have a point, better still one actually related to the aforementioned?

Chey

Fledgling Freddie
we have been wondering how the calculations are done, as there is definately some inconsistencies

ECA

I am a FH squatter
we have been wondering how the calculations are done, as there is definately some inconsistencies

QFcoming top of damage, kills and solo kills and coming bottom on RP.

wtf

Draylor

Part of the furniture
A low level killing high levels gets far more renown than a high level farming lower levels.

Those topping the damage & kills numbers are almost always the highest levels.

Simple, isnt it?

jizzah

Fledgling Freddie

wtf
There's other stuff involved. Had a level 28 and a 23, neither did any healing, but the L23 did more damage. The lowbie landed more killing blows and had more playerkills. On top of this the lowbie solod 1- the 28, 0. And to ice the cake, both died exactly the same amount. Once.

Now, looking at the result there the level 23 did more in the game. Yet that player came 8th in the table, the level 28 1st. Less damage, no diff in healing, higher level, same amount of deaths, less kils and KBs, BUT GOT MORE RP?!

Soazak

Part of the furniture
If you (or your group) kills the same person a few times in a row they get reduced RPs, as in daoc people are worth less and less each time they die. So if you happen to kill the same people multiple times, and he kills differen people he will get more.

I remember daoc using a function were the last 3-5 people you kill count as 'repeated' kills and give the quick message "xxx has been killed recently and is worth less RPs". WAR appears to use the same function.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
the big winner for gaining RPs is knowing how to use your group.

Fine and simple.

I usually know how well I'll do in a scenario when I see what classes are in my group; With a few right picks, I'll be #1-3 every time.
Actually, thats lying, I need just 1 right class in there with me.
A Sorcerer.

That is speaking as a shaman; If I got a sorcerer in my group, I waste no time in telling him to keep dark magic at 100 all the time and I will have a HoT or 2 on him constantly if he remembers to peel off me when needed.

If he listens, that usually lands both of us in the top 3 and rest of the group in top 10.

Sure, I always end up with a few whiny tanks who think I should focus on them. I still heal who needs it and cast HoTs around like crazy (I always end top 3 in healing), but if choise is to let the tank who charged wildly ahead die, or let the one nuking for one of the best DPS's in the game die, I will let the tank take the fall.

If I do not have a sorcerer in group, it is not a loss, I will heal eveything in sight as per usual, but not gain the added bonus of RPs from group that a sorcerer can bring; still always end up in top10, but then again, not unusual to end up with me and a few others outhealing the other healers by a factor of 3. Standard for any T2 is 37k healed from me; When it really gets going, 70k+ healed during a single T2 scenario is not unusual

Zede

Part of the furniture
the healer did NOTHING but heal ? what a loser !

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
is it a win by hitting the point cap or the timer running out? The first has an RP/XP bonus for everyone on your side (so does the second I think but not nearly so big)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
too many people havent get a clue about what the scenarios are about or how the game works.... when we run guild grp in scenarios we have no problem winning as rest of our order fellows run around with destro playing the headless chicken... :twak:

more teamwork in scenarios, and healers start healing instead of pointless nuking of tanks with shammies spreading love a bit behind... flank them and flush them out...

atm where in warlock purple with vermin brown.... come and get us :flame:

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
They should vastly reduce RPs awarded for kills, and make scenario objectives worth a decent amount of RPs.

It's pointless having a whole range of carefully designed scenarions that 50% of the time turn into a big random battle.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
It's pointless having a whole range of carefully designed scenarions that 50% of the time turn into a big random battle.

errrm.....im sure you've got a point somewhere, its just that its late and i dont see it.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
On a side note, wouldnt it be just important to win regardless of points? I useally defend the major point on a map with my chars, going last in contribution sometimes, but we won? Just wondering if people noticed that the winning is important, not the personal gain in WAR.

Faya

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
On a side note, wouldnt it be just important to win regardless of points? I useally defend the major point on a map with my chars, going last in contribution sometimes, but we won? Just wondering if people noticed that the winning is important, not the personal gain in WAR.

Faya

Good point but as war is more geared like wow, so most people only end up in a scenario group as it auto places you in one. And just like the daoc daocs they want to make RP, not a great deal of people care about the outcome of the scenario as long as they have RP for arthur!!.... oh wait wrong game...

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Yea Mas, but the good side is..WoW players tend to follow the herd master :) So it is possible to lead them to victory with them not even knowing why :)
RPs come naturally, so i dont see a reason to race them. But then i was never be a powerplayer :)..that said, all my chars who are 1-11 have same RR atm...:m00:

Faya

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Another similar thing I was wondering. I was playing RvR last night in the big keep take on Karak Eight Peaks with my Sorc friend. I was rank 25 and he was rank 29 and noone else in our grp.

Whenever we recieved rp (I healed him while he was doing the dmg) I recieved more rp than him. When I recieved ~80 he recieved ~40. Why is this? He got more and more annoyed :p Could it be because I was lower lvl than him and the difference in rank between the ones he killed and me where larger than between them and him?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Another similar thing I was wondering. I was playing RvR last night in the big keep take on Karak Eight Peaks with my Sorc friend. I was rank 25 and he was rank 29 and noone else in our grp.

Whenever we recieved rp (I healed him while he was doing the dmg) I recieved more rp than him. When I recieved ~80 he recieved ~40. Why is this? He got more and more annoyed :p Could it be because I was lower lvl than him and the difference in rank between the ones he killed and me where larger than between them and him?

Yes, its just like rvr xp really, lower ranks and lower levels will get more xp than higher rr and more xp'd folk. Try healing a lower rr guy and im sure you would get less renown for doing so, or a lower level healer healing you would also get more renown than you healing him.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
At 22rr people can also slot a 5% renown bonus tactic. But yes base renown is a combination of your level, enemy level, if they've recently been killed, number of people in the group nearby. If I go off and do solo kills I get more renown.

There's usually a big bonus for properly completing the scenario which at my level is important because I get so little from kills. E.g. Phoenix Gate CTF which I play a lot, if you get to 500 there's a 600rp bonus. There's a small bonus ~180 for winning without getting to 500, the losers get a tiny bonus.

Open RVR is fun if a bit laggy with some of the mass battles I've seen recently but I'm totally addicted to scenarios :)

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I too think the calculations for RPs are a bit odd, and healers certainly do seem to make alot of RP but maybe that is there to encourage people to heal rather than dps.

It would be good if they could actually sort it out a bit, but I think there are more important issues to fix like the lag and many of the bugs.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
yes, I think its wrong that the healers should get RP

I mean, they just heal, the dps do the damage, they should get all the rps, healers deserve nothing!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
yes, I think its wrong that the healers should get RP

I mean, they just heal, the dps do the damage, they should get all the rps, healers deserve nothing!

I allways tend to come in the top 3 healers in scenarios -_- My heals are shite. Tend to get around 5-6k healing, got 11k once, don't know how O_O I like the EXP for winning more. 5k for a win, isn't bad.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I know sarcasm works bad in typing, but I thought my extreme point of saying they should get nothing would make it obvious

Toel

Loyal Freddie
What really bothers me is the fact that when I'm facing lowbies in a scenario I get almost no rp's - why the hell should "I" have to pay because they didn't bother to level up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom